My Smart Bandageself Script

Young Star

Grandmaster
I still keep a standard bandage self hotkey but here is one that I put together. I mainly did it to avoid accidentally interrupting a heal, starting it all over. I also add it to the front end of other macros on my healers to make sure I don't skip a heal. I am not good at writing scripts from scratch but I do OK picking out pieces from others and tweaking them to do what I want. I took parts from another script posted in a different UO Steam library site so if you have any suggested improvements to clean it up feel free to share. It does seem like the "bandageself--waitfortarget--target! self" is redundant but if I just to bandageself it messes up. As is it works for me.

if not timerexists 'Bandage Timer'

createtimer 'Bandage Timer'

settimer 'Bandage Timer' 10250

endif

//poisoned

if poisoned 'self' and timer 'Bandage Timer' >= 10250

bandageself

waitfortarget 1500

target! 'self'

settimer 'Bandage Timer' 0

endif

if hits < maxhits and timer 'Bandage Timer' >= 10250

bandageself

waitfortarget 1500

target! 'self'

endif

Last edited by a moderator:

bane

Master
I think this will be a bit better. I like to use a while loop instead of the looping the whole macro. This allows me to control when to start the loop over. Also you don't need to target yourself when using "bandageself" that targeting is built in.
Code:
while not dead

if not timerexists 'Bandage Timer'

createtimer 'Bandage Timer'

settimer 'Bandage Timer' 10250

endif

// Check the bandage timer to see if enough time has elapsed

if timer 'Bandage Timer' < 10250

// Small delay to slow down the loop. 100 milliseconds means we will not miss

// a bandage.

pause 100

// We need to wait for our current bandage to finish so start the while

// loop from the beginning

continue

endif

// If we are poisoned or don't have full health

if poisoned 'self' or hits < maxhits

// Enough time has elapsed lets apply a bandage.

bandageself

// Reset the timer.

endif

endwhile

@Young Star

Young Star

Grandmaster
Yeah I tried taking it out but it seems to get tripped up and takes a second cycle to start again. That may be because it needs that small 10 millisecond delay. I have been meaning to add the while not dead portion. I noticed it was still trying to bandage while I am running to get ressed.

bane

Master
Yeah I tried taking it out but it seems to get tripped up and takes a second cycle to start again. That may be because it needs that small 10 millisecond delay.
my edits broke the formatting but changed a couple small things. I actually usually use a 100 millisecond delay usually so I changed that here. All my endless looping macros use the while loop like this and they don't have any issues so it maybe the delay that saves it

Strigo

Expert
@eppy @halygon @drinn

can a staff member chime in on whether or not this is legal? a looping macro that only fires when conditions are met (hits/poisoned) sounds like pvp automation to me, but what do I know.

Strigo

Expert
Thanks haly.

if poisoned 'self'
usetype '0xf07'
pause 200
endif

The above is illegal though, right?

Strigo

Expert
Why would it be?
"Players may not use any automation scripts while pvping or in any game setting. This includes; Potion throwing, auto potion usage, auto trap pouch usage and more.... No automation will be tolerated!"

my posted script checks for being poisoned and drinks a cure, on loop. that's auto potion usage, and expressly illegal. I would have also considered this auto-bandage to be automation, but I guess not. And I do think it would make a difference, although 'no automation will be tolerated' doesn't seem to require a material impact to be illegal.

Disable razor and uosteam. Make sallos the only supported client :)

halygon

Grandmaster
"Players may not use any automation scripts while pvping or in any game setting. This includes; Potion throwing, auto potion usage, auto trap pouch usage and more.... No automation will be tolerated!"

my posted script checks for being poisoned and drinks a cure, on loop. that's auto potion usage, and expressly illegal. I would have also considered this auto-bandage to be automation, but I guess not. And I do think it would make a difference, although 'no automation will be tolerated' doesn't seem to require a material impact to be illegal.

