Provo/Archer vs Provo/Mage

lollo

Grandmaster
Archer will probably grant you more gold per hour, mage is more versatile.

I switched to provo mage (5x standard gm mage skills + provo e music) and i love it. I basically never die to mobs (pots + magical healing is better than pots + bandages) and I also do decently in 1v1 pvp vs PKs. If i see a gank incoming, I just recall away and with magic reflect up + wrestling I can recall 90% of the times. I also love the versatility of being able to recall/gate/mark/invis/g heal for 40+, explo+ebolt to finish off quickly mobs after provoking without fear of arrows missing 3-4 times in a row while the almost dead monster attacks me etc.

The downsides are that you cannot travel as light as a provo archer since you need regs and you'll need to recall to bank more often to restock.

I can still make 40k in one hour pretty easily, more if my farm spots aren't hunted by PKs.

I Have done both builds,

One was a Battle Mage Provo, pretty much a 5x with provo music. (the template worked great just provoke burn it down with EB’s and evs.. I just felt I was working too hard and really wanted something that allowed me a bit more versatility.

Then I went

Magery Med Music Provo Archery Tactics, Resist,

The magery allows me to gate around res cure lethal poison cast poison fields evs, eqs’ walls summons Greater heal Mini heal.. The Archer works amazing with a slayer bow, one hit with a slayer is like 2 or e 3b’s so it’s much more effective,

The resist is so nice I can hang in there and fight PKs Which I see 90% of the time. There are many times where stuff gets sticky, and 2 or 3 fs on me and I manage to live. A lot of other people use hiding or discord. But I find resist the most effective,

Not really much I cannot solo in the game. Even paragons I’m able to walk through those for the most part as long as I have a slayer and another mob to provo it on.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Oh man, I really like that idea. Really wanted to keep archery, but didn't like the idea of having no magery. So this sounds super op. Think I'm gonna try that out and see how it works for me. Thanks! :)

Not really,

Its a 10% damage bonus anatomy. However i do anywhere from 90 to 140 hps to balrons. 150 to dragons,

120 with reponds, its not that low maybe 10-14 hps difference. You also swing slower and do less damage as a pure dexxer bard, but I can still 3 shot titans. ogre lords about 8 shots. I clean house in Shame 5.

The ev is nice touch when the mob is attacking one another and your banging on him with a bow. so the damage balance outs.

I'm not saying this is the best template I'm sure some of you per-fer other builds, But this one is the best for my play-style. I like to make reds work for their kills.

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
Is there any difference between gm magery and 99.9? Wondering if it might be possible to have it even lower if you use scrolls

I'm not sure how they have it set on this server, but i believe you will get a extra few points on your mini heal and greater heal with gm magery, It also blessed for more hps as well 99.9 bless is plus +10 to stats, gm is plus 33 to stats. Honestly it you are doing this from.

I'm not sure what you are planning to do with the extra skill points.

SaladinX

Grandmaster
My Provo archer travels lighter, does more damage (slayer bows) without using regs, and survives with pots. However, it's easy pk pickings... But then again, I travel light not much to lose!

My Provo mage is better with the pvp aspect, and can survive ganks, but I use tons more regs to kill bigger mobs... Constant evs and heals... It's a bit slower. However more versatile.

I change between both depending on the farming I'll be doing and if I'm with group or not.