More non pvp events

Bring tax

Apprentice
actually a really good idea, i suck at pvp due to how far away i am in the world the lag makes it a little difficult. so i mostly pvm. this sounds fun as

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We are open to anything for sure, you also need to understand that we can't just constantly have in town invasions (guarded mob bashing). It's not healthy if we do those types every single week. It also effects economy etc gold wise.

Honestly i think we've been doing many events lately and the server has been extremely active based on that and other things.
However, there's always room for improvement so if you have idea's then we are all ears!

tankian

Grandmaster
We are open to anything for sure, you also need to understand that we can't just constantly have in town invasions (guarded mob bashing). It's not healthy if we do those types every single week. It also effects economy etc gold wise.

Honestly i think we've been doing many events lately and the server has been extremely active based on that and other things.
However, there's always room for improvement so if you have idea's then we are all ears!
That's why I think some quests might be a good idea.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I think some quests might be a good idea,
Can you do me a favor and tone down your signature please and thank ya!

With that said, i agree- I've been wanting quests for awhile, and while we are working on some other important things that will soon be completed i can assure you quests are high on the list. Specially for new players but yeah.

I've been thinking of getting another dev on the team just for quests/custom events actually

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I work with individuals to groups nearly everyday. Not to give away what exactly has been going on, but some examples...
QKprjZk.png

W5r5JRw.jpg

21y2cBr.jpg

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Did you have anything in mind?

Hello @Faytality i am not sure if you remembered when we have the scavenger hunt during the battles tourney where staff hid 10 items across the map for players to find . And Players in turn can choose to turn in the items they find for rewards or keep the items as rare deco .

Also there was another treasure hunt where we have to find the entrance to a room with secret teleporters and get to the prize. If you just miss one tile you be teleported back to bucs den etc.

Personally i enjoyed those 2 events very much and i am willing to sponsor prizes for such events.

Faytality

Staff member
I don't mind doing scavenger hunts, I just can't add items to the game. I would either have to buy up stuff to give away or have people donate items for the events. Also, I can't do the teleport treasure hunt event, it's not within my power to set such a thing up. That would be up to the admins.

Some of the best events are player done like the mazes, jousts, duels. ect. If anyone has an idea for an event, that is within reason, let me know. I'm happy to help.

baddie

Master
it could be fun to have some kind of pvm event that people can sign up for like the ctf and king of the hill mini games... though it'd take some depth to make sure it doesn't get stale quick.

maybe takes place in even those same arenas, except closed off for each team. unlimited enemy spawn, gradually increasing in strength, whichever team gets the furthest wins. or arenas that look as epic as RDAs do.

mobs can drop a unique battle currency, only to be used during that one specific battle, then it disappears. each team has an npc that can sell things that assist for only that battle...
pots, super pots (50hp heal, +50 str pot, +90% poison resist pot)
multiple super slayer weapons [Vanquishing, Exorcism, Silver, Elemental Ban], spellbooks too. slayer armor.
friendly monsters or npcs to assist in the fight.
temporary barriers.
spending money on monsters or a boss to spawn against opposing teams.
maybe no res allowed, unless they spend a lot of their battle currency.
mines

or even no currency, and everything i listed above can be dropped off mobs for the duration of the event. [Vanquishing/Power/Power/Power/Force/Exorcism] Spear but no fencer on the team? toooo bad. oh, there is? well get fucking ready to smash hoes like never before. wait, almost none of these mobs are for exorcism... poop! or that exact item, but it's a shepard's crook, cuse godamn that RNG!!

unique commands. "Assist us, Bezelbubba!" *poof* you guys get a friendly balron.

maybe some kind of objectives, or a kind of B Story to the A Story of self preservation... defend the crystal, transport an item, protect an npc as he moves from point X to Z, assemble the clockwork golem.

whatever it is, just make sure it's randomized every time! the more random, the better.

some events can be uoforever pvm/pvp, too. assemble the clockwork golem, allowing your team to be able to push to the center of the map for whatever objective is over there. other teams in that zone can be attacked.

tankian

Grandmaster
maybe do an invasion in the open world somewhere or within a dungeon this time. so the reward is more riskier without the protection of guards @Shane

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Quests would be a big win for me - things that take some time to accomplish.. I've got myself a singing crystal ball scroll, and while I realize they've been devalued because of the crystal ball being gifted at one point, for me I've taken it on as a personal quest to gather all the materials, so I can make one for myself...

I'd love to see more quest like things in the game - the meta quest for me was a lot of fun, could have been longer though. If you do quests, for deco type items, make them long enough, people will definitely do them. Not all, but many will!

Young Star

Grandmaster
I would recommend staff pick and choose player run events and just polish them up or tweak to work on a broader scale. Ask for players to submit quest content and staff can take content from the ideas. I am sure they could implement ones that take minimal coding. Maybe create special title and wearables like bug reporters get. If staff use all or part of an event idea you submit they can award them with a gift for their contribution.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
@Swayze Good things are worth waiting for - and we're not looking for super complex quests, even collection quests like the soul forge recipes more or less are, can be fun for people, as long as you are making something worth while. Collecting weird resources that no one keeps, with a rare drop chance, or need a ton of them, can encourage economy and social interaction as well... all good things.