PK'd in my House??

Bubbagrim

Neophyte
Seriously have no idea how this happened I was in my house a classic style wood house, not some house I created. I loaded up my new Melee guy with 3k bandages and macro'd my healing on dead guy from my other acct and went to bed. Woke up and expecting to be in the 80's at least, found myself dead as a door nail instead.

I was standing in the middle of my house not even close to the edges. At first I thought CRAP!! did I leave my house unlocked but after I rezed the and came back I couldn't even get into my house because it was in fact locked. Thank god it was only bandages had I had 600 each of each reg and doing this I would of flipped TFO.

I had to go to work so no time to petition a GM. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how do you prevent this from happening and lastly I bought a house so I could be reasonably safe inside it and this happens.

Thanks!

Greed

Master
Hmmm...you should be safe even in a 7x7...see this guide for details:

http://www.********.com/community/index.php?threads/325444/

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Oh wow look another worthless response to a legitimate question. But hey man at least your posting count went up 1.

You're dumb.

He's saying they weren't on the middle square of the house. Which is one of three explanations (house walls not connected or door/tele open to public).

But hey at least your shitpost count went up.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
You're dumb.

He's saying they weren't on the middle square of the house. Which is one of three explanations (house walls not connected or door/tele open to public).

But hey at least your shitpost count went up.

I was expecting you to come in and say you'd redesign his house for 100k

halygon

Grandmaster
I meant since 1997 not last year lol
Yeah, I know what you meant, but the spells are working by design -- not by a bug. Houses were made for storage and eventually made into decoration pieces. They were never intended to be safe havens.

If you have an 18x18, you can be in the middle and never be hit by EQ (which is the only spell that can hit you beyond 3 tiles.

Bubbagrim

Neophyte
Yeah, I know what you meant, but the spells are working by design -- not by a bug. Houses were made for storage and eventually made into decoration pieces. They were never intended to be safe havens.

If you have an 18x18, you can be in the middle and never be hit by EQ (which is the only spell that can hit you beyond 3 tiles.

Nah, if they were never meant to be safe havens they wouldn't of bothered with locking them.

halygon

Grandmaster
Nah, if they were never meant to be safe havens they wouldn't of bothered with locking them.
Actually you are wrong. When they first came out, chests were not secured so anyone could come and take stuff out of them. Locked doors prevented people from stealing your stuff -- not from killing you. Secured containers and security rules were implemented later and such we have the gameplay mechanics of today (granted they have enhanced them even further now).

Just stand in the middle tile of your 7x7 and you can't die unless you are causing yourself to lose HP. One tile off though -- well, we saw what happens there.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Most likely, that was the case but still in your own house of classic design you would like to think your safe from all that.

Doesnt matter what house it is, if you are close enough to the side of the house than you can get killed in it. Also, check your journal, not sure how quick you are with closing doors, but believe it or not people will stealth into your house, wait for you to afk, then own you. Happened to me day one of buying my first 7x7 lmfao was funny

halygon

Grandmaster
Doesnt matter what house it is, if you are close enough to the side of the house than you can get killed in it. Also, check your journal, not sure how quick you are with closing doors, but believe it or not people will stealth into your house, wait for you to afk, then own you. Happened to me day one of buying my first 7x7 lmfao was funny
This is a good reason why you should use teleporters and not doors.