Official Ship Licensing Now Available!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
The Vesper Commerce Commission is proud to announce that its licensing program has officially launched! Let it be known that all waters are hereby claimed as private assets by the naval authority of the Vesper Commerce Commission. Any ships found at sea unlicensed or improperly registered with the Commission are subject to engagement, whereupon any goods will be seized as contraband while affected parties may suffer fines, injury or even death!

In order to be licensed, a ship and her crew must be in good standing with the Vesper Commerce Commission. In addition, a weekly fee of 75,000 gold or a monthly payment of 225,000 gold (if paid as a lump sum) must be paid to the Commission in order to maintain shipping, wrecking and fishing activities. Please note this is a private license for business related enterprises, not a letter of marque; the Commission does not grant ships the rights to act upon other vessels in its name.
This license hereby grants the bearer, master and commander of the duly named ship, the express permission to sail upon the waters owned and operated by the Vesper Commerce Commission, enforced through its sanctioned privateers by letter of marque, and hereby protected by its corps at sea should ever the need arise. The licensee described herein may, at their discretion, call upon available naval assets of the company in the unforeseen circumstances of being attacked by pirates or harassed by unlicensed seafarers.

By order of the Commission and its Consulate, this license may be revoked at any time for any reason, including but not limited to the following: attacking the Commission and its membership; aiding and abetting enemies of the Commission; abusing the license's protection by protecting unlicensed or otherwise illegal acts of seafaring; negative and counterproductive conduct against the Commission or her allies; unregulated acts of piracy.

The Commission hereby establishes the bearer of this license with all the protection and rights to pursue their enterprises at sea under the vigilant gaze and righteous rule of the Vesper Commerce Commission and its stalwart operators.
Contact a member of the Vesper Commerce Commission today for more information on how YOU can become legal and protected on the high seas!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Reputable citizens and sailors are doing their part to get licensed and legally registering their ships with the Vesper Commerce Commission!

Kn3zrOQ7Lp-the-demon-slayer-horny-injun.gif

Mister Injun, head of a shipping operation captained by Mister Merrman, has sought out the Commission to get his business legally in order!

ZKOYtBm.png
s5kO6Sn.png
tJI33tO.png
uuBAnFH.png
LnoDnBd.png
hQVtdzB.png
RsTb2A3.png
rQDUVBv.png
Lc6L4CJ.png
EWHecFA.png
yPpA98N.png
pL0RRAy.png
LtLhOsp.png
pPFINcb.png
KgK6XR3.png
fwBBgqj.png
ScXFOlE.png
QWl7mH5.png

Don't get caught out at sea without your ship properly registered and in good standing with the Commission! Get your license TODAY!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
so buy a license or get attacked. if i buy a license then you just send your pirate....
The license is here to protect you from voracious pirates at sea as well as register your ship with the Commission. In this way, you aren't accidentally mistaken for a smuggler or pirate yourself, engaged, destroyed and looted. It is only right and proper to legally license your ship with the Vesper Commerce Commission.

Do the right thing: get licensed today!

Steezie E

Master
Oh I understand that, and I applaud your effort on creating stories and adding life to the UO world. But if I get stopped by a commission vessel and show my license that I have paid for, what's to stop you from logging three characters on your pirate boat (who doesn't follow commission rules ) sailing to my exact location? Sounds more like a PSA that there's going to be more Pirates, lol.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Oh I understand that, and I applaud your effort on creating stories and adding life to the UO world. But if I get stopped by a commission vessel and show my license that I have paid for, what's to stop you from logging three characters on your pirate boat (who doesn't follow commission rules ) sailing to my exact location? Sounds more like a PSA that there's going to be more Pirates, lol.
We're businessmen, Mister Steezie, and the oceans of Sosaria are a trade asset owned and operated by the Vesper Commerce Commission. It is our duty and right to enforce licensure for all ships on the seas to protect legal sailors and tradesmen on our waters. We wouldn't sully our reputation as a business by backing out on a license or breaking its rules.

It's a win-win for everyone: you are registered and thus protected at sea should you need assistance, and the Commission receives its just reward for vigilant patrols of its seas.

You are the pirate at sea.....
Privateers, sir.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Licensure enforcement continues as the Commission patrols its vast assets at sea!

hed5qoc.png
XPjTXTa.png
dGuQ184.png
HKdHT1O.png
Dhwy3VK.png
yCSM3MK.png
NMg83Hb.png
XVxsv5S.png
ugAB1vq.png

a14d7R2.png
PZFFTQ4.png
D4klr42.png
bdGXefH.png
RATI5bI.png
pFms19M.png
Wl08iVP.png
knEK0pH.png
7fUAPPZ.png
Z5Nb3WH.png

Even those who would retreat to land were chased down in a determined effort to inform them of their licensing responsibilities.

