MAKE UOF GREAT AGAIN!

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I started on UOF a couple of months after launch. The thing that made this shard stand out to me were the basic mechanics of PVP. Back then I used to just grab some gear and go out to look for a fight. I won outnumbered and lost 1v1 but it was fun then and I never felt like I was at a disadvantage due to equipment or any other mechanics. I loved UOF back then.

Fast forward to now it feels like unless you have a pit of money to spend on each PVP char you are at a disadvantage. We have factioners doing wand pot combos and greater healing on the move. We have PVPers gaining advantage from PVM items that cost millions. You dont NEED wands and defense relics and all the rest of the shite of course, but it is a big advantage for players who have them. It feels ITEM BASED now. Richest person has the best advantage and thats a really worrying path to go down. I cant see many players who came back from playing years ago staying to PVP for long once they realise the mechanics are based around the elite few.

I'd love it to go back to basics.

REMOVE WANDS - Implement mount stamina and a red pot cool down rather than wands. The argument for wands is factioners run and run. Now theres heal wands so they can heal and heal while they run and run. How do non-factioners catch these players? Its still cat and mouse but now you need items to play. Unless you outnumber your foe 5 to 1 of course, then its a nice easy kill for the half competent players. 5 to 1 should be enough odds for half competent players without wands anyway but obviously not.
Its strange that there was such a strong stance by the owners against wands and bolas when the shard started but that stance has been allowed to be polluted.

REMOVE PVM ADVANTAGES IN PVP - No PVM items should work for PVP. Not sure what else to say about this, it seems so obvious. Even if there are only a few people using these advantages its still a problem in my eyes. Any PVM items that give an advantage should stop working once in a PVP situation, at the very least for the attacking player.

Before everyone starts going mad and telling me I know fuck all because I havent got 12 million posts on the forums and dont play in their time zone. I am not saying I am the greatest player ever and I know exactly whats right. Im not saying my views are shared by everyone. I have no agenda against anyone. My only concern is for the shard as I dont want to see it go like all the others. The shard gets so many things so right. The content is truly amazing and the population is so diverse that there is something for everyone. Please remove all the item based PVP advantages and go back to basics.

MAKE UOF GREAT AGAIN!

drasked

Grandmaster
I started on UOF a couple of months after launch. The thing that made this shard stand out to me were the basic mechanics of PVP. Back then I used to just grab some gear and go out to look for a fight. I won outnumbered and lost 1v1 but it was fun then and I never felt like I was at a disadvantage due to equipment or any other mechanics. I loved UOF back then.

Fast forward to now it feels like unless you have a pit of money to spend on each PVP char you are at a disadvantage. We have factioners doing wand pot combos and greater healing on the move. We have PVPers gaining advantage from PVM items that cost millions. You dont NEED wands and defense relics and all the rest of the shite of course, but it is a big advantage for players who have them. It feels ITEM BASED now. Richest person has the best advantage and thats a really worrying path to go down. I cant see many players who came back from playing years ago staying to PVP for long once they realise the mechanics are based around the elite few.

I'd love it to go back to basics.

REMOVE WANDS - Implement mount stamina and a red pot cool down rather than wands. The argument for wands is factioners run and run. Now theres heal wands so they can heal and heal while they run and run. How do non-factioners catch these players? Its still cat and mouse but now you need items to play. Unless you outnumber your foe 5 to 1 of course, then its a nice easy kill for the half competent players. 5 to 1 should be enough odds for half competent players without wands anyway but obviously not.
Its strange that there was such a strong stance by the owners against wands and bolas when the shard started but that stance has been allowed to be polluted.

REMOVE PVM ADVANTAGES IN PVP - No PVM items should work for PVP. Not sure what else to say about this, it seems so obvious. Even if there are only a few people using these advantages its still a problem in my eyes. Any PVM items that give an advantage should stop working once in a PVP situation, at the very least for the attacking player.

Before everyone starts going mad and telling me I know fuck all because I havent got 12 million posts on the forums and dont play in their time zone. I am not saying I am the greatest player ever and I know exactly whats right. Im not saying my views are shared by everyone. I have no agenda against anyone. My only concern is for the shard as I dont want to see it go like all the others. The shard gets so many things so right. The content is truly amazing and the population is so diverse that there is something for everyone. Please remove all the item based PVP advantages and go back to basics.

MAKE UOF GREAT AGAIN!

Def relic shouldn't work in a pvp scenario, i think most people can agree on this.

When it comes to wands i don't really see the problem, they are faction only and you are still able to compete without wands. I personally don't like wands but i think i would hate mount stamina a lot more.

Kird

Adept
would not call it item based since you can go buy a bunch of wands for not much gold and you are all set up.

I'm a little biased when it comes to relics. I invested 5 month in my defense tali just for this purpose... but yea... prolly lame.
are there that many maxed defense Tali people running around?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
wands only made the running worse... its ridiculous that factions, an end-game pvp system, is 100% a marathon run fest or ebolt rails. The solution to this is easy and has been stated many times:

add bolas for factions only
add aoe spells for factions only
add mount fatigue for factions only
fix storms eyes so they work like a purple pot and cannot be swung and held indefinitely

Factions should be about fighting not about running a marathon because you think you should be able to faction 2v8. Unless you run into an ebolt rail due to your own bad positioning, its damn near impossible to die as a factioner with gheal wand charges.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
wands only made the running worse... its ridiculous that factions, an end-game pvp system, is 100% a marathon run fest or ebolt rails. The solution to this is easy and has been stated many times:

add bolas for factions only
add aoe spells for factions only
add mount fatigue for factions only
fix storms eyes so they work like a purple pot and cannot be swung and held indefinitely

Factions should be about fighting not about running a marathon because you think you should be able to faction 2v8. Unless you run into an ebolt rail due to your own bad positioning, its damn near impossible to die as a factioner with gheal wand charges.

Maybe it could be done without bolas or wands.

WHILE IN COMBAT WITH ANOTHER PLAYER ONLY:

Mount fatigue after a (distance) without stopping for at least (?) seconds.
When you get mount fatigue you have to stop for (?) seconds before you can refresh.
(times and distance would have to be worked out and tested. I was thinking 2-3 seconds, not sure about distance)

This would sort out a lot of problems I think and should be for everyone so no one feels hindered joining factions.

I dont think people will be happy losing the wands they have farmed/bought though. Could do a trade in for gold or dono per charge.