Post some official rules on script use at sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I have seen several people multiclient attack while on a boat, auto target/attack as well. They also use auto repair scripts

We need some official rules on what is allowed.

Last I checked we aren't allowed to pvp w/ more than one account at once.

We aren't allowed to run a heal bot that would assist another one of our accounts in pvp.

I also thought it was illegal to pvm with more than one account at once. (using a second character to follow w/ auto attack script on).​

This is basically the same thing people are doing when they have a second/third account on the boat with scripts running to auto attack/repair the boat.

If we get the OK to do these things, I'll create and release some scripts so everyone is on an even play field.

Tydeus

Master
I have seen several people multiclient attack while on a boat, auto target/attack as well. They also use auto repair scripts

We need some official rules on what is allowed.

Last I checked we aren't allowed to pvp w/ more than one account at once.

We aren't allowed to run a heal bot that would assist another one of our accounts in pvp.

I also thought it was illegal to pvm with more than one account at once. (using a second character to follow w/ auto attack script on).​

This is basically the same thing people are doing when they have a second/third account on the boat with scripts running to auto attack/repair the boat.

If we get the OK to do these things, I'll create and release some scripts so everyone is on an even play field.

The problem is not being able to "really tell" if they are "scripts" (do you mean macros?) or not. My thoughts were, if you can do it in Razor, then some other players are going to be doing it, so if you do not also do it, this puts you at a disadvantage. You have no real way of knowing whether someone is running a macro in Razor that is healing characters or helping them target players for them while they are in a boat battle. I vaguely recall hearing about a rule where they don't want you having TWO or more clients "mirroring"/following one of your other clients around on land and assisting you in PvP. The problem with the boats is that all three of your clients are going to be following each other by default because they're on a boat. I've heard things such as making your dragons attack a player, hiding, and then switching to another client to also attack the player on land is not allowed, but who can really tell that is what someone has done with any actual proof? Out at sea, this is very easy to do.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Yea it is very easy to tell if someone is multiclient attacking you, if they have more than one account that attacks you then there it is. Which I believe is against the rules.

It is also very obvious when they are running a repair script as well. Which should be against the rules (same idea as using a heal bot)

Just some clarification on the rules would be nice.

This weekend I'll be working on some pirating scripts which I'll use til they say we cant.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
This weekend I'll be working on some pirating scripts which I'll use til they say we cant.

Make sure you share them too to REALLY expedite the process.

/endprotip

Edit: Currently at a disadvantage if you don't have directional commands on macro keys and spamming them. This increases your boat speed ten fold.

Tydeus

Master
Well, I'm sure that whoever has the "best" macros out at sea, along with the "best" character setup, is going to be a menace. Part of being the "best" is creating your own macros, but not everyone can do that, or at least not with great efficiency. I've been developing my own macros in Razor for weeks now, although I haven't used them in any boat battles as of yet. I'm merely testing them. I consider the macros to be my intellectual property. If an administrator wants to see them, I'll freely give them to the admins and they can judge whether they are legal or not.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I'll share the ones I create. I plan on abusing every possible advantage until they set some rules in place. Not to cheat but to encourage them to create a set of rules for the naval battles. Other people out there are already taking advantage of some things that will likely be against the rules once staff starts the hear the complaints about it.

Need to get everything in place before they get that champ spawn going at sea.

lost

Grandmaster
you cant repair while running away, and if you're running away you arent going to stop to repair, and if you move while repairing it stops. so auto repair scripts seem silly to worry about. if anything it should help you kill them if they're dumb enough to stop to repair if you're on their ass.

as far as multiclienting, i dont think its intentional, but if you attack someones boat anyone on it will auto attack back, lot of people use archers for sea PVM as melee dexxers arent really gonna hit lot of the mobs at sea, so unfortunately when you shoot a boat you're gonna run into "multiclient pvp."

whats also interesting is you can attack a boat with a red on it, but if theres blues you're getting some counts unless they hit you first.

i'd be very interested to see these auto attack scripts if you're meaning auto cannon firing scripts. but yeah auto repair.. why bother, just make a usetype then target the boat (anywhere works).. you're going to have to be sitting still anyway

i have seen a pirate with two archers, i guess you could say he was crosshealing, but i know i crossheal to counter the PVM mobs, so when you roll up attacking someone crosshealing two of their chars and steering with the third, are tehy supposed to stop moving the boat to turn off crosshealing, and then get sunk? so yeah crosshealing depends if you're rolling up on someone fishing the whirlpool or its just someone strictly out to sink.

Make sure you share them too to REALLY expedite the process.

/endprotip

Edit: Currently at a disadvantage if you don't have directional commands on macro keys and spamming them. This increases your boat speed ten fold.
no that was fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Multi-clienting on the same boat should be against the rules whether intentional or not. As soon as a character attacks another it is considered PvP. The auto turreting tamers and archers plus a captain on a boat is harsh and unfair. Maybe a GM can confirm for us but I don't even think that rule needs to be established, I think people are just breaking an already existing rule. I know who you're talking about Duck.

The repair macros are being looked into and I believe they are trying to fix it.

The boat speed has been fixed already.

Keep in mind that these boats are new, they are still fixing bugs, fixing exploits, etc. It's going to take some time before the system is perfected.

lost

Grandmaster
well I've yet to see a fishing tamer if we can only use one client. Didn't know there were repair macros that worked while moving? Crazy.

