Pet combos for different mobs

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
Wondering if anyone uses different pet combos for the different mobs they hunt. i only run with a ww/dragon for everything. but i seen a guy use 2 ww's for werewolves and said its better to use when they try to run.

im.only gm taming 110 lore so i cant use a beetle or meta..

Riversilk

Master
2 ww are only better if you need to stay mounted
otherwise drag+ww always wins (or meta+ww)
optionally death beetle+ww for some specific mob (not poison immune or which poisons)

kurtis

Grandmaster
WW takes 2 slots only. So you can sit on your ethereal mount and have two of them out.

Dragons are better but they take 3 slots. So you're either stuck on foot with a drag/ww combo. Or you can sit on your nightmare and have a dragon, and then pop off your nightmare and tell it to attack stuff, and then jump back on.

If you're just recalling from farm spot to farm spot where you kill a balron or two and then recall to the next spot, for example, I prefer a dragon/WW. Because there's no great need to be mounted. But if I'm trying to roll through a dungeon - like Khaldun for example where you can't recall inside of it - I prefer to be on my nightmare. Nightmares are a lot squishier but I like being able to mount so I can move around faster. Also, nightmares can pretty much be mounted during combat. You just say "all follow me" and mount it real quick before it starts attacking again. That can be nice.

As for double WW combo, I've never used it really unless I was training WW's. The dragon breath is just so nice. I use a beetle now for the constant lethal poison, but I do miss having dragon fire breath. I don't really know why double WW would be better for werewolves...

Fattson

Grandmaster
2 ww are only better if you need to stay mounted
otherwise drag+ww always wins (or meta+ww)
optionally death beetle+ww for some specific mob (not poison immune or which poisons)
I gotta say, I'm really enjoying farming with my db. Little guy hits pretty hard.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i will eventually train up to 115 to get a death beetle..but not really focused it now.

i think i will try an ethy with 2 wws and see what happens i guess

Aubergine

Neophyte
So then what's a better combo ultimately for dmg output (notwithstanding poison immunity)
DB/WW or Drag/WW?

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
So then what's a better combo ultimately for dmg output (notwithstanding poison immunity)
DB/WW or Drag/WW?
wow this is old! times flies...

once i got taming to 110..i got a deathbeetle. i ran that with a wyrm and loved it. sometimes i would park it for a drag on a round or 2 so he can mana up..but that's the only reason. i used that beetle until i got a meta drag

Aubergine

Neophyte
wow this is old! times flies...

once i got taming to 110..i got a deathbeetle. i ran that with a wyrm and loved it. sometimes i would park it for a drag on a round or 2 so he can mana up..but that's the only reason. i used that beetle until i got a meta drag

Then I think I'll be following your example. The way to meta just ain't for me at the moment :p

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
Then I think I'll be following your example. The way to meta just ain't for me at the moment :p
ya for sure...u can still make nice gold. plus, all it takes is that one lucky ass drop to get a nice chunk of gold...with the idoc stuff spread out all over mobs now.

i got lucky and found a blaze statue once...got me 7 mil lol