Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

Xiulan

Master
Per eppy in chat tonight, bandages were made 2 seconds slower on test. He said if no one complains this change will go live. Apparently this is not a troll? Anyway, please vote.

Last edited:

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
slower bandages would be a godsend for pvp, no one can say dexxers arent op with a straight face. Swing speed is very high, nerf to barbed ar, fast bandages for dexxers, 0 stam loss, short stun + bad stun rate. I think dexxers should be strong 1v1 but not unbeatable like they are here on UOF. I've never played a UO server in my life where the bandage timer was this fast. People want to semiafk/run two clients/rock some good ar/loop a bandage/cure self-macro and mindlessly farm. That was never uo, you had to kite the mob wait for the bandage to kick and go back in. People crying they would quit about a bandage change, don't like change and just don't want to adapt to actual uo mechanics, they love easy street.

ps they have slayer AR, talismans, slayer weps, etc idk how much easier pvm can get here on UOF

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
For the record, the change isn't just a 2s increase to the bandage timer, there was more done to balance...
  • bandages take 2s longer
  • poison no longer extends the length of the bandage
  • disrupts no longer reduce the amount healed
  • a small increase was given to heal amount, to offset the longer bandages.
Heal Amount per second is staying the same, the heals just won't be so frequent...

If PvP was balanced already Fuego, I'd agree, but it's far from balanced.. Recent changes have really put the mage at a disadvantage when running solo, it's why you see so few of them actually playing solo, most play a dexxer.. I play a mage myself, and I do think mages shouldn't win 1v1 against a dexxer, but right now the difference is huge. So I agree with these changes in theory - I don't really know long term if they will be good or bad, because I don't play dexxers.

girana

Grandmaster
If PvP was balanced already Fuego, I'd agree, but it's far from balanced.. Recent changes have really put the mage at a disadvantage when running solo, it's why you see so few of them actually playing solo, most play a dexxer.. I play a mage myself, and I do think mages shouldn't win 1v1 against a dexxer, but right now the difference is huge. So I agree with these changes in theory - I don't really know long term if they will be good or bad, because I don't play dexxers.

pvp cant be balance

Xiulan

Master
i dont understand why not just make it +2s for ppl in militias.

this change is only for pvp so why not make them stick to pvp only .

That would be the logical thing to do IF this change was actually about improving consensual pvp balance, and not just about making it easier to pk pvmers and noobs so a tiny handful of supposedly leet pvpers don't get their egos bruised.

Fuego

Grandmaster
For the record, the change isn't just a 2s increase to the bandage timer, there was more done to balance...
  • bandages take 2s longer
  • poison no longer extends the length of the bandage
  • disrupts no longer reduce the amount healed
  • a small increase was given to heal amount, to offset the longer bandages.
Heal Amount per second is staying the same, the heals just won't be so frequent...

If so i change my vote.....

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
To be honest, it may not have been as big an issue if bone / dragon armor actually gave dex loss for wearing that heavy shit... But when you give dexxers 120 dex with agi pots, unimpaired by armor/weapons, they swing fast, and can heal fast, it's pretty imbalanced..

Girana - I agree, which was the point I was trying to make, it's not balanced, so you can't really do the same to both dexxer and mage.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
That would be the logical thing to do IF this change was actually about improving consensual pvp balance, and not just about making it easier to pk pvmers and noobs so a tiny handful of supposedly leet pvpers don't get their egos bruised.

I agree to make it factions only if pvmers really can't adapt to a standard UO bandage timer...tell me ONE free uo server that has a bandage timer this short or on osi, ill wait. i'd rather have core uo mechanics in place, I appreciate all the custom staff provides but sometimes i feel like i'm playing a whole new era of uo. Changing core game mechanics like bandage timers, factions, etc is tricky business.

I personally think a good change would be to not allow reds should use wands, staffs biggest fear is pvmers being wanded down in dungeons
  • consensual pvpers do not have the funds to blow a 1k charge to secure kill on a pvm with 0 loot
  • pvm blues could protect themselves vs pk reds with gheal/miniheal wands or fight back with light/fireball
  • blues could group up and wand down running reds
  • easier learning curve for blues if they could actually trying using wands without being in factions/militas
  • pvpers would be very pleased with wands working as intended, wands help fight small groups vs big groups + they help the solo player
  • makes reds life more difficult

There is no reason why we cant have robust pvm and pvm here on UOF. We all gotta come together and find a middle ground.

Last edited:

Deimos

Adept
and another "smart" dexxers nerf income i guess
"bandages op" only mages say that
but maybe need nerf mages?burst CRAZY DAMAGE.sometimes mages not need stun - he can easy killing without any stuns :D
most powerful range damage!!! o my hash!!!

after mage damage my bandage heal me around 15-20 hp!!! NICEEE it is like drink heal potion in 10 sec :D
and sometimes i got fizzle :D

only noob thinking it is easy killing good mage on dexxer ( i mean 1h kata dexxer+magery)
But 90% mages dont know HOW to kill dexxers :D fcking noobs!and start crying

and how and when GM "Fixing PVP " - People just cry and gm "fixing" :D

god i wait day when i tottaly bored and have to
play on alchy mage!!!!
because dexxer have so much problem

i play only on melee chars(exept wow and diablo 1)

and where my blessed faction weapon? why i must pay 35k only for gold kata(but i wanna much stronger kata)?why my armor cost 10k and mage armor cost 1.5k?
where balance?

dexxers so much op but in pvp mostly play on mages?! WHY?
sallos not op but 99% alchy mages play on sallos ! WHY?

what a joke :D

DrSaso

Master
Well with 200 points in anatomy and healing, waiting almost 9 seconds for a heal is excruciating! For me this is slow enough as it is for pvm. As my only healing method any longer would suck. Bad enough when poisoned too so have to wait Sonos 20 seconds to cure and heal before running back to attack.

