/!\ New Balanced CTF Scoring system /!\

Peav

Grandmaster
New Age Scoring System.

Introduction

Hello everyone, I would like to suggest a new scoring system which I thought about and built up. This scoring system will allow CTF to be more balanced in terms of gaining the precious [eventscore points and also it will allow CTF to become a more challenging event in terms of PvP and teamwork. I hope you like it and hopefully agree to my ideas and together we can help to build up a better,enjoyable new
system for everyone.

First of all this system will only work if the 4 teams on the CTF will be balanced. The way to make more balanced teams will however need staffers to contribute to the starting of the event. Let's start of with the CTF Queue. The Queue for the CTF will be still available however it's purpose will be to join the joining rooms. The joining rooms will look like this.

arVYlwe.jpg

*Ignore the GM text above.

Players will join up this room. They wont be naked. You will join this room with all your supplies for the CTF. The CTF queue will be open for 15minutes. After the 15minutes the Queue will be closed. This will prevent the players logging on other accounts to put them in a team they don't want to be in and join with the other one to be in their dream team.
However crashing or closing client wont kick you out from the event. So after everyone is in the room the doors will be open at the same time and players will 2xClick the join stone (the dark one infront of the players on the screenshot). It's up to Admins to find the suitable
algorithm like 1-2-1-3 indicating the first 7 players how they will join the teams so in this example it could be (Green-1 | Blue 2 | Yellow 1 | Red 3). However this will be hidden from us and also it will be hard to calculate it because there will be 40+ people clicking on joining stones and people which will want to stack have a small chance to count the people joining. (Joining a team will be random. You cant chose.)

Side note: If teams are struggling and players page in "Hey, I missed the CTF is it still up and can i join?" Staff can add those players to the waiting stones and let them join the team which is struggling them most.

Inside the CTF.

When all the players join the teams after double clicking the stones the CTF will start in 5minutes. During that time players can find out who is going to play the roles. If players don't have a dexxer for example to defend, the 5minutes is for him to set the right [templates and get ready to switch his position. I think this will be very good experience for players since they can show their teamwork and communication which will be vital for future of the game.

Side note: Maybe make a banker available at the 5minutes of
preparation so people can take their weapons if they dont have them on and they are willing to switch position for the better of the team.

Game has begun !

Flaggers aren't now the most rewarding position in terms of eventscore !
The scoring system will give every player in the team the same points for their contribution for Capturing a Flag.
Gaining points: (I would like to stay with some current rewarding points.)
- Assaulting a flag +5 points for the individual (Same as now)
- Returning a flag +2 points for the individual (New) I think 5 is too much compare to the below ones.
- Killing an enemy +2 for killing blow + 1 point for every assistance during that kill. (New) Players won't time Energy Bolt in order to "kill steal" the Points for themselves. And also it will encourage others to throw an EB when passing by and helping the teammates.
- Capturing a flag + 5 points for individual +10 Points to every member of the team. Flagger gets 20 total from Assaulting + Capturing + Global Points.(New) I feel like the teams wallers,defenders,healers should be rewarded too for their contribution which involves keeping the flag in their teams base, Also people wont wall the flagger out because hes about to get all captures and they wont get shit for their 20minutes game and +10 points for trying to kill someone.

I dont think walling should be rewarded in terms of points. If it was rewarded by points people would just macro walling for the whole game and gain +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 for the walls? Wallers are gaining points because of global capture points for the team and they should be happy with their defensive walling work for that.

(So summing up my points. CTF is more balanced because everyone has a chance of getting points if they do good teamwork. Everyone is trying their best to keep their flag in their base and help the flaggers out which will share the global points for the team. I think this will be very nicely viewed from a "new/practicing CTFer" because they will still gain points and learn how to become better with the 5 minutes talk before the start and watching how the team performs.)

