Old Player Need of house. Returning

Screamn

Master
i was wondering if anyone had a house to give me. im coming back to the server starting with nothing,
i know there is somone out there sitting on some property they dont need

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Currently there are several small (7x7 - maybe 8x8) spots available around MoonGlow and Skara. If you wait until the 1st of next month, they are doing a wipe of the accounts that have not been accessed in the last 4 years, and that might open up some bigger plots. That would give you 13/14 days to farm some gold to get a decent sized plot.

Currently there are several small (7x7 - maybe 8x8) spots available around MoonGlow and Skara. If you wait until the 1st of next month, they are doing a wipe of the accounts that have not been accessed in the last 4 years, and that might open up some bigger plots. That would give you 13/14 days to farm some gold to get a decent sized plot.

If you don't mind my posing a question on that theory... Why would wiping of accounts cause any significant number of plots to open up ?

Doesn't it seem likely that those accounts have at least been logging in to refresh the properties - or could there be that many plots that are only being refreshed by friends to the original account, where the actual owners have been MIA for 4+ yrs ??

Not trying to be a wiseguy.. just curious !

Cheers.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
If you don't mind my posing a question on that theory... Why would wiping of accounts cause any significant number of plots to open up ?

Doesn't it seem likely that those accounts have at least been logging in to refresh the properties
They did a test wipe on the Test server and it cut the save time almost in half.

or could there be that many plots that are only being refreshed by friends to the original account, where the actual owners have been MIA for 4+ yrs ??
I am not suggesting that castles and keeps will be falling, but I would think that some max storage plots will become available.

Think of it like this:
The more determined of us will be quick to grab the larger plots and in doing so will (hopefully) be making their current plot open. Which will allow the more casual players a chance to grab the old spot. It's going to be like The Jeffersons, people going to be moving on up.

Dimok

Master
"If you wait until the 1st of next month, they are doing a wipe of the accounts that have not been accessed in the last 4 years, and that might open up some bigger plots."
I am not understanding how any plots would be opening up, as if they have the plots they would have had to have been logging in within the last 4 years to keep them. Or am I missing something?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I am not understanding how any plots would be opening up, as if they have the plots they would have had to have been logging in within the last 4 years to keep them. Or am I missing something?
Co-owners and Friends to the house can refresh it.

Dimok

Master
I guess that makes sense. So if an account that holds a house gets deleted, we all still have to wait for it to go idoc? Or that wouldn't make sense, because then co-owners could probably still refresh it.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I would think that they've thought of that. They may just delete them altogether, houses and contents, the idea was to free up server space. Though if they did that there is a chance some truly unique rares would be lost to the recycle bin.