1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Publish 5: October 25th 2014, UOF Launcher, Poker, PvP and much more!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes Archive' started by Staff, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    These changes will go into effect on 10/26/2014
    The new ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER LAUNCHER can be downloaded from this link: http://www.uoforever.com/download.php

Armor
    • Armor has had OSI equivalent dex loss added to it.
    • Leather armor has had the armor contribution of resource types lowered.
    Carpentry
    • Enabled new types of wood to be used for carpentry
    • Chance of a magical property when crafting a weapon using the new woods
    • Added several new craftable items for legendary carpenters
    • All lockable containers now take the color of the material used to craft them

Central Gump
    • Made it so young players will be prompted with the young portion of the gump instead of the news.
    • Fixed an issue where the young stuck option was sending the player to a house in Occlo
    • Added an option for automatically purchasing back your head to the gump.
    Champion Spawns
    • The check for being alive has been removed from champion spawns. This was causing headaches with ghosts becoming stuck in certain regions right next to the champion spawn region.
    Ethereals
    • Fixed an issue with veterans being able to mount ethereals in 2.5 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
    Fletching
    • Enabled new types of wood to be used for bow crafting
    • Chance of a magical property when crafting a weapon using the new woods
    Halloween
    • Halloween masks are going to be enabled. Masks from 2013 will not work and will indicate so when you try to equip them.
    • New masks can be obtained from orange mobs that will be wandering Britannia.
    • The orange mobs will have a chance of spawning everywhere and will be slightly stronger than paragons.
    • Orange mobs will also have a chance at dropping orange and purple paragon chests, orange and purple monster statues, Halloween masks and Halloween skin dye..
    • These special mobs will begin spawning on October 26th and will cease to spawn a week after Halloween.
    • This is not the main quest. It is a side quest/something for you guys to do.
    IDOCS
    • The randomization on the IDOC stage of house decay has been cut in half, from 4 hours to 2 hours.
    • Specifically, the window from IDOC to collapse is now 2-4 hours.
    Lumberjacking
    • Fixed a bug where the lumberjacking bonus was not being applied while using axes in combat.
    • Logs have had their weight lowered to the equivalent of an ingot.
    • Added 6 additional types of logs
    • Lumberjacks should be wary when working in the ancient forests of sosaria
    • Fixed wood difficulty so skill could be gained past 100
    Pets
    • All firebreaths will now be cast on a random interval when attacking a mobile.
    PKing
    • You can now set your head to be automatically purchased whenever it is turned in via the central gump.
    • Type [uof and navigate to the bottom left button and tick the box there.
    • The cost to automatically purchase your head is 30k. When you have this option ticked, there is a 5 minute window whenever someone turns in your head for you to buy it back.
    • You will receive a message stating how long you have to buy it back. This message will send every 10 seconds until the timer is up.
    • To purchase back your head, say I wish to buy my head (the same message you say to start negotiations with someone who has your head).
    • If you say this, 30k will automatically be deducted from your bank. If you do not have the 30k, it will tell you so. 25k of this amount will be given to the person who turned in your head and 5k will be given to the server.
    Poker
    • Poker will now have a permanent home on Ultima Online Forever!
    • The poker will be a constant work in progress.
    • There will be 3 tables: a low min and max buy-in table, a medium one and a high roller table. The roller table will not be available immediately.
    • A poker table for donation coins will be available sometime next week.
    • I've spent almost a month working on poker now. I could speak volumes about it but I think it is self explanatory, so I won't bother.
    PvP Zones
    • Two new zones are being added:
      • The Guard Tower
        • This is a new safe zone right outside the West Britain Bridge. It is meant to be a gathering place for pvpers to find some action.
        • You will be unable to enter the safe zone if you have been in combat in the last 60 seconds.
        • You cannot recall or gate into this zone.
      • The Fight Club
        • This will be an all gray FFA area that will be joined to the east of the current safe zone docks. Upon entering the zone, you will go gray. You will be unable to back into the safe zone portion of the docks until you have been out of combat for 1 minute or are dead. You can recall or gate out of and in to this zone.
      • The Killing Fields
        • The immediate area outside of the West Britain Bridge has been made a no body chopping zone. This may not be a permanent thing. We are testing it out to see how it impacts PvP on the shard.
    Sallos
    • Sallos has been enabled on Ultima Online Forever.
    • To download Sallos, download the UOF Launcher and click the Sallos icon at the top right and then click play. Sallos will be automatically downloaded to your computer and available for use immediately.
    • Added support for the custom runebook and party packets of Sallos.
    • Created a UI for logging in with Sallos.
    • [​IMG]
    • Lots of thanks goes out to both Link and AlyssaM for their help in getting Sallos up and running.
    • Sallos fixes
      • Fixed an issue with map recall.
      • Fixed an issue with party display in the mini map.
    Uberscript
    • All uberscript gumps such as the whirlpool tresure seeker NPC and the crystal workbench gumps have been fixed and should once again operate as normal.
    Ultima Online Forever Client Launcher
    [​IMG]
    • Introducing our new launcher client! This client is great, if I do say so myself :p.
    • Launcher Features
      • Self-updating launcher client.
      • Automatically downloads and installs UO if no UO client is installed.
      • Automatically downloads both the Razor and Steam archives.
      • Razor will be installed by default, as it is considered the default UOF assistant program. To extract and install steam, all you need todo is click the steam button in the top right.
      • The Launcher provides easy access to Razor, Sallos and Steam. Clicking the respective icon of each client/assistant will check if the assistant/client is installed and install it if it is not. Clicking play will launch your selected client/assistant.
      • Latest news updates.
      • Updates to the UO files will automatically be downloaded and installed to your UO folder. This will allow Ultima Online Forever to begin modifying the base game files to provide you with new map locations, dungeons and item/mosnter art!
    • The launcher can be downloaded from this link: http://www.uoforever.com/download.php
    • The launcher is still in beta testing but is fully functional.
    UOF Legends

