Pack horse problem at brit crafting zone :(

RDaneel

Apprentice
Hello,

I had a problem at the Brit Craft Zone with a player named Deep Wood.
I was standing there with my pack horse and was filling it with GM Armor sets that I was crafting.
A player named Deep Wood was watching my horse, maybe waiting for it to be full of armor sets.
Then suddenly he attacked my horse, he was grey, so my blue horse run and attacked him !
So I just moved and said "All follow me !" "All follow me !"
Other crafters were saying "Guards ! Guards" but the grey player was just not being attacked by the guards....
And suddenly, I dont understand how, my horse turned grey, and guards killed it.
Deep Wood looted my 10xGM armor sets (50k value !) peacefully.
I ran after him yelling "Exploit ! Exploit !" , then he smiled and said "No, it was not an exploit" and recalled with all my GM armor sets. :(
I called for GM ingame, the GM was not able to give any explanation about this. He said maybe that it was an NPC trick to lure and make your pack turn grey and loot it.
Well... Then I tried to craft my GM armor sets at home but it cost much more than working in brit town :(
You know, I'm not doing unattended things, I have complex macros, I dont need to be pushing on my keyboards for each actions, but mining ingots and craftings take a long time watching your screen... It's a real job and real work !!!!
That's just 10 sets lost... but now I'm looking how I can avoid this so I can return safely to brit craft zone ?
I hope a blue beetle could be opened while mounted, but it seems that's not possible, so it would be the same (beetle standing near you, ready to be exploited somehow !).
At least, can someone here explain how Deep Wood player did the trick ?
Understanding the "exploit" is I think the best way to avoid it in the future... 50k gold of sets ... yeah that was quite a lot of work mining and all...
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

amonseti

Grandmaster
Same thing happens with beetles ...
Oldazzman hit mine a few times .. I even lost one of my bonded ones to this..
I think the guard zone needs to be enlarged as I suspect people are using Earthquake just outside guard zone evading getting guard whacked.

RDaneel

Apprentice
Yeah but how the grieffer is able to make your pack horse turns grey and be killed by guard ?

I need to understand the exploit / trick to be aware of this.

10 gm armor sets lost !

We need to find the grieffer's tricks....

halygon

Grandmaster
use a beetle and sit on it while you are working.. only get off it to put items inside it. Or make a PvPer and kill them when they turn grey -- your choice.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Can anyone tell why does home crafting is less effective rather than at brit?!
The idea is to bring crafting together as a community in one place (much like people flock to West Britbank) for spamming or finding shops due to spamming .
To do this the Brit crafting area offers various bonus's in way of lower resource costs , Skill gain bonus, and a chance when creating weapons to be a Slayer type. to encourage entice crafters (and thieves) to this area.

Omen

Neophyte
The idea is to bring crafting together as a community in one place (much like people flock to West Britbank) for spamming or finding shops due to spamming .
To do this the Brit crafting area offers various bonus's in way of lower resource costs , Skill gain bonus, and a chance when creating weapons to be a Slayer type. to encourage entice crafters (and thieves) to this area.
Thanks! Sad, Minoc always was a blacksmiths of Britannia, not Brit. :(

amonseti

Grandmaster
well not really black smithing .. it was more a Miner's town , which provides mats to black smiths .. but the west brit black smith shop has historically been the main black smith hub.

Psymon

Master
well not really black smithing .. it was more a Miner's town , which provides mats to black smiths .. but the west brit black smith shop has historically been the main black smith hub.

I too believe Minoc was the main hub for Blacksmiths... I wouldn't mind seeing them put another Crafter Zone in...

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Personally I wouldn't use pack horses at Brit Crafting. Just work with the 390 weight limit you got, recall out and dump in a chest at home, recall back, etc etc

Never stay in a thief zone for more than 2-3 mins without dumping your inventory

Personally I wouldn't use pack horses at Brit Crafting. Just work with the 390 weight limit you got, recall out and dump in a chest at home, recall back, etc etc

Never stay in a thief zone for more than 2-3 mins without dumping your inventory

This is about how i do it. Too much of a hassle dealing with packies imo. Plus I'm not too much of a crafter so I'd rather not lose the little time i spend on it due to thieves.

Hephastus

Journeyman
I think that the bug described is the same exploit that I have been experiencing a couple of times on my tamers for a year or so.

The griefer would somehow get my pets to aggro on him. I remain blue, but I cannot recall anymore because I am apparently attacking him ("You cannot recall in the heat of the combat") -- even though I did not do anything at all and neither did my pets. I have experienced this with 1 blue pet just standing around and no monster in sight as well as with two pets fighting a monster. It doesn't matter if pets are in "all guard" or not, it doesn't matter if the player is blue, grey or red -- It's always the same.

The fact that I cannot recall "in the heat of the combat" (even though I remain blue) indicates that the griefer somehow gets the pets to aggro on him -- which is also the reason why your pack horses got guard whacked while you remained blue.

I have no clue how that exploit works, however I realized once that the griefer was using the mark spell before he did that (he did it off-screen but I could see it in the journal log). This could be pure coincidence but who knows.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Radar Mile

Master
Pets are bugged. Sometimes if I have 2 pets on guard they will attack each other. No idea why that happens. There are obviously some flagging bugs with pets. I remember a while back people would have lines of grey pets at Brit bank and they would get you guard whacked if you attacked them. The idea that pets take on their owners flag no matter where their owner is might be exploitable

Kapanen

Apprentice

Back in original UO, yes most mining was based in minoc, but folks still flocked to the brit smith shop. Particulary. I remember standing on line for REPAIRS! Which we needed often and werent so easy. If you didnt have a good smith your items would break during repairs!
Not so easy as clicking a Legendary repair deed.