Meta Pet broken mechanics

Kairus

Adept
1) immune to every slayer type weapon

2) scripted to instantly dispell summons , which is a pvp-only advantage

3) extremly overpowered against other tamers in pvp, if enemy tamer has no meta pet

4) dies too hard(way harder than normal pets), which makes it like an indestructible fort in pvp fights

5) if a tamer procs quicksilver and then makes his pet attack a player, pet instantly kills anyone. can be used to kill 2-3 players at once.

and many other things i probably dont even know... well is any of these even intended? meta pets are being abused in pvp by one guild mainly(we all know which one) tough.

K A Z

Grandmaster
- meta pets can easily control high end spawns while still keeling any attacking players (if used properly)

I doubt there will be any changes to those beasts, though (and I dont care really at this point)

Bobby123

Grandmaster
1) immune to every slayer type weapon

2) scripted to instantly dispell summons , which is a pvp-only advantage

3) extremly overpowered against other tamers in pvp, if enemy tamer has no meta pet

4) dies too hard(way harder than normal pets), which makes it like an indestructible fort in pvp fights

5) if a tamer procs quicksilver and then makes his pet attack a player, pet instantly kills anyone. can be used to kill 2-3 players at once.

and many other things i probably dont even know... well is any of these even intended? meta pets are being abused in pvp by one guild mainly(we all know which one) tough.

Before we address your concerns , i have some questions for you :

-Are you a DodgeQMS player ?

-You do not have a meta pet ?

- You want pets nerf for pvp because $ guild has been beating EQMS 99.9% of all fights ?

If your answer is yes for all , i have a suggestion for you .

And my suggestion is to ignore your concerns since EQMS are a bunch of crybabies that have VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF PVP/PVM .

Maybe EQMS should focus on crafting etc ?!?

Kairus

Adept
@Bobby123
im not in eqms,
btw from the massage you wrote it seems your guild is the one that abuses pets in pvp, nice that u admit it , honesty is good.

@Swayze
which part of the thread is bad, are you saying all of this is intended?

meta pokemons were interesting to see at first, but as time passed, they dont seem so cool anymore ,im an old school guy, i never really liked em and cared about them and wanted them to stay as far from my game as they can be, so i didnt make a meta tamer too. but they are invading my gamespace too much for too long time now.

at least let people fight them if they want to, dragonslaying and reptiliandeath are expensive slayers, and even they dont work vs metapokemons. not to mention they have 120+ wrestling which means metapokemon will Dodge like %60 of your hits with weapons. magic doesnt even harm them because of how resistance scales over 100, and they have like 120 resist too.

in a small scale fight you can just rush-kill a low skilled tamer, but in a medium-high sized battle, meta pets are just eating everyone.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Dunno if there wasn't op Tamers half these people wouldn't play. Rather have players playing than good pvpers just shitting on everyone. The only good Pokemon trainer is ghost.
Nerf the pets players will cry even more. Either way I don't care as long as there's people playing and peeveepee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swayze

Grandmaster
I honestly don't think meta pets are an issue at all in pvp. The relics can't be used in pvp unless they attack a mob and then attack a player (VERY rare chance this happens and only quicksilver).

With most people are mounted in pvp, the speed of the meta pet cant be chasing down people. I think you died to a meta pet in an RDA or something and put your rage into this thread. Its not a problem, its a problem you had 1 time and got butt hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

smile it's me

Grandmaster
@Bobby123
not to mention they have 120+ wrestling which means metapokemon will Dodge like %60 of your hits with weapons. magic doesnt even harm them because of how resistance scales over 100, and they have like 120 resist too.

I think their skills count as GM if engaged in PVP,
at least that 's what staff said

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
I think their skills count as GM if engaged in PVP,
at least that 's what staff said

At gm skills it still instant flame strike and fireball doing 70+ dmg, if you weave a weaken + explosion into your all kill combo its instadeath.

Yes meta pets are broken but staff has no intentions of fixing them.

