OG Atlantic Player from 99-02

Glassyalabolas

Neophyte
I joined UO during the Second Age period. Game was golden. Precastings, insta-hits. Tank mages with good macro layouts were top of the PvP foodchain. No glowing neon dyed crap everywhere. No Trammel. Gold dupers getting caught and punished during the days of the gold dupe bug. Limited rares spawning at the start of server up time (my favorite being the hedgemaze fruit basket; where the hell did that go!?).

The UO community on the web was amazing back then. There was Lum the Mad, ImaNewbie, UO Prostitute, and best of all WTFMan videos. If you haven't seen the WTFMan videos, you missed out.

And best of all... the SERVER WARS at Brit graveyard.

I remember a guy at the server wars named Lord LoneWolf who could take on four guys at once and win. Dude was a whirlwind, absolutely inspiring. It was my top achievement one night to get into a 1 on 1 scuffle with him and manage to stay alive. Guys like that are why I loved the game. PvP is always what made the game exciting.

Then UO:R hit with it's Trammel mirror bullshit and delay weapons hits. Neon glowing dyed crap everywhere and rares became so numerous that it was pointless to collect. It was like the game got bought out by Disney. After that I made the mistake of trusting someone and got my account scrapped, so i quit for 15 years. Otherwise I might've never stopped playing. Good to have found a great shard and community like this and be back in action. Not everything is the same as those golden old days, and it never will be, but UOF has enough of my old game in it to make it feel like home.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Welcome mate - what Shards did you play back in the day, I know some of those nmaes, Lum the Mad, ImaNewbie, UO Prostitute, I played GL & Siege.... Loved the server wars. Good that you've found a home here, I just got here 10 months ago, after 15 years away from the game myself, things changed!

Glassyalabolas

Neophyte
Just Atlantic bro. You remember UO Prostitute? Nice! It's been wiped from the web as far as I can tell. Good times.

Last edited: