Make Eating Affect Skill Gains

SidX

Grandmaster
It would be nice to see eating provide some bonus to skill gain percentage.. maybe by being "completely full" your skill gain chance would go up by something minuscule, like 0.1%, but it'd be something nonetheless. This would create a few good benefits. Not only is it more realistic, it could also work as a gold sink of sorts. If eating were more important, we'd either need to fish, buy food or create food.. all things that cost gold to do. This being done by thousands of players would be a huge benefit to our gains and the economy.

jeffe

Master
It has been said here on forums many number of times that eating already does affect your skill gain or at least your success rate which in turn would help skill gain. I don't know that there is an official confirmation of it, but if ya read some skill gain guides they always suggest being full and quenched.

SidX

Grandmaster
It has been said here on forums many number of times that eating already does affect your skill gain or at least your success rate which in turn would help skill gain. I don't know that there is an official confirmation of it, but if ya read some skill gain guides they always suggest being full and quenched.
I was wondering about this.. because for years people swore on OSI servers that eating changed your skill gain chances but the devs said 100% that it absolutely does not. Unless they changed something here, I'd imagine any noticed gains after eating are purely coincidental. Confirmation would be great!!

halygon

Grandmaster
The staff have already said in the past that eating affects skill gain. They did not say anything about skill/spell success rates though.

84brian

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure it is turned on. Figured that's why the water troughs are at every bank. Yea I had zero gains of lock picking for a few hours yesterday at 99.skil. Right after I ate and drank water. Skill shot up like crazy.