New Player Ethereal Mount Giveaway!!!!

Messremb

Grandmaster
Hello Everyone!!!!

I want to give away some ethereal mounts to new players, and thought it would be cool to turn it into a little contest.

I have 3 Ethereal Llamas i will be awarding to the winners of the contest and some smaller prizes for all entries.

Requirements:
Be a Young player at the time of entry (the lovely @JennaL has agreed to help me confirm that all contestants were young at the time they entered)

How to Enter:
Post here including
  • in game Character name
  • a little about yourself and your UO experience
  • a short story about your beginnings here on UOF
I will judge the stories, mostly what i'm looking for are stories that make me nostalgic for that fresh start on a UO server, but have fun with it. What i do not want to see are stories complaining or whining so lets keep those out. i will give you an example at the end of this post.

I will pick the winners on July 2nd.

so if i was to enter i would say:

Char name: Messremb

I started playing UO late in 98 on Sanoma played for about 5 or 6 years until 2004 when i thought i had given it up for good, until i found UOF in 2014. now i'm a UO addict again

my favorite moment from returning to UO was pretty funny. i had been having a very rough start as i lost my young status after only 4 hours. so i decided to farm shame as it was the dungeon i remembered most. I was too poor for a rune book or spell book so i was running all the way there from brit bank, and i had a hell of a time with it. i was getting PKed every 5 min and really had a tough start. then a PK came in and he had PKed me 2 or 3 times already at this point. when he came running on screen, my sarcastic side took over and rather than run or fight as i had the times before i just started bowing at him, saying i wasn't worthy. he actually stopped and didn't kill me, after a short conversation where we talked about how new i was he threw a pile of gold at my feet and ran off. i went back to my desperate struggle with the earth elements when a few minutes later he came back around and dropped all the loot he had taken from other players at my feet. i took the loot and headed for the exit to run my way back to brit with my new found wealth (like 7k). as i left the dungeon another PK recalled in and proceeded to run me down kill me and dry loot me. i remember being so mad, and then i laughed at myself for letting a game get me so upset. that's why i play UO cause no other game ever made me feel like that. win or lose its always a ride.

I hope to read some fun Stories!!!

Good Luck everyone and Have Fun!!!

stunoma.

Grandmaster
I was actually looking forward to reading some of these. No noobs want ethys? Da fuq

I actually had a similar story. Played Sonoma around the same time chars (MANGOLOID, Goldylox, and I can't remember my other chars lol) I played until powerscrolls and AOS came. After OSI I hopped around different UOGATEWAY servers looking for pvp. After a long break I found myself playing on DFI. I played there and a bit of uoforever. After those servers either died out or got boring I found this server. Been here since.

Hmm favorite memory is probably when Me and Brooklyn fighting a giant Zerg of factioners in shame. We just kept marathoning it. Walling/stooling people. Nothing better than 2 people killing 6 and tasting their tears. Also a lot of good memories with Wuwei . First version of Kings. Us just killing everyone

Goodtimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aIck

Grandmaster
helou im aIck

im a alchoholist bum from Finland and all my moni goes to beer an booze so i casn't aford ethy so i ned one. Finnish people make good music but its very depressing most of times in here because nothin to do but drinks. good thing we export quality memes to keep our finances floatening
^ basic day in Winland

i started UO in maybe 2008 or 2009 and then i becames pixel crack addict in finnish LARPing shard and life went downhils ever since because i ned pixlel

on UO Forever i started probabley the same month it was up and got pk by eq ms and it was unplesant they want my moni 4 join but all my moni goes for pixlel crack things and now also beer and booze because i became alchocholic addict after drinking my first ber so i cants aford so i ned ethey 4 sell so i can join eq ms and not be kill anymore

pls gube ethi psl

Xiulan

Master
Does the Young need to be your first or only character? I'm new to the game (and gaming in general), but I've been playing for a few weeks so I don't have Young status anymore... thinking about making a new character though cuz I messed up with my first one.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You get 3 accounts as long as one is young you are good, just put your young char name.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Xiulan

Master
Okay! My young is named Rill.

I first played UO for a short time right after it came out. The friend who got me into it had found a way to make jerky out of humans and quickly earned herself a nefarious label, whereas I did nothing but roam the countryside picking up random objects, trailed by a menagerie of small creatures I had tamed and was constantly trying to keep happy and fed. Surprisingly I didn't get killed all that often, maybe because I looked too pathetic to bother with. One of the few times I did get attacked (by a guy who had installed a throne at a crossroads, declared himself 'King of the Road' and was trying to charge a toll) a mage came running up hurling fireballs to fend him off, saying "you leave little bo peep alone!" So, right off the bat I got a snapshot of the mix of avarice and altruism that makes this game so interesting.

