Public Runebook Problem

Salmon

Neophyte
Hey guys!

I don't know if this fits into the bug report section, because maybe I'm the only one with this issue -- I search here first, but couldn't find nothing similar.

The thing is, I can't use 'public' runebooks anymore. It was fine like, a couple days ago, but since yesterday I can't set a default location, use the page's recall or gate travel. I just click where I want (set default location, for example), the book closes itself and nothing happens. No success or fail messages, nothing. So, it's pretty much useless.

It's happening on 90% of the books, almost everyone. Tried switching clients, using Razor or UOSteam, but it's still happening.

My personal runebooks (backpack and bank ones) are still working as usual.

Any clues? Thanks!

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
If its in someone elses house, maybe they changed their house from public to private? Possibly cos ppl were using their runebooks charges? Try going to a public runebook library like the one within Trinsic and see if you can use them.. that should narrow it down.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Hey guys!

I don't know if this fits into the bug report section, because maybe I'm the only one with this issue -- I search here first, but couldn't find nothing similar.

The thing is, I can't use 'public' runebooks anymore. It was fine like, a couple days ago, but since yesterday I can't set a default location, use the page's recall or gate travel. I just click where I want (set default location, for example), the book closes itself and nothing happens. No success or fail messages, nothing. So, it's pretty much useless.

It's happening on 90% of the books, almost everyone. Tried switching clients, using Razor or UOSteam, but it's still happening.

My personal runebooks (backpack and bank ones) are still working as usual.

Any clues? Thanks!

Might sound obvious but are you standing close enough to the runebooks? You have to be within a couple of tiles of the runebook you want to use otherwise it closes and nothing happens.

Salmon

Neophyte
Thanks for replying people.

Yeah, I'm standing right next to the books and I can't use them, even the ones @ Trinsic public library or big vendor's houses, like Vesper Trading Co. or the public library near Yew moonglow, for example. Just to be sure, I'll double check my position, but I'm 100% confident that's not the case.

I'm gonna make some tests, but dunno where to begin with. Pretty confused... lol Because it was working like a charm and suddenly stopped.

Salmon

Neophyte
Thanks again, fellas. I've just update my client to the latest patch (via UOF laucher) and miraculously worked again. Its weird, because it was working before, with my "outdated" client, so... who knows! Anyways, thanks again for your time. Hope to see you in game! :)