1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notoriety changes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes Archive' started by Blair, Sep 27, 2015.

1. thestand

thestand Grandmaster

Aug 23, 2013
    I get 1v1 almost every time I go to the no cut zone. Sometimes it can be tough going but that's expected. Not sure what you mean about honorable though... I use pots.

2 people like this.
  2. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    there's nothing dishonorable about pots really, unless it's a specified field 5x. field 1v1 is 7x on UOR servers primarily. Honorable just means without call-ins and not going for the kill if the opponent is low and gets attacked by passerby.

Mind you field 1v1s have always been a little far and few between even before the listed changes, just nowadays it's harder to find players who are even willing to go across the bridge without some form of blue zerg at the ready because zerging is being promoted by all the recent changes, and eqms/MALES have no class.

3. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Grandmaster

May 2, 2013

4. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    The difference between SS and eqms is that SS could stand still and watch Tom and Aga have a field 1v1 and not jump in, whereas eqms will always attack anything that comes on screen, regardless of the situation, because they recruit for a fee instead of based on talent, and lack leadership.

5. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Grandmaster

May 2, 2013
    You sound really upset #affected

p.s.

What's SS? Some guild that fell apart when house hiding got nerfed?

4 people like this.
  6. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013

7. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    Funny since I'm the least #affected by any of the changes. To be honest the reason SS ''fell apart'' as you say is because I voluntarily cleared the friends list via a house transfer and then went to work for 2 months, as you already know. That and our chief officer Tom the Immortal was banned for being toxic, which is at least justified because he broke the rules. In many ways it's a tragic loss for everyone and the field in general.

If anyone's affected here it's you, the way you're grasping at straws. Lucky for you that a MALES member became PvP manager on this server, so we don't have to read page after page of you crying for changes because you can't adapt.

2 people like this.
  8. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Grandmaster

May 2, 2013
    Your guild disbanded because not being able to adapt to changes...

"oh no, we couldnt get refriended to a house... lets disband" -SS member

2 people like this.
  9. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    Im sure you're speaking purely out of fear, knowing that recent developments will surely be your downfall in the no cut zone. Let's hope for your sake that the only PK change we see is this ridiculous notoriety change, because if perma stat hits this shard your cowardly guild won't dare set foot outside the no cut zone, and you won't be having a very fun time within it either.

10. lollo

lollo Grandmaster

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    You house hide 1v1 all the time ***** please

11. Tard the Paladin

Tard the Paladin Grandmaster

Jan 18, 2015
    Tard the Paladin
    I'm trying hard to see your perspective. Proposed developments if anything prevent the $ method of griefing. Dropping on pets, taking counts on blues, etc.

I can see where limiting recalls for blues with counts could actually give reds an upper hand as their victims can't escape. Now that is a valid point. If its implemented with the other anti-blue griefing measures then no-recall is probably a benefit for blues as a whole. That's my guess.

There are bound to be some drawbacks. I think you mentioned that blues have a limited number of kills for a reason. One such reason that will still exist would be blues pulling mobs onto other blues. This is great fun and blues do try to take counts on me when I do it.

On the flip side of that, I also blue pk people on my mage if I am trying to farm with Tard and other blues get in my area. Limiting recall in this scenario is a plus for blues.

I guess certain implementations will always have some drawbacks and its best to just figure out what gives the best benefit as a whole.

12. CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA Grandmaster

Jan 30, 2015
    CAPTUN AUSTRALIA
    These new changes make it so as a red i can't go in a gate criminal?

R E T A R D E D

I ain't got time to sit around!

*EDIT* - mmm i can go in crim if they're dead, but if someone has attacked me i can't - looks like another change that helps massive zergs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
    2 people like this.
  13. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Grandmaster

May 2, 2013
    You should definitely always be allowed to go through a gate unless you have flagged on a factioner as the aggressor... as it is now, if you have 1 count and are in a dungeon, you cannot leave the dungeon.

Getting a gate out adds to the excitement of the chase and one simple an grav can eliminates someones dying hope of surviving -- it worked well on uoforever and it would work well here.

14. Tard the Paladin

Tard the Paladin Grandmaster

Jan 18, 2015
    Tard the Paladin
    I see your point. However, there will always be a benefit to being in a group whether you are red or blue. The changes DO help blues on the whole though. If a group of blues goes after a group of reds then it still holds true that reds are going to be at a disadvantage.

15. TECHN9NEUOF

TECHN9NEUOF Grandmaster

Oct 19, 2014
    Techn9ne - Shahzam - Riptix -
    The long flee timer is fucking gay

I literally almost pissed and shit in my pants waiting to recall out.

8 people like this.
  16. Young Star

Young Star Grandmaster

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    Sure slows down reds hopping through dungeons and other hot spots looking for victims.

17. Memphist

Memphist Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2013
    great changes

2 people like this.
  18. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    There's just more to it than that. What this change brings is toxic behaviour.

Here's one circumstance. You're playing the game, listening to your favorite song, trying to unwind after a hard days work, and all the sudden, you run into a griefer.

This person loots your kills and hides, snoops you and blows your pouches, pulls mobs on you just before you kill that paragon, and then starts calling you names, insulting your family and swearing at you. You decide to leave, but then soon realize that this player is die hard, you see, he's been bred to be this way because the server promotes zergs, rezkilling and griefing. He knows where your house is, where you've been farming, and how to get under your skin.

Finally, you realize that the only way to make this guy buzz off is to attack him, and show him that you have some courage. In the back of your mind, you really feel like he's just trying to get you to do some PvP. He takes a bit of damage and runs away as fast as he can. You lose him, and soon realize that he has killed himself and given you a murder count.

Now you think it's all good, he's gone. You go back to farming. Little do you realize that now you're totally unable to recall if you get attacked. This fact is little known because the change was implemented stealth-style overnight with no in-game warning of any kind. It's a 24 hour timeout for you now, your character has to be online the entire day for the murder count to go away. If you're only logging on 1 or 2 hours a day, then that's like two weeks of misery.

I know, this seems a little dramatic maybe? When the same change happened on uoforever, it seemed to be working at first. But because of the similar mechanics there to what we have here today, people will begin to get more and more angsty because they are addicted to UO, since it's really the perfect game, and won't just log off. Eventually it turns into the same sespool that uoforever became, guilds of 20-30 cheating players ruining the experience for the small guy, the lifes blood of the server. And everyone who isn't in the guild gets bent.

To me, knowing how all this stuff ends up working, it doesn't paint a pretty picture looking forward. But I will still do my best to promote healthier mechanics and healthier implementation of them for all the players that are enjoying building their legacies here, while maintaining a certain level of maturity and respect for other players instead of calling them retards or idiots etc like so many of these pretend veterans continue to do and get away with on a daily basis.

2 people like this.
  19. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Grandmaster

May 2, 2013
    If he loots your kills, he go goes grey and you can kill him.
    If you cant handle name calling in UO and resort to killing someone over it, your emotions put you in a spot where you will have some consequences.

As for you promoting healthy mechanics, @LOLLOLLOL just told the story of how you were involved with duping/scamming of donation vendor items... nice try buddy, you cant escape the reputation you have on here for being scum so easily.

2 people like this.
  20. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Grandmaster

May 2, 2013
    If you attack and kill someone because theyre talking shit to you you deserve the murder count and associated consequences.

Alternatively, if anyone is having an issue where a blue is griefing them incessantly, just PM me on irc(gluttsds) and EQMS will teach the blue griefer a lesson.