Pet obedience.

Should classic pets listen more? (mares regular dragons white wyrms)

• yes

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I dont care I dont play that template

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bongzilla

Master
So as your all aware all guard was nerfed for tamers in pvp. For curious reasons of the forceful move to make tamers use all kill all come vs all guard (which worked perfectly fine) I decided to use regular pets for a champion last night. The obedience of all come all kill still does not work for mares reg dragons and ww's. I know about ww's having a chance to disobey so I'm not terribly upset about that. I'm upset that I'm forced into a situation where I'm supposed to recall or just lay down and die. I for one and irate about the change with the ignorance given to a broken system. I have over 100 taming and my commands worked one out of three. I wasn't even pvping but my point is why is all kill and all come not being looked at? I personally as many have used all guard because the chance of a pet to listen was so low and never worked.

So many people are pissed off and don't speak up. I would like to see pet obedience get fixed. I have watched and listened and watched some more. I didn't cry when famara and his but buddies abused the mage talisman to res kill meta and put severe skill loss on it, I didn't piss and moan when nerfs to metas were patched, I just cannot sit back and be idle while working systems get broken so elitest cunts can always win. Its not fair its not proper. I feel like nobody looked deeper into the issue and it really bothers me. Discuss.

dobber

Grandmaster
This seemingly little change to "all guard me" has a lot of trickle down effect. Meta pets especially were nerfed here, again. I think their obedience needs to be revamped more so than classic pets especially at level 7.

Memphist

Grandmaster
You could use all guard since the server is started and now they nerf it ? :):)
If some people cry enough they change anything and patch the server until he is dead :(.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
If we ***** enough they'll change it lol that's how all guard got changed right? [emoji15] shittt pvpers can't even handle a charizard

Bongzilla

Master
As it was said by a guild member, "when you take something away you should give something to keep the balance.".

Cack

Grandmaster
Man I'd like to see someone go tame a nightmare or drsgon irl and see if it obeys you.
Also add a chance for the pet to go into beserk mode and kill everything, even owner.

kristina

Master
Pet "all guard me" nerfed because cry baby reds get chased by a pokeman pet of a player that no longer plays this game that much... fucking cool. It's not like tamers have an advantage over any other class... what the heck! I'm in the biggest tamer guild on this server. Take a look at how many tamers not even playing now. Good stuff. Soon there will be nothing but NEW players. I guess that's and advantage - they don't know what it was like to use "all guard me" so they don't know what they are missing.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
They go berserk a billion times when you're trying to tame....that's punishment enough. But yeah, obedience needs drastic improvement. Obedience should correlate with taming and lore skills and it doesn't :(

bradley-

Grandmaster
I'm at 120/120 and my nightmare doesn't even have 100% control rate. Neither does a dragon or a white wyrm.. Nevermind my pokédragon.... But, it doesn't matter to me if they change it or not because whatever they change next will also get nerfed. It's the group of people with the loudest voices that makes change. Only a fraction of people that play UOForever use the forums and even less use IRC so the PvPers (most vocal) will get their way every single time.

As it has been said already, since this change to 'all guard me' less and less people (myself included) from my alliance (probably the biggest on the server) have logged in and when they do it is to refresh their houses. Every day less people come in Team Speak as well which is unfortunate..

PvPers get their way this time and less blues log in because they couldn't handle PvMers fighting back. It was too much for them. The PK horde will slowly crush the passion of the remaining blues that play UO and after a couple months of not being able to defend themselves they will stop playing. Once the blues stop playing, they will have no one to kill and then the PKs themselves will also stop playing.

Best change to UOF to date! :cool:

Mercedies

Grandmaster
And then let's add bolas to the mix so the packs of roaming pks can add dismount to their routine stun/flame strike spam while our pets are standing there like a dumbass ignoring commands.

But yeah, yeah, yeah....if you don't like being pk'd...go play carebear island...we know.
I think people are forgetting that this game has other facets to it besides pvp.

K A Z

Grandmaster
YAWN

killed some noobs using my nightmare yesterday (obeyed 100%)

got killed by @Pandone and his excellent pokemaster skillz (his charizard obeyed him aswell, and he was even fighting me close to spawn. Wonder how this unlikely italian is able to control his dragons while you noobs cant)

you guys are a bunch of whiners, moaners and are definitely carebears.

that being said: I also think that pets should obey 100% (especially pokedragons at 120/120). But for some reason the dev team on UOF has always been about half-arsed fixes (unfortunately) which is why some parts of the gayme feel a bit wonky at times.

good night.

kristina

Master
I'll let someone else rip you a new ass K A Z... I'm sure they will. I would not play here if I were afraid of being pk'd - are you kidding me? You mentioned a couple of lucky times with pets obeying. Your experiences do not call the shots on this server. THANK Goodness!!

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'll let someone else rip you a new ass K A Z... I'm sure they will. I would not play here if I were afraid of being pk'd - are you kidding me? You mentioned a couple of lucky times with pets obeying. Your experiences do not call the shots on this server. THANK Goodness!!

let me tell you some things (as your knowledge of basic game mechanics is obviously bad)

the way tamers worked on UOF pre-patch was not how tamers were supposed to be in UO. Period. The fact that all you had to do in order to get your pet fighting was spam a single command and it'd change targets on its own was ridiculous and broken as fuck. I'm glad that staff decided to change some things up. Now with the new patch, tamers are a BIT more like they used to be / how they were on most Shards prior to UOF, yet still not perfect. The issue with custom content such as pokemons is that they take quite some time to balance and that it is a progress. Just because 80% of UOFs playerbase was so accustomed to a broken game mechanic doesn't mean that they had no right to change it - it was good for the greater good and for the longlivity of this server. Obviously, there are more things to change now (pet obedience, definitely and I was one of the first people to mention that) but that'll take time. One thing I really can't stand are people like you who do nothing but moan and cry. The server's going down and people are not logging in anymore? For fucks sake, thats called summer. I've been here since day one and if the server wud have shut down everytime some trammelites cried about ppl not logging in anymore we would have probably closed 6 months in (during the first summer period when the online counter dropped below 300) This change was a step in the right direction, yet there is still plenty to improve - I agree. But one of the things that can't be improved server-side is the way in which people play this game. Whenever I log in I have many encounters with tamers, and about 80% of the time they die to me because they play and act in a very bad way. Step up your game, become better, stop hiding behind broken mechanics.

K A Z

Grandmaster
that's what I thought. Bad player behavior at its best. Lets cry but not participate in a discussion on the topic (other opinions are also bad and wrong by default)

K A Z

Grandmaster
when a server has a pop of 650 on a sunday night in july its definitely healthy.

but that's not the topic here. Bottomline is: stop fucking crying and SUGGEST things.

I want my pets to obey better --> suggestion

PVPers are assholes, I know everything better and 1 change is gonna bring the shard down --> tears

mix the later with pure lies (@bradley- and his nightmare tale) and you have your typical post-tamerpatch UOF thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Memphist

Grandmaster
@ KAZ i dont believe your count is right.
I thought you was crying about tamers in former time :). And now you say we should suggest things???????? Its a joke