New Murder System & the Sea

Change the Murder System on the Sea

• Total voters
I posted this in the new murder system change thread and suggestion idea thread. I think that it deserves more attention and consideration. The changes of perma red could be devastating to fisherman.
I believe that someone should speak up for the naval community.. so I'll give it a shot. I think that at sea, murder counts should not be able to be given out. - or something- There are a few reasons for this.
A: A fisherman defending himself against a boat with one red and multiple blues(on board) could be given many counts all at once. (cannon volley's are area of effect so by striking this could flag that fisherman to any amount of blues that could be aboard - hidden or not.
B:With cannon volley aoe damage being the way it is, accidently flagging onto another person's ship (where many blues could be) is very easy. In fact the cannon accuracy actually does it on its own even while being careful - my friends hit me by mistake all the time.
C:There is not too many people out on the sea, how about some incentive to get out their and destroy each other consequence free ?
I will admit that I pirate occasionally, murder blues and burn the counts off.

In conclusion accidentally going into perma red status would be far too easy out there on the high sea's making even defending oneself not even worth it. I mean ... who wants a perma red fisher right ?

Young Star

Grandmaster
Should make everyone on deck red as long as a murderer is being harbored aboard the vessel. If someone on board goes grey the whole crew does as well.

AoE damage from cannons should work like purple pots and not damage other blues.

Sommerella

Master
My fisherman is 120 and red. I do mibs red. I do whirlpools/raid whirlpools red. I like being a red pirate, and I use only one character on my ship. Most if not all of the other "pirates" don't stat/ turn in heads. We all use the honor system.

I agree you shouldn't have to go red if you're defending yourself.

Jace Belerin

Apprentice
My biggest issue is the length of time allowed to report, the afk scripters being allowed to report 8 hours after they've been killed.