Meta steed or Spider.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
So, to be honest, and frank about it, I am getting pretty bored and I have a level 7 meta dragon, that is maxed out, except for Bloody Talons relic. Therefore, with the constant struggle of trying to buy the event frags to obtain the meta steed, is it better to scrap that idea and just go for the meta spider? It seems like these meta steeds are become extremely rare to obtain and with being able to only play a little here and there, I don't know if I can constantly be trying to obtain the steed.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments?

Thank you,

Dulcinea.

StegcO

Grandmaster
aracnofobia1.jpg

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you have a (near) max drag you have basically two or three options: go for a steed to pair, buy a spider egg and keep your dragon on standby for the time being, or sell your dragon for spider funds. You'll have to stable your drag to play with your spider anyway, but selling it means giving up your firepower in the meantime which will certainly be a buzzkill. Choosing a steed means your dragon will always be there waiting idly by, quite literally he can just hang back while you train your steed so you can handle spawn or players no prob. You will be vulnerable while you train your spider and you can't make money on the side (you'd be surprised how well you can do mopping up nearby spawn while you train your steed - if you know the right places to farm/train)

Availability is an issue for both steed eggs and spider relics so that's about a wash IMO, even though you can start using a spider right away for the low low cost of 10m instead of spending 10m on crystals over the next several months before you can even use your steed.

In short, if you don't mind being patient you should go with a steed and all of the great utility they provide. A steed dragon combo for a total investment of 40m ish with paralytic and that lovely spike damage from QS is better bang for the buck IMO but a max spider is for sure stronger for about 60m.

I am still debating on going for a spider. I kinda want that maximum firepower but I'm just not interested in the grind tbh.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
If you have a (near) max drag you have basically two or three options: go for a steed to pair, buy a spider egg and keep your dragon on standby for the time being, or sell your dragon for spider funds. You'll have to stable your drag to play with your spider anyway, but selling it means giving up your firepower in the meantime which will certainly be a buzzkill. Choosing a steed means your dragon will always be there waiting idly by, quite literally he can just hang back while you train your steed so you can handle spawn or players no prob. You will be vulnerable while you train your spider and you can't make money on the side (you'd be surprised how well you can do mopping up nearby spawn while you train your steed - if you know the right places to farm/train)

Availability is an issue for both steed eggs and spider relics so that's about a wash IMO, even though you can start using a spider right away for the low low cost of 10m instead of spending 10m on crystals over the next several months before you can even use your steed.

In short, if you don't mind being patient you should go with a steed and all of the great utility they provide. A steed dragon combo for a total investment of 40m ish with paralytic and that lovely spike damage from QS is better bang for the buck IMO but a max spider is for sure stronger for about 60m.

I am still debating on going for a spider. I kinda want that maximum firepower but I'm just not interested in the grind tbh.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to give an in-depth explanation and your view, but with very valid arguments for the outlooks. It is very difficult, especially since I start college next week and have gotten a job promotion, I don't have hardly any time to play any more, which is why I wanted to get different views on this. I am lucky to play a couple hours a week at times.

Thank you again. :)

Janesworld

Apprentice
I disagree after having trained all meta pets. The steed is slow af. If you take a meta dragon you will not gain much xp. Steed has no fire breath low dex and after the initial mana is spent it quite frankly is a waste of space.

A level 3-4 spider w Provo will handle almost, if not all spawn. If you want to train with nets. A frost spider is a very good combo for pack instincts / damage. At least it was better when I trained and brood proced.

If your going to invest time into another pet, don't waste it. Go with the spider. Assuming you have access to the funds needed too upgrade properly.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
I disagree after having trained all meta pets. The steed is slow af. If you take a meta dragon you will not gain much xp. Steed has no fire breath low dex and after the initial mana is spent it quite frankly is a waste of space.

A level 3-4 spider w Provo will handle almost, if not all spawn. If you want to train with nets. A frost spider is a very good combo for pack instincts / damage. At least it was better when I trained and brood proced.

If your going to invest time into another pet, don't waste it. Go with the spider. Assuming you have access to the funds needed too upgrade properly.

I see the issue arising about the firebreath not being on the steeds happening a lot. That is an interesting way of looking at the steed and I have heard that you need to have Bloody Talons relic for the steed or don't waste your time with it, as well.

With the level 3-4 spider, is that with the relic(s) or without? I wouldn't be able to afford a relic for a bit because funds are fairly limited, but I am not in a rush to max anything out and am willing to take the time to work for it. My main thing, is I am wanting something to work towards again because I am done with the dragon and am bored... lol

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated and there are definitely different outlooks to consider, when deciding. lol

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah but the spawn you are killing gets mana and stam drain from paralytic making them a waste of space which is super duper nice and opens up doors previously closed. Sure they could be better for raw damage output (shouts out to fire breath) but I don't ever have to recall or call in a second tamer to solo a balron paragon or equivalent thanks to paralytic.

Steeds are slow to train...no two ways about it...even when you put bloody on right away. I wouldn't fuck with a spider or steed unless I had a relic to put on right away which adds to the initial cost of course.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Or cycle provo on my pets like I would have had to do to hold my ground before*

Solo targets are ezpz with paralytic I just wouldn't mess with anything ancient shadow without three vets those are still impossible to solo without a strong paragon to provo them onto and/or multi clienting to the absolute max and I mean max.