This time around, on UOF, on my first day I didn't even know how to walk. I was slowly zigzagging through Brit using the arrow keys while all these red names were zooming by. Unsure of what to do, I went into the mage store, sat in a chair and pretended to be a NPC while I considered whether this gaming thing was really for me. But then I met another new player who taught me the basics that a more experienced player had taught him, and we fought our way through the young dungeon together, splitting the loot -- and I was hooked.

I know it won't always be hugs and kittens here (and wouldn't be very fun if it was) but I've been impressed by all the support for new players I've seen. I heard this one guy complaining about people coddling noobs... but when I lost everything through a stupid mistake on my part, that guy hooked me up.

And then there was the day I got PK'd at the mall::http://www.uoforum.com/threads/funny-shit.82056/

LandoFleet

Apprentice
Hi I am definitively in it!

I played UO for my first time about 15 years ago. When I started I had no idea what it is all about and even today I don't really know what let me sign up to OSI paying roughly 10 bucks per month as a school boy with almost no money. But I did. First few days were so confusing I literally had no idea what I was doing. Just picking up EVERYTHING that someone dropped in britian and tried to sell it to NPCs. Finally I started to talk to the people and asked how to earn money in this game. One generous guy gave me a katana, showed me the GY north of britian and told me to kill zombies and skeleton to earn money. After killing my first monsters and looting some money I felt like King who going to be bad ass rich very soon. Some days later I started to be very depressed, because I got killed quite often progress was slow and I had no idea what skills a warrioir really would need. At that point a game changer appeared. We started a conversation right at the gates of GY. I told him I wanna be warrior but didn't progress a lot the last days. He invited me to his marble workshop somewhere south of Moonglow. He told which skills I have to take and he showed me what was "THE WALL". I am not sure if everbody named it that way, but that's what he told me. It was in a dungeon (I believe it was deceit) and a lot of players build up a Wall infront of a room spawning monsters. All the tanks made the first row and a lot of mages and healers stood behind. I spent days and weeks in the second and healing other players. In these days I had no idea of macros or razor, so I clicked every damn single bandage to heal someone of the first row. The gains on OSI were so incredebly slow but I somehow managed to GM 4 or 5 skills with my tank.
The huge problem at this time was, there were no fucking internet flatrates! We had to pay for every minute we were online. After the bill came my mom went totally crazy but somehow I calmed her down. But things got worse, I got so hardcore addicted that I tricked my mom every single night, prentending to go to bed and the moment I heard my mom going to bed I stood up let the light out and played for hours UO at night, totally fucked up the next day. It didn't take too long that my mom realized what was going on. I remember one night, I had the crazy idea to start a tamer and was so keen on taming my own horse. I dunno why but at that time it was really hard to find a wild horse out there! At least it was for me. After 2 hours running around, again a nice guy came up and told me he will show me spot where horses spawn. Even then it took quite a while to find one. The moment we found a wild horse (1 or 2 am) my mom came in and told me to shut down the PC and go to bed. I explained her almost crying that I searched for this horse several hours and this guy next to me is some real person out there and also spent quite a lot of time to help and if I log out now everything was for nothing. And she really sat down next me, waited until I tamed that fucked up horse and waited for me to go to bed. But then the next bills for internet came which where several hundred bucks and every little understanding of mom was finally gone, comepletely!! I had no choice and had to quit and shut down my account... made me very said.

About 3 weeks ago, I opend youtube and I have no clue why, but it showed me some random UO video. I couldn't turn off I watched about 2-3 hours straight some weird UO videos on youtube. I instantly got addicted again without even playing. The same night I started to do research if OSI is still online and if it is free now. After realizing that it still costs quite a lot and started my research for freeshard. I visited at least 5 websites of different freeshards and came to the conclusion that a lot of freeshard shut down after a few months but UOF is running for quite a long time. A decision was made and I started to play here. To be honest it was really tough to start again. Once again I was quite clueless what and how to do. I then turned to the forums and found the Bard Dexxer guide which was so helpful to simply start here. people here a quite generous and really try to help in most situations. I really enjoy playing here and still have a lot to discover. I am really eager to try different chars and having fun on this server.

Winning an ethereal here would be such great thing! This event shows again how generous people are here to young players!

Just for the record my in game name is: Vincent Valborg

Hoping it wasn't too long and my english not to bad!

Thanks for reading.