And this would just stuck for me for pvp too.... i usially just haul ass away as fast asi can.... typically by the time i can get one bandi off I'm either safe or dead. But adding 2 secs just cripples my survival chances. The attacker can dump easier with a bigger window before i can regain hp.

Inb4 get gud and pots

P.s. archer bard here

Last edited:

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
and another "smart" dexxers nerf income i guess
"bandages op" only mages say that
but maybe need nerf mages?burst CRAZY DAMAGE.sometimes mages not need stun - he can easy killing without any stuns :D
most powerful range damage!!! o my hash!!!

after mage damage my bandage heal me around 15-20 hp!!! NICEEE it is like drink heal potion in 10 sec :D
and sometimes i got fizzle :D

only noob thinking it is easy killing good mage on dexxer ( i mean 1h kata dexxer+magery)
But 90% mages dont know HOW to kill dexxers :D fcking noobs!and start crying

and how and when GM "Fixing PVP " - People just cry and gm "fixing" :D

god i wait day when i tottaly bored and have to
play on alchy mage!!!!
because dexxer have so much problem

i play only on melee chars(exept wow and diablo 1)

and where my blessed faction weapon? why i must pay 35k only for gold kata(but i wanna much stronger kata)?why my armor cost 10k and mage armor cost 1.5k?
where balance?

dexxers so much op but in pvp mostly play on mages?! WHY?
sallos not op but 99% alchy mages play on sallos ! WHY?

what a joke :D

I play my dexxer on sallos and so do a lot of other people I know. it's typically the steam and razor users that rely on the scripting abilities like autopoppouch, purple pot macros, autoband&cure etc. It's a great template but you can't say its not op on UOF. When stun tamers existed that was the only template that could hang with them 1v1, they shine in 3v3s+ and fall off more in 5v5s unless they are really good at positioning. Dexxers are OP on uof for a number of reasons

-short bandage timer
-nerf to barbed armor
-buff to weapon dmg
-no stam loss
-short stun rate
-low stun rate
-high swing speed/hit chances
-can toss purple with two handed weps
-ez to offscreen once you see them cast a second spell

you get the point.

As a 7x alchy mage in the field, you gotta play it damn near perfect atm to take a dexxer down 1v1 in the field.

ps bandages heal for a lot more than 20, I get 40+ heals all the time. Be sure to gm healing

Deimos

Adept
I play my dexxer on sallos and so do a lot of other people I know. it's typically the steam and razor users that rely on the scripting abilities like autopoppouch, purple pot macros, autoband&cure etc. It's a great template but you can't say its not op on UOF. When stun tamers existed that was the only template that could hang with them 1v1, they shine in 3v3s+ and fall off more in 5v5s unless they are really good at positioning. Dexxers are OP on uof for a number of reasons

-short bandage timer
-nerf to barbed armor
-buff to weapon dmg
-no stam loss
-short stun rate
-low stun rate
-high swing speed/hit chances
-can toss purple with two handed weps
-ez to offscreen once you see them cast a second spell

you get the point.

As a 7x alchy mage in the field, you gotta play it damn near perfect atm to take a dexxer down 1v1 in the field.

ps bandages heal for a lot more than 20, I get 40+ heals all the time. Be sure to gm healing

40+ hp all time?after 2-3 mage combo i all time have around 20hp+

-short bandage timer (dexxer need some healing,because when he disarm weapon to cast heal he have 0 wrestling and open to fuck and after arm weapon he need time to load swing and 8 sec it is not fast in good fight 8 sec turns into eternity, mage can damage me around 80+ hp in 1.5-2 sec lol)
-nerf to barbed armor (lol before nerf mage have alot armor it was tottaly wrong)
-buff to weapon dmg (mages damagess buff too)
-no stam loss (vs zerg it is ok have no stam loss)
-short stun rate (stun most stronger ability in this game)
-low stun rate (mage have crazy damage)
-high swing speed/hit chances (bla bla bla 10-15 damage and half swings i miss :D mage can miss eb ?!)
-can toss purple with two handed weps (i dont use 2h)
-ez to offscreen once you see them cast a second spell(mage can ez offcreen too!! )

and about sallos i cant play because using bandages broke my target
on steam i have only 3-5 macro- recall,gate and few minor macro

and in field i can kill people only in 2 way(1h sword kata)
he tottally noob or i have really low hp and mage stay to finish me but i finish him

i repeat people think dexxers op only because they dont know how to kill dexxers!!!

Last edited:

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
40+ hp all time?after 2-3 mage combo i all time have around 20hp+

-short bandage timer (dexxer need some healing,because when he disarm weapon to cast heal he have 0 wrestling and open to fuck and after arm weapon he need time to load swing and 8 sec it is not fast in good fight 8 sec turns into eternity, mage can damage me around 80+ hp in 1.5-2 sec lol)
-nerf to barbed armor (lol before nerf mage have alot armor it was tottaly wrong)
-buff to weapon dmg (mages damagess buff too)
-no stam loss (vs zerg it is ok have no stam loss)
-short stun rate (stun most stronger ability in this game)
-low stun rate (mage have crazy damage)
-high swing speed/hit chances (bla bla bla 10-15 damage and half swings i miss :D mage can miss eb ?!)
-can toss purple with two handed weps (i dont use 2h)
-ez to offscreen once you see them cast a second spell(mage can ez offcreen too!! )

and about sallos i cant play because using bandages broke my target
on steam i have only 3-5 macro- recall,gate and few minor macro

and in field i can kill people only in 2 way(1h sword kata)
he tottally noob or i have really low hp and mage stay to finish me but i finish him

i repeat people think dexxers op only because they dont know how to kill dexxers!!!

10/10 troll post