BIG NOTE:
AFK detection: Players AFK should be removed. (Provides farming points while AFK).
Multi clienting: Staffers should check the joining room for multi accounts so people wont gain points for walking around with a script or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jani

Grandmaster
+1 great ideas. CTF is a team game and should be all about making your own team to win.

yeah these are good ideas, the same few people get 200 + points everygame, yourself included, for simply running flags, it makes fighting almost pointless if you are only going for eventscore points, it would also be nice if they would finally get rid of the ability to polymorph pregame, i know most people have fixed the macroes to target them but its still a pain in the ass

Peav

Grandmaster
yeah these are good ideas, the same few people get 200 + points everygame, yourself included, for simply running flags, it makes fighting almost pointless if you are only going for eventscore points, it would also be nice if they would finally get rid of the ability to polymorph pregame, i know most people have fixed the macroes to target them but its still a pain in the ass

Yeh i completely agree that im in the % of people gaining those points, thats why i want to make a system which will benefit every player and reward them for their team dedication.

Jager

Grandmaster
+1, I'd participate a lot more if it were like this. Some people are just better at defending and it's all part of a good ctf match, might as well get points for that.

Peav

Grandmaster
Alternative option.

During the process of placing everyone into the room in the screenshot there can be an alternative way to get everything even more balanced. When hitting up [battles and clicking queue up for CTF you will be needed to select the following.

- (F) Flagger - Person which dedicates all his game trying to run into the enemy team and get their flag and capture it by running over his own teams flag.
-
(M) Middleman - This is a person running a template which does both things. Helps out flaggers by rushing with them or defending the flag whenever the defenders struggles. (This role is very important since you have to make yourself decisions if your going offensive or defensive mode.)
- (W) Waller - A mage which casts wall of stones spells to stop the enemy coming into the base or simply slowing them down. Often used defensively in situations like "Flagger running out from enemy team and the waller throw down walls behind the flagger to wall their entrance to prevent them rushing in and taking the flag before them.
- (D) Defender - Defender is a person usually a dexxer or a mage focused only on taking the enemies down as fast as possible and preventing them by getting their flag. A role which really pays off because without defenders the flaggers wont capture the flag because the flag might not be there. Or without defenders the enemy team can create a camp and kill whoever spawns in the team if the defence is weak.

By choosing one of these you will select your role for the current CTF. This will avoid the problem with switching templates in game if a team lacks some roles because:
Players which will chose 1 out of 4 will be placed in cages. Each cage will put all the defenders,wallers,flaggers,middlemans separately so cage 1 will have only flaggers in them for example.

Picture. *The green Squares [___] symbolise a door.

eeVtnXM.jpg

*The Black line indicates a wall which divides the room into different cages as shown.

When the Queue's will be closed all those rooms will have players in them. Starting first the (D) cage will open the doors first and will allow all the defenders to join teams so if there will be 16 defenders they will join 1-1-1-1 teams and this will mean all the teams have the same amount of defenders on their team which is BALANCED. The same goes for the other cages. In the end each team will have equal amounts of people per role making it super balanced since you can't say "Oh we had no dexxer defenders only mages thats why we lost."

Tell me what you think about this idea. IMO this idea beats everything out there when considering teams being balanced. Waiting for feedbacks.

TooLong

Master
Alternative option.

During the process of placing everyone into the room in the screenshot there can be an alternative way to get everything even more balanced. When hitting up [battles and clicking queue up for CTF you will be needed to select the following.

- (F) Flagger - Person which dedicates all his game trying to run into the enemy team and get their flag and capture it by running over his own teams flag.
-
(M) Middleman - This is a person running a template which does both things. Helps out flaggers by rushing with them or defending the flag whenever the defenders struggles. (This role is very important since you have to make yourself decisions if your going offensive or defensive mode.)
- (W) Waller - A mage which casts wall of stones spells to stop the enemy coming into the base or simply slowing them down. Often used defensively in situations like "Flagger running out from enemy team and the waller throw down walls behind the flagger to wall their entrance to prevent them rushing in and taking the flag before them.
- (D) Defender - Defender is a person usually a dexxer or a mage focused only on taking the enemies down as fast as possible and preventing them by getting their flag. A role which really pays off because without defenders the flaggers wont capture the flag because the flag might not be there. Or without defenders the enemy team can create a camp and kill whoever spawns in the team if the defence is weak.

By choosing one of these you will select your role for the current CTF. This will avoid the problem with switching templates in game if a team lacks some roles because:
Players which will chose 1 out of 4 will be placed in cages. Each cage will put all the defenders,wallers,flaggers,middlemans separately so cage 1 will have only flaggers in them for example.

Picture. *The green Squares [___] symbolise a door.

eeVtnXM.jpg

*The Black line indicates a wall which divides the room into different cages as shown.