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    29 people like this.
  2. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I like all the places this is going.

2 people like this.
  3. Bunnky

Bunnky Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    The orange mobs etc. are going to be active on Halloween day?

4. A Stoned Figure

A Stoned Figure Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Trillx
    A Stoned Tamer
  5. amonseti

amonseti Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Where is the poker house and how do you get to it ...And when do orange mobs go active, and are dungeons included for orange mobs

6. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    They will be active starting tomorrow and will run until a week after Halloween.

2 people like this.
  7. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    All spawners will have a chance at spawning an orange mob.

Poker area is TBD.

8. noobs705

noobs705 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Some great changes!

9. Sync.Scrip-

Sync.Scrip- Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Ajax-
    Sync-
    Tien-
    where are the poker tables?

10. Nubias Noxxa

Nubias Noxxa Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Looks like a great patch. Really looking forward to the new launcher. I noticed it said something about custom art files being automatically downloaded. Does this mean that some of the hacks like tree stumps and bigger regs ect. come "preloaded" or is it purely for new items you guys introduce?

11. jeffe

jeffe Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Why are 2013 costumes turned off? If you intended to screw everyone over that purchased them in anticipation of Halloween, you did a fantastic job!

What are your plans for them?

2 people like this.
  12. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    There are 800+ Halloween costumes on the server right now from 2013. We don't need everyone running around as a mob for 2 weeks.

13. TriXa

TriXa Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    i hope you not saying the same to the xmas tree's :) i have hoarded 20 from them :) JK

14. Salsa

Salsa Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    The Guard Tower PvP zone...

Is this just a zone similar to the docks? If so, how is that a pvp zone?

Otherwise lots of great updates!

15. noobs705

noobs705 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Salasa it will be like duel pits, But you can precast like explode but if you leave and get in combat you cannot come back in, It is meant to be somewhere for factioners or reds or blues to gather and get more pvp action down at west brit bridge

16. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Do the xmas trees allow you to turn into a dragon? If not, you are probably fine.

17. Radar Mile

Radar Mile Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    When I try to run sallos it just crashes after I select my character. All black screen. Do I need to download it separately?

18. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    What is the error you get?

19. jeffe

jeffe Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Should patch all costumes to be charged like a wand after it's initial year. Still usable but gets rarer. Don't use the same costumes year-to-year, or different hues, something distinguishable.

The "past devs didn't consider the future" excuse is very lame, because now I, and others, are left hundreds of thousands of gold in useless costumes.

I assume the huge amount of these costumes were due to them being a handout. So...

Please, stop giving handouts! Players are going to feel much better about an item they have to work for.

Systems you have used recently (skill gain bonuses, loot bonuses) are much better systems to be used in special circumstances.. Costumes being lootable for monsters is awesome and the event looks to be a very enjoyable. So thank you!

Still though.. c'mon guys.. this is a slap in the face of anyone who bought the older costumes and you know it.

6 people like this.
  20. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    the changes.. are HOT::

orange mobs?
    pk that i can buy my head automatic? >(was my suggestion too :p)

POKER HIGH ROLLER? looove

poker DONO COINS --- OMG

btw..when poker will work?

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.