Pet skill training

halygon

Grandmaster
Any way to train 2 pets against each other to get skills up to 100?
Sure there is a post of a setup to do exactly that in a house with some water tiles and a door.
To expand upon what eppy is saying...

House training pets works like this (forgive the crude pics), maybe I will upload a picture of my house setup later):

Setup:
You need a custom house (Larger the better because pets can be killed by a PK's Earthquake if within 8 tiles of the wall of your house). Within this custom house, you customize the house tiles like this (or a variation of it):

View attachment 5921

For the Magery configuration, the important part here is that you have two tiles that you can trap pets on, a door in between their Line of Sight (LOS), and walls to block you from being seen by the other pet.

How it works:
The magery configuration is for two characters (two tamers is optimal, but one tamer(with vet) and one vet will work also) to take care of two pets as the pets fight. This means running a vet macro on both characters to heal their respective pet. One of the character's macros will also need to open the door in the middle every 40 seconds or so (takes 20 seconds for the door to close on its own). Opening and closing the door does two things: 1) When closed, lets pets rest, be healed, and meditate and 2) when opened, lets pets fight each other with no melee attacks.

Once you have all of your pet's skills at 7x except for tactics and wrestling, then you move on to the melee configuration.

How it works:
The melee configuration is fairly simple, leave one pet in the blocked in teleporter and move the other one diagnal to it and block that pet in with a wooden table (or other object). Then sit your two vets diagonal to the pets, so they are within 1 tile of them, and let the pets fight. You will need to watch them at first till their mana is depleted because that is the time that they can do the most damage. Once mana is depleted, they will only cast small spells once they get enough mana for them.

Note: This process takes a long time, so you should have lots of bandaids to heal and raw meat to feed your pets. I have a chest that I use to store supplies that both of my vets can access.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Wow thanks @halygon. Luckily I have 2 tamers and a big house. Its just the resist and magery thats a pain to raise. I set up 2 mares to fight with a couple vets healing and the magery and resist didnt budge. Ill try your method tonight if I get a chance. Thanks for the post, much appreciated​

halygon

Grandmaster
Wow thanks @halygon. Luckily I have 2 tamers and a big house. Its just the resist and magery thats a pain to raise. I set up 2 mares to fight with a couple vets healing and the magery and resist didnt budge. Ill try your method tonight if I get a chance. Thanks for the post, much appreciated​
Keep in mind that there is a -50 skill gain inside houses, which is the main reason this is not a common thing on here. But that doesn't mean that it is not possible to 7x your pets in your house, it will just take longer.