Nox Relic

Suikoden

Expert
Thoughts on the Nox relic having the ability like 5% chance to apply its poison to poison immune higher level mobs? I just feel most of the higher mobs I kill that nox literally does nothing to them. Or perhaps a small trade off that to immune mobs take a poison blast damage instead of applied poison and those that can be poisoned only have the poison applied with no poison blast damage? Thoughts?

ee am Dat

Adept
My thought! I have lvl 10 infected wounds and am VERY close to destroying it and adding a phase shift. Honestly wouldnt even bother adding it to my tali at lvl 10. Its makes more sense to sell it for 700-800k. I'd be interested in a damage over time type. Or even cause a weakened state.. slowing the monster and maybe lowering its armor rating.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
@ee am Dat I believe that @Suikoden is talking about the Meta Dragon Nox relic, not the Zerk Infected Wounds.

I have been saying for a long time that the Nox relic needs a buff...it is the slowest to level and does absolutely nothing in the long run. I put it on first cause I was poor, and have sense seen a Molten and a QS surpass it beyond belief. I have another Meta that was acquired with a high level Nox and once again, QS far surpassed it.

Not being able to poison most mobs isn't fair, and then on mobs it can poison that are casters, they just cure themselves instantly. The AoE affect is cool, but not very useful like Molten.

Suikoden

Expert
Right in mean meta are fricken strong don't get me wrong. It just sucks that also many end level creatures are immune. That is why i suggested initial poison nova damage. But that is basically like two molten. I more like the idea that higher level relic has a % chance to poison unpoisonable targets. A low chance but a chance non the less. And maybe a level lower poison to account for the fact they are essentially immune by normal standards

Suikoden

Expert
It just seems for some of that endgame stuff it doesn't do anything and is just a cool animation due to the immunity

Janesworld

Apprentice
Thoughts on the Nox relic having the ability like 5% chance to apply its poison to poison immune higher level mobs? I just feel most of the higher mobs I kill that nox literally does nothing to them. Or perhaps a small trade off that to immune mobs take a poison blast damage instead of applied poison and those that can be poisoned only have the poison applied with no poison blast damage? Thoughts?

We have been asking for this since it was introduced and we all realized it was useless after working it up.

@eppy has been given tons of suggestions to make this relic work. Could of made it into a bleed attack like the old war forks but I think that idea was used for a relic on the shadow talisman.

Could you just switch it to work how the box relic on meta pets works. So that nothing is invulnerable, would most likely see a bit more variety if people knew having 100 poison would actually help poison mobs and do any type of dog. Bc as it stands now the box relic is for show. Anything that can actually be poisoned and procs the relic dies before 1 tick of poison goes off. It's been 3 years with this unfinished relic.

Please allow it to be used as it was intended. And I highly doubt it was intended to be leveled up to 10, so that it could not be used on anything worth killing. EVERYTHING IS IMMUNE, please help! @Shane @eppy

Janesworld

Apprentice

How bout 50% total / 5% per level, relic is crap and the reasoning I've heard for not reworking it. Is that the beserker template dmg output is too "op" and it doesn't need any buffs.

@eppy please do something with this relic which isn't being utilized as you intended. I've heard you say that it wasn't suppose to not be used on the majority of the mobs.

Suikoden

Expert
Hmm see I was referencing the meta dragon relic not the zerker one. I mean as I suggested I would find it cool if the nox explosion gave a 5-10% chance of poisoning the unpoisonable. And maybe a harder time for mobs to cure it. As any magic casters it seems Insta cure

The End

Master
Why not make it spew poison blood pools like the spiders in spider cave do so that when your fighting a group of creatures it spews random piles around after the initial poison explosion.

Chediak

Adept
A bit off topic, but how about the rogue talisman's "ruthless" relic? It benefits from the same poison status of mobs, and (so I've been told) is not very useful unless you travel along behind someone with a meta spider....

Janesworld

Apprentice
Hmm see I was referencing the meta dragon relic not the zerker one. I mean as I suggested I would find it cool if the nox explosion gave a 5-10% chance of poisoning the unpoisonable. And maybe a harder time for mobs to cure it. As any magic casters it seems Insta cure

I'm sorry I didn't mean to derail your thread.