Hello, I m Yuka, I start my UO in like 2000, I played some servers but I could not stay long , this is because those server cannot provide good management and so I left, I started playing UO AOS, but I changed to UOR, now I love UOF because it is fun and the management here is very good, I like the battleship system, and later we will have new map, thank you everyone.
I wish I can stay here and enjoy the game, I met some good ppl here, and I like the pvp system here, no bolas and no extra ps which balance the pvp system, The pks here are good too, they can pvp well and the ''chopping head '' stat system is cool, I like it, thank you so much

Desi

Grandmaster
Bump.
A couple of young players are still awaiting their forum privileges:
  • Lucy Of Britain
  • Galthram
I can't wait to read their stories posted here.

tribes10

Journeyman
Hi everyone,

I am a new player in UOF but started playing UO in 1998, which still using 56K modem or the first ADSL in Hong Kong, cannot remember at all, I played for about 2 - 3 yeas and I give it up because for my examination.

I start again UO in one famous hong kong server for 4 years until it closed, a couple of days ago I found UOF by searching the keywords in google and start my UO journey again

My char name is : NinjaKee (I believed that I can use the skills here at the very beginning)

I enjoy every moment in UO, like searching the house by checking the house tag, farming and recall while red shows up, saving money to build the first house, bookmark the rune for rare creature (like color NM, White Wyrm etc.)

I love to tame different creatures and build up my own zoo collection in the house, collect the rare ore (in HK server or some other servers they have black ore, blood ore, AQ ore etc) make myself a set of armor for dress up in the bank. I can spend my whole day in fishing, mining and tame. Actually, I hate gold farming but .... I cannot live without gold for buying things...so ....haha

This few days in UOF, I am practicing my skills on running away from the red, mining and meeting some great guys here, one of the man saw i am lost in the outside, he open the gate for me to back to the bank, gave me money for buy a ring of forgiveness, tell me how to use it, it is very details and helpful to a new player

Since I am very new here and i do not know that [Young] title will gone once reach 600 skills or 700 skills by all three characters, i created three characters and buying skills, i lost my [Young] title in just few hours.....it is a funny experience for me in UOF

One of the unforgettable moment was I met my first girlfriend in the UO Server (located in Hong Kong), I met her while building up my own guild, met her in real during the guild gathering.

For me UO is not just a game, is part of my memories, life and much more ...

I hope UOF can provide the joy I had before

Lucy

Hello people. Its pretty nice to meet you : )
My in-game name is Lucy Of Britain and I have so many awesome memories from Ultima Online.
My first steps in UO were about 9 or 10 years ago on a private Bulgarian server called Memoriam. The player base was ~30 people, but there was an admin online who was making custom events like killing some boss creature, find some hidden objectives and many others all the time and having awesome custom rewards for that. I had no idea what a macro is. I was sure that I have play hard to be strong, to get my skills high and to be capable of fighting. There was a guild called ILS[In League of Satan] which were the most badass players around, all with 7x100 skills, decent items and good knowledge of the game mechanics. But they weren't player killers, only their leader and we could rarely see him and him overpowered poisoning dexxer with custom made artifact rewards(there was no item insurance, but the server was AoS).
So we decided that we are strong enough to fight (when were at 80-90 magery/necromancery :D ) and joined a guild called The Templars(or smtn like this), that was in was with ILS. I will never forget the first fight we had there. 4 of us sitting hidden at Britain Bank, when we see 4 or 5 members of ILS approaching us leaded by their glorious leader Nozdromu. We atacked him on sight, and then for some reason he accidentally dismounted(nobody had an ethernal back there). The fun thing to follow was that his guildmate which was close to him somehow attacked the horse instead of me and he just got wiped by the town guards, leaving Nozdromu 1vs4 by the time his guildmates come and he just died. Sadly then many other of his members came to the rescue and killed us, but it was amazing :D For few moments we had his artifacts (like +50 hp necklance, cloak with resists and some other powerful artifacts).

Sadly Memories lived no more than few months after we joined it, so we decided that our next destination is Defiance (AoS).
Many people would remember my heroes back there, first one called
Lucy (Then Hatred after becoming a PK) and Blaze of Death(Then Death after becoming a PK). With real life friends and some of the top members of the satan's league, we brought our forces into Defiance to become one of the most powerful PvP guilds there, feared by a lot.
Most of us managed to reach bank accounts of more than few millions by only killing people. Of course when we became strong enough, we wouldn't kill a poor tamer or a PvE guy without a reason, we had enough enemies. Sadly we became a huge force in the server and most of the people would always try to avoid us, sitting in guard zone or their houses when we are grouped and only trying to 1v3, 1v5, 1v10 against us(which was lost by them in many of the fights). There are a lot of awesome stories in the game that I will never forget, but lets not make my post too long, might be painful to read it in that level of English, so I'll only give you my favorite one.
Someone summoner the Harrower (the final boss that gives stat scrolls for reward) and for some reason everybody in the server was fighting it together. There were like 200-300 people and even player killers that are only attacking harrower and not fighting each other at all. It spawned in a cave around Covetous if i remember correctly, but not so sure. So, it was our time to shine. 5 of us (2 necro mages, including me and Galthran and 3 more mage or mage/warriors) decided to fight everybody. We took a position where we could kill everybody that is entering the boss room from behind us, where we can attack the boss and our main goal was to kill every player that steps in our range. And so we did. About hundred players tried to enter behind us 1 by 1 , ending trapped by an energy field, eating 5x flamestrike for an instant death and never tried to come back. In the end of that glorious event, we got like 10 of the stat scrolls, 1x25 2x20 and we would expect those 200-300 guys to just turn and kill us as we are outnumbered so heavily, they just started to run. And we were on the chase. We killed a lot and few of them carried stat scroll too. So in the end, 5 player killers ended with ~15 stat scrolls and +no less than 100k gold from insurance of players killed each.

