Preserving UOF History - Events Museum / Hall of Fame

parsnip

Grandmaster
I think it would be cool to have a building to act as a museum or hall of fame for the larger events to preserve some of UOF's history. While there are some keen rares collectors, there isn't really one place to see a nice collection of event items and some items get lost to IDOCs (or scissors...)

Basic content idea:
- Sign for the event Name / description
- Names of winners and replica reward items
(Gold sink idea: Winners can donate to the museum to have a replica of their character added to the "winners podium")
- Book with some stats about other competitors (Like the ones Alan puts on Google Docs)

I'm sure the server's design gurus (like @Kiki, @Asan_Drakus and @Vrin Drakus) would be able to come up with some good ideas for the layout.

Kiki

Grandmaster
Not a bad idea for a number of reasons really parsnip.

It would also be a one stop shop for newer players to check out what kind of unique items have been created by the devs here too.

+1.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
I have thought about this myself.

At one point, I was actually going to place a castle at a big IDOC plot, and try to make it happen from a purely player perspective. But unfortunately I couldn't get the castle down.

halygon

Grandmaster
I like the idea but...

That's cool and all now but in a year or so the location if this museum would need to be so huge it would be some alternate reality of just podiums and rares (that you can't touch).

Kiki

Grandmaster
Not really.

Pretty simple for Alan to make visible but unlootable chests holding items from a specific time period/event.

Plus, for the sake of space so that no one bitches about the used up housing...

Picture a small unused NPC building in Brit, you enter click on a tour guide who then teleports you to a completely massive cellar under East Brit. There's your space issue for showcasing the larger items that need to be seen in real life instead of just in a chest.

Problem level: Solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
All I know, is I need to be able to decorate the museum. lol

We don;t need GM's for this though tbh. Just need a castle, and willing donators. When I almost had my castle, I had quite a few people volunteer to donate. Just put a book by the display with who owns it, and maybe involve GM's just to lock stuff down, so trust would not be an issue.

If I ever get a castle I will probably try to do this again. Would take a lot of work tho, and I gave up saving for a castle hehe.

Let's get everyone to donate their houses from the quad-idoc today, and we can make it happen! hahaha

Kiki

Grandmaster
Not sure the idea was to donate them Asun. More of a museum to show what has been given out. A copy of those that had been given, etc.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Yeah don't get me wrong, your idea is better.

But I just don't think the GM's would go for it. The plan I had, doesn't involve them. To be fair, that would be a lot of work for them to make copies of all the items, make the building, deco it all out, etc etc.

Plus I just think the idea of a 'player museum' is cool. I just hate to ask the GM's to do shit when I know they are busy with so much other stuff, I like to try and do whatever we possibly can to make stuff happen on our own ;-)

Kiki

Grandmaster
I would like to volunteer myself, Asan, and whomever else the powers that be would trust to take this task on.

We've done player run events, what about a player run museum? GM's could give the pair of us "limited" powers inside a controlled environment, and we could throw our heads together and see what we could come up with.

I'm an ideas guy. I'm in.