Malas and Tokuno on Pre-AoS Ruleset

• If only the land were added, yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Fel, exclusively, is what UO was meant to be

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

SidX

Grandmaster
So I'm not sure if this falls under a "suggestion", but more of a curious thought I figured I'd bounce off all of you.

I'm new to pre-AoS UO. I joined the day Age of Shadows launched and continued for about 8 years. Having since quit the official servers, I've found a new home here on UOF. It's been a learning curve but I am loving the thoroughness of the game that existed prior to AoS. It is a completely different game, and one that I am liking more each day.

Would anyone like to see Tokuno Islands or Malas but with the full pre-AoS ruleset? For example, UO Forever - exactly the way it is now - only with the added Malas and Tokuno Islands geography? Obviously not now, but at any time? Full PvP, no artifacts. The only downside I could think of is that the housing market would tank since Malas is basically a massive grass plot for 500,000,000,000 homes.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Honestly, I just don't see it. Mechanics and new spawn were just an afterthought for what Malas really was made for: housing expansion.

Not sure we can have our current ruleset in that playspace without it feeling hollow, if that's the right word.

T2a is the only era accurate expansion that can be reasonably added. No substantial new "content" and no housing, just a larger playspace. T2a was pretty poorly designed and very clunky but there's something almost sacred about that space. I think most of us have enjoyed our time there during the zombie events (there have been two) and it's a nice place to visit but we wouldn't wanna live there, so to speak ;)

Shane has stated that t2a will remain event-only and that's the way I would prefer it, at least until the population outgrows Brittania. Then we'll talk!

Geriatric

Expert
already feels like the population is outgrowing britania
have trouble finding a decent place to make money on my bard cos most of the high end spawn is taken
even when i log my t mapper 1 in 5 of the t map locations i go to someone else is already there

Hugsforpeace

Apprentice
As someone who actually prefers AOS over all era's, adding that much landmass really kills it for interaction between people and it really sucks. I come from Siege, where the player base was already small and when Tokono finally came out you never saw anyone except in Ilsh dungeons and Luna.

Geriatric

Expert
i say add these new places in
means that the reds have to spend more time looking for someone to gank

it's a buff for the pvmers

Hogan

Novice
As someone who actually prefers AOS over all era's, adding that much landmass really kills it for interaction between people and it really sucks. I come from Siege, where the player base was already small and when Tokono finally came out you never saw anyone except in Ilsh dungeons and Luna.

i stopped playing after AoS, so im not familiar with the areas you are talking about. I love T2A because thats where i played when i was brand new to UO. But even at that i dont think any additional land should be added.

OSI was great because of the mass population. Until we reach those type numbers on UOF, the last thing that should happen is spreading out the player base.