Lol I'm the tamer who had his Provo archer n archer fisher on boat fishing whirlpool when u attacked. I can sink you without them but I can't fish or Provo whirlpool without..

But I did see two red archers on same boat today, that's more intentional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the purpose of bringing a fisher, a tamer and an archer, it allows you to have the utility to solo the whirlpools and I really don't think that was the intention when it was released. That's like saying "I'm an archer, I can't kill a mage without my two other archers turretting, so it's okay to do it."

There is nothing wrong with doing the whirlpools solo, until someone attacks you, it's part of the game, as soon as those extra clients turret, it becomes mutli-client pvp which is against the rules. Im not saying it's intentional but it's an advantage.

For example, when I died, I died to a dragon flame breath, a arrow to the face and you casting energy bolt to finish me off after a 20 minute battle. My boat was sunk after I died, not before and I'm sure that Duck-Face experienced a similar issue.

lost

Grandmaster
Nah I sank duck face with two other real members of har on the boat, otherwise I've been just on my tamer to sink him. I don't always go for fishing, sometimes just to attack boats so not three chars then.

Excited for more pirates at sea n pirate rewards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tydeus

Master
What lost said is true. Multi-client PvP is not avoidable out at sea. Cross-healing macros are also frequently used in PvM out at sea, so what happens when someone comes, attacks your ship, and you're still cross-healing? Are you now going to get banned for "scripts"? It is ridiculous. Do the best you can with your 3 clients and macros while on a boat. It is an advanced part of being a fisherman or a pirate. If you can't handle it, choose some other profession. When any sort of new rules come in that prohibit certain actions inside of a Razor macro while on a boat, how will it be enforced in the first place? You can turn on macros in the heat of battle that help you target players and they will really have no way of knowing that you used them off and on. What if someone gets accused of using such macros when they're merely using a target closest hotkey quickly on each different client? They would have to disable target closest in Razor and other clients altogether in order to police the rules effectively.

It is avoidable at sea. Don't bring 3 characters. Hes taking a rule that has a grey zone and hes taking full advantage of it. I've watched him do it, it's not an accident. He'll spoil it for fisherman who do it legit, he'll spoil boating for people who don't cheat and people are gonna get pissed and post threads like this. Seriously wish a GM would just clear it up, cause Duck is right. If people are going to multi-client turret on archers and tamers, I'll throw a few on my boat to even a playing field and then say that I was attacked first.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
People multi client pvm to do tmaps, mibs and have done since day 1 if the fisherman has his pets on board and u fire at his ship all the pets attack you thats your problem end of story stop crying. There is no rule that says u cant alt tab between alts to pvm never has been. ( so what u saying is people should only bring on toon to sea and put them self at a disadvantage pvm wise so you guy can kill them easier? its unavoidable gtfo it

if he attacks you with more than 1 toon(at the same time) using scripts that is multi client pvp why not report in and shane/adam will tell u that not what is happening at least with Me and lost i have 3 toons on my ships ( a fisherman/smith/carp) deadly i know. a bard with no resist or eval. even more deadly. and a red pvp archer.

Lost has a bad/archer a fisherman and a pvp tamer he uses no scripts to auto attack if u attacked his ship with his tamer on board then u caused his alts to attack you

If anyone thinks otherwise ill gladly let adam remotely access my pc and look for any cheats hacks or pvp related scripts im pretty sure im not multi client pvping and have no scripts anything like that lol and i am willing to prove it

Malkraven

Grandmaster
its not auto turreting the tamer is there to deal with the excessive deep water ellementals to stop my 120 crafter dying?

So u saying i should delete my 120 fisherman and build a pvm toon just to fish GTFO.

People have and always wil multi box to do tmaps/ mibs and levis

Well as long as it's not against the rules, i'll load my boat up with a few archers and turret as well. No need to get hostile, the point of his thread was to clear up the grey area in the rules. Since PvP on multi client is illegal and you're putting yourself in PvP sittuations with multiple clients, I can see why that might be of concern to players who follow rules.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
im not derailing anything im saying its a dumb idea no scripts are used ever and u have no proof they are. People have and need more than 1 acct per ship its constructive criticism my crafter has my 120 fishing so i shouldn't be allowed a bard on board? no its just dumb. just the same as people multiboxing to do lvl 6 treasure maps or levithens on ships

As for doin stuff for the community we all do ive dedicated Hours of my time and probably millons in items to young players as a companion. im not flaming u im debating your idea if you dont like my input on your suggestions tuff shit...

you keep bring up the im so rich and help staff so do as i say some spoilt little baby bullshit. i also spent hours of my time trying to help adam with these boat bugs i reported probly 5 bugs to him myself and always offer to help him? you seem to think being richer than most and helping staff test stuff give u some priority treatment?

only difference is i dont want no special treatment for helping staff or the community.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Multi-clienting is something everyone does. Having access (and the ability to use) 3 accounts at once allow for some multi-tasking for things such as macroing, fishing, tmapping, and so on. I didn't ever think there was an issue with this because everyone has the capability of doing so. I think what makes it unbalanced is that some people are exceptionally good at multi-clienting (and therefore, multi-tasking) while others are not (such as myself). However, I think there is nothing wrong with it. It is, after all, technically a level playing field. Scripting though.. yeah I thought that was illegal.

Nothing wrong with multi-clienting imho.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
UO isn't a game meant to be played solo.

*chuckles*

Get some friends to help against the scripters! Easy fix. 6 > 3, shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks for the update about the boat speed fix. Now I won't feel totally disadvantaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.