When the Queue's will be closed all those rooms will have players in them. Starting first the (D) cage will open the doors first and will allow all the defenders to join teams so if there will be 16 defenders they will join 1-1-1-1 teams and this will mean all the teams have the same amount of defenders on their team which is BALANCED. The same goes for the other cages. In the end each team will have equal amounts of people per role making it super balanced since you can't say "Oh we had no dexxer defenders only mages thats why we lost."

Tell me what you think about this idea. IMO this idea beats everything out there when considering teams being balanced. Waiting for feedbacks.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I love your ideas. I want to CTF. I do, but I don't because of the scoring mechanics. Kill stealing, team stacking, flag zergs etc. Your system would damn near fix all of that, and make it much more fun for the solo guy.

Said this in mIRC but might as well put it here. The point system is great but, the rest is kind of meh. I think that currently CTF's essentially run themselves what you are suggesting is basically a staff member has to be inside of the CTF at all times which, basically means they would prob need a new staff member just for CTF's. I def think the mechanics, map, and pts should be tweaked but I think in the end it should still be able to basically "run itself".

Peav

Grandmaster
Said this in mIRC but might as well put it here. The point system is great but, the rest is kind of meh. I think that currently CTF's essentially run themselves what you are suggesting is basically a staff member has to be inside of the CTF at all times which, basically means they would prob need a new staff member just for CTF's. I def think the mechanics, map, and pts should be tweaked but I think in the end it should still be able to basically "run itself".

Well it doesn't need to be staff hosted. Assuming we remove the cages thing we still could have options to join as dexxers or other roles and they will split us evenly among the teams. People than will finally work out that stacking is not worth it because you can get points in every team with that system and therefore they wont quit/join the game to come up with best teams. I just thought the roles would bring more balanced when it comes to building a team and playing as a team because sometimes your left with no defenders or archers which i think is the worst template of all time.

Pts system is good on here balances a lot.
AFK detection could be coded in, I assume, to boot if they stand still for x amt of time doesn't require a staffer to be there.
Multi-clienting, I don't even think is a problem if the pt system gets changed unless someone has an some good ctf script running on alt.
Players ability to join CTF at all times currently I like, don't think staff should need to put those players in since they already can join mid game. Waiting room already exists and can be changed with the new CTF map(s). Teeth walls like old DFI system is optimal in middle of hall ways. Joining a team is already random based off of team numbers.
All supplies should prob be CTF supplied to lvl playing field for all. Being able to use your own [template at any time is nice currently. Sure you should try to talk to team and decide who wants to be what but in the end people do what they want to do. Only in the organized league will people set roles and be strict about it.
Hiding/stealth allowed with the map change depending on the map. It would be OP on certain maps such as the current one.

Peav

Grandmaster
Pts system is good on here balances a lot.
AFK detection could be coded in, I assume, to boot if they stand still for x amt of time doesn't require a staffer to be there.
Multi-clienting, I don't even think is a problem if the pt system gets changed unless someone has an some good ctf script running on alt.
Players ability to join CTF at all times currently I like, don't think staff should need to put those players in since they already can join mid game. Waiting room already exists and can be changed with the new CTF map(s). Teeth walls like old DFI system is optimal in middle of hall ways. Joining a team is already random based off of team numbers.
All supplies should prob be CTF supplied to lvl playing field for all. Being able to use your own [template at any time is nice currently. Sure you should try to talk to team and decide who wants to be what but in the end people do what they want to do. Only in the organized league will people set roles and be strict about it.
Hiding/stealth allowed with the map change depending on the map. It would be OP on certain maps such as the current one.

You dont even know how much i dream about those being implemented. I cry every time i play CTF if they are not there.

Saturn

Grandmaster
IMO i dont think a normal CTF like we have right now should be worth any event points.
I think event points should only come into play when the CTF league arrives.
This CTF should be for fun and practice for league where you can legit earn points, your not stuck on a team where no1 knows what they are doing, running around with plate armor a kiteshield and warfork.

Also this old old old school DFI map i think needs a major upgrade.

League soon plz <3

Peav

Grandmaster
ETP2sFp.png

Wall maze suggestion was successful ! hope this suggestions here about scoring system will make it past too !