Janesworld

Apprentice
I see the issue arising about the firebreath not being on the steeds happening a lot. That is an interesting way of looking at the steed and I have heard that you need to have Bloody Talons relic for the steed or don't waste your time with it, as well.

With the level 3-4 spider, is that with the relic(s) or without? I wouldn't be able to afford a relic for a bit because funds are fairly limited, but I am not in a rush to max anything out and am willing to take the time to work for it. My main thing, is I am wanting something to work towards again because I am done with the dragon and am bored... lol

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated and there are definitely different outlooks to consider, when deciding. lol

Sorry for the delay on the response. I would go for the spider still.

If you don't have money for the relics hold off on both until you do. The spider is still overall better than a steed for training purposes.

The steed will not gain any experience teamed up with a maxxed out meta dragon. The only shot is putting a bloody on / god and turning mobs into paragons ( low wrestle and at ) " no magery is a huge help"

Best method for training thats available to you would be to buy as many nets as possible. Try and farm/paragon krakens

. You'll get nets back as you go as well as barnacle incrusted ingots/ropes (lots more nets and gold)

You can start training this way with the spider as it'll level quick and be able to stay alive. Provo will also help.

Hopefully this helps you out. The steed was a waste to me as I didn't notice any dmg boost from 4-6 really. Once bloody is maxed out it kind of caps at so much dmg. If anyone has a different opinion or experience please do tell.

Good luck, I'd go spider if you haven't chosen. I have a feeling you will be a bit disappointed when you finish steed, I know you won't feel that way about spider.

@Bromista get yourself a spider n train it up from egg. You will love it and prolly trade in steed/dragon for spider a good 7 times out of 10.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Sorry for the delay on the response. I would go for the spider still.

If you don't have money for the relics hold off on both until you do. The spider is still overall better than a steed for training purposes.

The steed will not gain any experience teamed up with a maxxed out meta dragon. The only shot is putting a bloody on / god and turning mobs into paragons ( low wrestle and at ) " no magery is a huge help"

Best method for training thats available to you would be to buy as many nets as possible. Try and farm/paragon krakens

. You'll get nets back as you go as well as barnacle incrusted ingots/ropes (lots more nets and gold)

You can start training this way with the spider as it'll level quick and be able to stay alive. Provo will also help.

Hopefully this helps you out. The steed was a waste to me as I didn't notice any dmg boost from 4-6 really. Once bloody is maxed out it kind of caps at so much dmg. If anyone has a different opinion or experience please do tell.

Good luck, I'd go spider if you haven't chosen. I have a feeling you will be a bit disappointed when you finish steed, I know you won't feel that way about spider.

@Bromista get yourself a spider n train it up from egg. You will love it and prolly trade in steed/dragon for spider a good 7 times out of 10.

No worries on the delay! Thank you kindly for the response, either way, it was awesome. I like the different views. :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Steed has been better utility than I ever thought it could have. Not sure how you were using yours. Maybe I would say the same about a spider (and more firepower is never ever a bad thing for a solo player which is only a small reason I'm pleased with my steed over a WW) but I cannot seriously recommend a 70m grind as anything other than something to do for someone who is real bored with a ton of gold burning a hole in their pocket.

As everyone with a spider says: you gotta solo a lot of RDAs to pay for the party, otherwise you probably shouldn't even think about making your money back so you better be ok with that from the start.

Trading meta pets for meta pets is a great way to lose out on mils too btw

Peav

Grandmaster
you will give up on buying powerscroll/relics to get spider relics and will also hate spamming for event fragments. my advise is...
stay with your dragon and give me mills.

best option, you dont struggle with spams i get gold. works both ways.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
you will give up on buying powerscroll/relics to get spider relics and will also hate spamming for event fragments. my advise is...
stay with your dragon and give me mills.

best option, you dont struggle with spams i get gold. works both ways.

Lol, well... I hate to say it, but I ended up going towards the steed because someone had half the frags, which I couldn't pass up on. Therefore, I unfortunately cannot give you my mills, as I don't have anything left any more. Relics and steed dye... lol. Just need to keep spamming for the remaining 10 small frags. :p

Janesworld

Apprentice
Steed has been better utility than I ever thought it could have. Not sure how you were using yours. Maybe I would say the same about a spider (and more firepower is never ever a bad thing for a solo player which is only a small reason I'm pleased with my steed over a WW) but I cannot seriously recommend a 70m grind as anything other than something to do for someone who is real bored with a ton of gold burning a hole in their pocket.

As everyone with a spider says: you gotta solo a lot of RDAs to pay for the party, otherwise you probably shouldn't even think about making your money back so you better be ok with that from the start.

Trading meta pets for meta pets is a great way to lose out on mils too btw

Very true but I think the steed investment is a good 20-30 m?

Not sure on event drag prices or bloody. It will be awhile before that steed is leveled up.

Either way I'd get all the meta pets, but I rarely used dragon/steed over spider once all meta were finished.

There are certain champs, rdas that require steed/dragon over spider for Dmg output. In a group setting you normally only need 1 steed for the paralytic to proc.

Also if your planning on going steed route make sure to not use a gold relic unless u plan to paragon easy mobs. You don't wana be that guy that paragons everything unintentionally. Although rdas are dif and I believe mobs paragon from the amount of players.

They are both great combos for players, I just never looked back after finishing my spider. And you can farm np with a level 4-5 spider with a relic. About the same cost as putting a bloody on a steed to start.