New Player Quests

Kapanen

Apprentice
I looked briefly and havent found anything. We are encouraged to try the new player quests, but as far as I know the Dragon quest with the glass sword and the Restless Soul guy are the only two new player quests. Is this correct? Or are there others? Before my young player status ends!

UglyDave

Neophyte
So does the 'kill the dragon with the glass sword quest' actually go anywhere after getting the glass sword ?
I'm new to UO and there doesn't seem to be much info on this quest so I'm not sure it's not busted or if I'm just missing something.

UglyDave

Neophyte
Not sure how the quest started, but there was quite a bit of talking to Thanus the 'town' sage' in the Britain Royal Library. It involves buying your first horse and buying as sword, and in the end he makes a glass sword and directs you to kill an Ancient Dragon with it. I'm just not sure where the dragon is and if the quest even works from this point on.

Anyone have any ideas ?

The quest tracker points both to a spot in the Young Dungeon and above ground way north of Britain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I believe its supposed to be at the end of the young dungeon is it not? Didnt exist when I was Young but that would be my thought.

UglyDave

Neophyte
Yes, today we found the dragon in the young dungeon. It only is visible for the player concerned, and another player might have the dragon it's seeking around a corridor or something.
It does give a reward, some gold, gems and one of us got a minor magic weapon.
Thanks for the help good citizens of Britannia.

Lethal_Squ1rtz

Neophyte
I took the opportunity to play this newbie quest adventure. After Killing the dragon... which took only seconds compared to the mobs I pushed through to get to the red drake... I received 1k+ in gold pieces and several different jewelry stones that I lost by not being able to pick it up due to the mobs that swarmed me after. My fault for not clearing out the room. I was too heavy with the gold and other loot from those previous mobs. There was a quick celebration noise from the death of the drake... but whats next? The wisp continues to follow me as I am still in newbie hours, and or not at the skill level needed to disband the young status... yer there is no end to this quest, it just keeps pointing back to the same steps location to fight the dragon. It needs work, perhaps an update. Maybe instead of losing the glass enchanted sword, u must return it to the old man that made it for you. Having no ending and constant icon pointing to the room you already cleared is a big error.

Lethal_Squ1rtz

Neophyte
NOTE: Simple cheat to get to the drake fast.... run through the maze dungeon in ghost form, have the wisp res you in the corner of the room where the drake is... attack the drake with the enchanted sword... and grab yer loot, then have the wisp teleport you to the bank. Poof, end of the quest. Might be a little more to it, but you get the idea.

jixxers

Novice
I killed the dragon with the glass sword but the quest is not updating. the arrow is pointing me back to the dragon, when i go back he's not there. I dont have the glass sword anymore.
Wisp is not giving me my next step
someone help please

Kinja Kahn

Neophyte
The quest is bugged. It never ended after killing the dragon. Always had a next objective arrow pointing me to where i killed the dragon.