Best thing you can do is be str potted up + have reflect up, off screen the all kill combo if its on you, parapets, and try get a clean sync off.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Wouldn't a fully trained dragon do the exact same thing? Again, this isn't a meta pet issue.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Wouldn't a fully trained dragon do the exact same thing? Again, this isn't a meta pet issue.

dragons don't have 140 magery and don't flame strike nearly as much. Yes i understand the damage is capped at gm versus players but if you have a meta with 120-140 magery it flamestrikes way more than a normal dragon because of the high magery skills. don't worry patrick, staff already said they aren't going to touch them and that metas deserve to be op in pvp because the amount of time/money players invested in them.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I am not worried, I am just saying if the skills cap out at gm in pvp... whats the difference between a meta vs a trained dragon? It was a serious question.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Dunno if there wasn't op Tamers half these people wouldn't play. Rather have players playing than good pvpers just shitting on everyone. The only good Pokemon trainer is ghost.
Nerf the pets players will cry even more. Either way I don't care as long as there's people playing and peeveepee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People played just fine when all we had were mares and drags.

I mean the abuse wasn't rampant but I don't think $ fags would quit if their metas were useless in PvP. They would just move right on to the next lame thing.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
I am not worried, I am just saying if the skills cap out at gm in pvp... whats the difference between a meta vs a trained dragon? It was a serious question.

dragons don't have 140 magery and don't flame strike nearly as much. Yes i understand the damage is capped at gm versus players but if you have a meta with 120-140 magery it flamestrikes way more than a normal dragon because of the high magery skills.QUOTE]

Bromista

Grandmaster
By and large there is no difference but there are a few quirks that give an advantage over regular pets.

The only points that aren't total shit in the OP are #2 and #5.

I thought slayers worked on metas tbh. Either way that's not a big deal.

All in all it's not a major difference so if you took the meta out of PvP the same nerds would be doing the same shit with mares and dragons.

Honestly the dismount timer being broken and the way pet control is (or was?) being calculated was for more advantageous for PvP tamers. Players that abused broken mechanics in order of most rampant to least rampant:

LHR
Azria
Kemi'kalz (not 100% about skill distribution but he had some cheating ass macros on Rikku)
Flube (same as above)

Those guys with mares would destory any clown with a lvl 7. Anyone really.

Any other tryhard PvP tamers I missed? I'm not sure about malkraven I never see him on id tame ur mum except for hanging out in Brit afk, wouldn't consider him a tryhard though he actually logs into other chars besides his PvP tamer.

Take notes, people.

Swayze

Grandmaster

Thank you for not answering my post. How would they have 140 magery when they cap out at gm?? GM means 100 in case you didn't know, not 120-140. In a pvp situation, it would be 100, not 120-140. Do you understand now? It is not damage that is capped - its skill. Skill as in Magery.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Are you referring to me? I didn't need to address the skill thing because you are 100% right about skills being capped at GM. Just wanted to elaborate on the actual reasonable things to complain about in tamer PvP, which led to the reply getting a little off-topic.

Apologies.

$ honestly hardly abuses the most broken aspects of PvP tamers. They just suck really bad at PvP so they have a hundred pets at the ready on multiple tamers at all times. Meta or not they would still win fights like that because it's a shitter's way to win: fight me + my pets because I suck at UO LAWL !

Swayze

Grandmaster
Are you referring to me? I didn't need to address the skill thing because you are 100% right about skills being capped at GM. Just wanted to elaborate on the actual reasonable things to complain about in tamer PvP, which led to the reply getting a little off-topic.

Apologies.

$ honestly hardly abuses the most broken aspects of PvP tamers. They just suck really bad at PvP so they have a hundred pets at the ready on multiple tamers at all times. Meta or not they would still win fights like that because it's a shitter's way to win: fight me + my pets because I suck at UO LAWL !

Nope, was not referring to you.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Thank you for not answering my post. How would they have 140 magery when they cap out at gm?? GM means 100 in case you didn't know, not 120-140. In a pvp situation, it would be 100, not 120-140. Do you understand now? It is not damage that is capped - its skill. Skill as in Magery.

it's damage... there is no way to "cap magery". Learn UO and RunUO my friend :) It's not as if the pets skills actually change, but rather the DMG is capped to where it would be with 100 magery... pre-patch those things would hand out 70-80 dmg flamestrikes from what I remember.

the skill thang is also one of the reasons why I would run with Kirins on dat other server I used to play - they had like 120 magery and every second spell would be a flamestrike.