I joined UO Forever a week ago and It brings so many good memories, met few awesome people already and I want to keep playing here for sure. And my horses die way too much from hungry dragons.. An ethy would help a lot :D

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato
potato.jpg

Galth

Neophyte
Hey everyone!

It's a privilege to be part of such a great community!
All you guys have been so nice and friendly to me for the past week that at some point I even started asking myself what the heck did I do to deserve such kindness :)

Now let me introduce myself.
My name is Marin and Im from eastern Europe (Bulgaria).
In game: Galthran

I started playing UO 10 years ago in a small home-hosted shard called Memoriam. Back in those days, I was getting really tired of playing Diablo 2 and I just wanted to try something new for a start. I still can't make sense of how on earth has UO gotten onto my game radar. I was browsing some game forums when I stumbled upon a user there that claimed that UO was the greatest game ever made, let alone the greatest MMO. So I decided to give it a try. And boy, was he right about it..

That is how I got into UO and Memoriam.
Memoriam was a shard that was very fond of role playing and very anti-macro. It was something about the atmosphere, the way the game made me feel - sort of like being part of a "Lord of the rings"-like universe :).
That is what I loved about this game. The epic music that you hear when you enter battle or the cheerful sounds in front of WBB. The mystic world, full of adventures or the thousand different paths that you can take towards developing your character. All that freedom in the UO universe which basically allowed one to play his character in a way that expresses his inner personality. Simply perfect.

Unfortunatelly, my Memoriam days were put to an end when the maintainers of the shard decided to finally shut it down due to a lack of player base. In its ending days, there were like 6-7 players that were activelly playing (including me).
So I moved to Defiance AoS.
It was the best time! There, I learnt all about PvP and for the first time I felt the joy of murdering innocent BLUES (as I said, I really like how one can express his inner personallity through his in game character :D)
I remember that I used to train my mage skills dueling my guild buddies day in night. I improved with every single day and it wasn't far until I became one of the most fearsome PKrs in the shard. Oh god, did I liked it. :)
Me and my buddies (Lucy and friends), were killing it. One time, we spotted that The Harrower is spawned and we (like 5 people) literally annihilated 50+ players in an epic battle for The Harrower's treasures. We got at least 80% of the loot. It was my single best memory of UO in my entire life :)

Eventually, Defiance AoS died and with it - my UO days were put to an end. But my attachment to that game is immortal. I still listen to this epic sound track every now and then:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRhq8bc-58
:)

Last week, when I accidently stumbled upon UOF, I couldn't believe that there is a live shard with an active community still playing. It seemed like a miracle. So I installed UO right away and joined the fun. Ever since, each time I log in and start playing I'm having de ja vus about the fun moments and experiences that this game has brought me through the years.

So that's my story guys. I can't even explain how many incredible memories did the writing of this story itself has brought me. So it was totally worth sharing this with you, at least for me. Hope you enjoyed it at least as much as I did!

Best regards,
Marin

Messremb

Grandmaster
@Xiulan @LandoFleet @Standard Ticket @tribes10 @Lucy

cause i liked all your entries so much i decided to give all 5 of you an Ethy Llama. Please PM me when you are available to pick them up.

@LandoFleet because i liked your post the most im throwing in a little something extra for you.

@aIck i have some tissues for your issues for you. PM me to pick them up.

@stunoma. i got a rare white horse just waiting for you to kill it, (first thing i remember about you was a post where you killed a rare white horse. lawl) also im going to start a petition to get "i have" his old char name back. :p

Messremb

Grandmaster
@Galth also entered but his post isnt showing up yet, he too gets an Ethy.

PM me to pick them up.

Thanks everyone, was a lot of fun.

LandoFleet

Apprentice
I wanna thank Messremb a lot for this event and his prizes given out to me and the others! Was fun to participate and read the other stories!!

Great community here on UOF!