Disable razor and uosteam. Make sallos the only supported client :)
Well your posted script has nothing to do with automation. It looks pretty much like what my cure potion hotkey looks like minus the pause. Also, you never mentioned for it to be used within PvP. What if it was posted for the primary reason of using it in PvM or for training a skill like poisoning?

The rules state no automation within PvP, but what about outside of PvP? The rules are written in the way they are for a reason. The purpose or "spirit" of the rule is really the deciding factor here. We are restricting the usage of "bot pvp", where spells are automatically casted for certain situations or to sync drops or to gain an advantage above another player in a the PvP setting.

What we don't want to do is restrict players to the point that playing is tedious - it might have worked back in the day on OSI, but for freeshards, it's about having fun.

In regards to this thread specifically, we discussed it in Staff chat and decided that having band-aids apply on a loop is acceptable within PvP and within PvM and does not cross the automated PvP threshold.

Strigo

Expert

The rules state in any game setting, so pvp or pvm shouldn't make a difference for automation. If the cure pot macro is looped, that makes it an automatic cure when poisoned. That seems like de facto 'auto potion usage'.

"or to gain an advantage above another player in a the PvP setting" seems pretty all-encompassing, but okay.

halygon

Grandmaster

The rules state in any game setting, so pvp or pvm shouldn't make a difference for automation. If the cure pot macro is looped, that makes it an automatic cure when poisoned. That seems like de facto 'auto potion usage'.

"or to gain an advantage above another player in a the PvP setting" seems pretty all-encompassing, but okay.
View attachment 5989

What are you trying to accomplish here? As stated before, the staff spoke and decided for band-aids used like as in this topics macro. Is it the rules that you want updated?

On your previous statement. What do you find as an advantage over other players with band-aids being on loop beyond the convenience of having to press a button? I am looking for honest feedback here.

Strigo

Expert
I would like to accomplish getting staff to firm up the rules on automation, and enforce them if broken.

I think a macro like this will result in more hp healed over a period of time than possible through manual button pressing through the minimization of delay. That is the advantage that I think this creates. In the heat of the moment, players often slow to restart bandages and this macro negates that human error in the same way an autocure macro reacts faster than a player can. Or a macro that drops a gheal when damage is taken faster than a player would react. To me, they do the same thing which is minimizing reaction times.

While this type of macro is not overly impactful when limited to bandages, when expanded to gheal and gcure pots it becomes significantly more powerful/cheap and even more so when dropping spells. There does not seem to be a brightline between legal and illegal, as illustrated by the numerous disagreements amongst the playerbase.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
In regards to this thread specifically, we discussed it in Staff chat and decided that having band-aids apply on a loop is acceptable within PvP and within PvM and does not cross the automated PvP threshold.

Staff openly allowing pvp automation, gg UOF.

What Strigo said is spot on. You're using the instantaneous reactions of a CPU to gain an advantage versus normal human reaction times without even having to press any buttons at all. Same thing with the auto recall script that was being presented in another thread.

halygon

Grandmaster
I would like to accomplish getting staff to firm up the rules on automation, and enforce them if broken.

I think a macro like this will result in more hp healed over a period of time than possible through manual button pressing through the minimization of delay. That is the advantage that I think this creates. In the heat of the moment, players often slow to restart bandages and this macro negates that human error in the same way an autocure macro reacts faster than a player can. Or a macro that drops a gheal when damage is taken faster than a player would react. To me, they do the same thing which is minimizing reaction times.

While this type of macro is not overly impactful when limited to bandages, when expanded to gheal and gcure pots it becomes significantly more powerful/cheap and even more so when dropping spells. There does not seem to be a brightline between legal and illegal, as illustrated by the numerous disagreements amongst the playerbase.

Auto purple pot throw macros are explicitly listed as illegal, yet people have openly admitted to using them with no admonishment or repercussions. I would like to see either the rule changed to allow them or action taken against those that use them.

I am interested in clarity and fairness for the sake of the shard, and am not intending this as a personal attack on you or any other staff member, so please don't take it that way.
Thank you for the honest reply, its good to get this feedback.