0ocd26H.png
F7b53jS.png
In their patrols, the privateers aboard the Otter and the Revenge sought action on the many islands scattered across Sosaria. To the Commission, any and all materials on the water are rightfully theirs; if it floats, it's a burden they must bear and regulate.

BX71uNRAPU-cheeto-fingers-vcc-do-islands-float.gif

SA1jmrQFrK-booty-seeker-vcc.gif

HxTbzWC.png
EXCq7Wr.png
0OuT2bd.png
NHKGU5E.png
CnNxIhg.png
WSGsIlg.png
aE9am0i.png
SvAOCa7.png
rMTex7A.png
tju4wXh.png
Q9hIpdh.png
wAUY47J.png

3JsdCYB.png

Captain Merrman of the S.S. Bluebottle has already found the peace and quiet of safety under the stalwart protectors of the Commission satisfactory, even if he was a little jumpy to the presence of privateer patrols at first!

s7LycmD.png
VGRmTJx.png
bb2oUFT.png

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Despite the incessant urging of the Commission, some sailors still do not recognize the perils of leaving their ships unregistered and operating illegally in the company's waters.

Others have even challenged the Commission directly, feeling a larger ship would protect them from Vesper's Own.

h927QnY.png

w8diCN0.png

MCQOrCG.png

7D2lZp2.png

XNQnbhz.png

m8FEkAf.png

2446c646-c1f2-4cc4-88e1-c7581faeda94

Unsurprisingly, sailors are starting to express the difficulty to remain unregistered with the Commission.
JVKHaMD.png

6xg04Lj.png

2ChIAwd.png

jYMaj49.png

The crew of the HMS Twerk Shart would return under the guise of peace and parlay with the Otter, yet it was naught but a ruse!
P57jURG.png
ReWP50R.png
EV8mO28.png
nV3PKq5.png
TCfDYFg.png
1ULeugw.png

Recognizing the selfless and burdensome task of securing the seas from potential pirates, smugglers and hooligans while protecting legal whalers, fishermen and wreckers, some still reach out to thank the Commission for their hard work (despite a little raiding along the coastline for some cheap snags)! (hi @shenron)

hl9mmd1.png
XrwWwQi.png
gI321PR.png
v9f2u2P.png
HIWfHzA.png
HKhke3f.png
xH1yzbW.png
jQXdrof.png

So don't be salty - get your ship together and license your ship with the Vesper Commerce Commission TODAY!

Godsrage

Grandmaster
To @everyone if your paying license to VTC and VCC to fish in peace soon that License will be Revoked License Orders From RedRum

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Selling licenses to dock your ship in Bucs Den 25k per week.
WzxEtcU.jpg

dzGy9GR.png
The Vesper Commerce Commission would like to clarify its naval superiority position:

1. Trinsic submits evidence refusing to engage the Commission at sea, knowing they would be destroyed. This is despite the fact that the Commission just smuggled out the Trinsic Trading Company's donation tubs from one of its many contacts in Trinsic, and had the bag of those tubs on board at the time of engagement, open for the taking for anyone brave enough to try (ie. not Trinsic).

vZNtpRk.png

2. Additionally, Trinsic had outnumbered the crew on land, and yet the crew didn't lose anything - which cannot be said for poor Gizmo- (who was looted blind right in front of them as they ran, helplessly, from the docks).

Rs23sza.png

tZohZFe.png
0yyLcXa.png

3. Boarding a vessel of the Commission will lead to swift and severe punishment, even within the confines of the Den (note the bag of tubs on the cannonballs behind the mainmast lol - at least someone tried).

UqoK1cW.png

ZeyJKMI.png

rgcHjIo.png

To @everyone if your paying license to VTC and VCC to fish in peace soon that License will be Revoked License Orders From RedRum
raw

8DiCCfQ.png

UlwjO8s.png

Spoiler alert: Trinsic isn't considered a competitive naval force, so like this sailor, try before you buy! Their "licenses" (something else they piggy backed off of the Trinsic Trading Company's accomplishments, back when it was competently run) won't hold up at sea.

So go with a name you can trust: the Vesper Commerce Commission!

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Just to clarify...the dye tubs were given to you because they were yours before you left the game, with my permission.

Dewderonomy: Hey man, anyway I can get my dye tubs from the TTC?

Sent me that a little bit ago.

I didn't respond.

Skye/Lynni-11/19/2016

lol give them to him

We do not charge a license for people to fish at sea. His post was made in jest in good humor but seemed to have struck a nerve. We do however, have a fee for safe hunting in Khaldun that goes to feed the orphans.

Do not assume, Captain, that anything is going on that I am not aware of in Trin. I know your contacts well and I have a couple of my own from Vesper.

Gotta love politics.