1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Publish 5b: Asylum Dungeon, Faction Changes, Poker, Event Point System

Discussion in 'Patch Notes Archive' started by Staff, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]
    Asylum Dungeon
    • We have released a new dungeon for Halloweem: The Asylum.
    • The Asylum is unique in that it is phased into 4 sections with different keys.
    Champion Spawns
    • Champion spawn decoration artifacts have had their drop rate increased to 20% (up from 1%).
    • Legendary crafting resources have had their drop rate increased from 10% to 30%.
    • While these might seem like drastic increases, they are not. Data we have gathered shows that with a 10% drop over the period of about 4 months, the highest legendary resource acquired at 8. 8 drops over 4 months with a 10% drop rate. This is extremely low. Regardless, this is now how we envisioned the rewards from legendary crafting to be and we apologize for not looking into this sooner.
    • Regarding the new rare drops: In 2 months, only one rare has been found. We wanted this to kind of be the next power scroll thing. We will it at 20% for the next couple of weeks and see how the drops have come along.
    Event Point System
    • The event point system will be making another, more permanent appearance.
    • Participating in events will net you event points which can be used to purchase items.
    • Some of the items which will be purchasable will be things such as poisoned arrows, dragon eggs and meta relics. These will be event point specific dragon eggs and meta relics.
    Factions
    • Changes coming in next week:
      • Factions will be reset and faction joining caps will be put in to place. This is everything, including silver.
      • You will now only be allowed to be in one faction per IP.
      • Faction blessed weapons will be increased to 2 weeks.
      • Faction item rewards for silver are going to have their prices restructured. All items purchased after the price change, aside from the armored death shroud, will not be bound to your character (like the current rewards).
      • Faction characters that have not logged in for a month will be removed from factions.
    • Changes coming in tomorrow:
      • Faction points have been added to the game.
      • To apply a faction point buff, you must first own the point, which can be done by standing in a small radius around it to capture it. A progress gump will pop-up when you are in range of it. To gain the buff, you must have killed a faction member of an opposing faction member with any character on your account in the last 2 hours and your faction must control the point., If both of these conditions are met, double clicking the point will grant you its respective buff.
      • Messages are shown to your faction once every 30 seconds if a faction point is under attack.
      • These are control points faction members can fight over. Controlling one of these control points comes with a reward:
        • Point of Knowledge
          • All character belonging to an account that has a faction character in the controlling faction on it will gain a 5% increased skill gain.
        • Point of Power
          • All character belonging to an account that has a faction character in the controlling faction on it will gain 5% increased damage to monsters.
        • Point of Bloodshed
          • This buff does not apply account wide, it can only be applied to a character in the controlling faction. This buff will cause your body to be unchoppable everywhere in the overworld map (not dungeons).
      • each minute a point is controlled will increment your factions overall point control score. (tracked statistic).
    Pets
    • Pets will once again stable upon a shard restart.
    • Death beetles have had their taming requirement dropped to 110.
    Portals
    • Increased drop of dragon egg in the dragon portal significantly.
    • RDA bosses now have a chance to drop meta relics
    • RDA bosses now have a small chance to drop a rare from the champion rare pool.
    Tracking
    • Tracking has had its range significantly increased.
    • Portals from the portal system can be tracked.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    8 people like this.
  2. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Anyone else get to excited by placeholders.
    Can't wait for the awesome.

3. MaryKMurphy

MaryKMurphy Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Rikku
    SO im confused as to where to actually find th patch notes to discuss

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Ph = placeholders
    Meaning Adam is currently working hard to compile organize and articulate all the awesome work he has been up to. Once done it will be added to this thread.

2 people like this.
  5. Alas

Alas Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Dredsin
    Wondering if the new wood data will be included... Thanks Adam

6. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    great!!!!

7. Zoobler

Zoobler Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider, Petyr Baylish
    Nice work on the poker tables! Can't speak to the new dungeon much...only gave it 40 mins before I quit looking for a key but I do love the no mount/recall aspect of it (coming from a blue pvmer).
    Ready to see what thanksgiving and Christmas has in store...that's the staffs problem...you keep setting the bar higher and higher :)

8. Dude-Man-Bro

Dude-Man-Bro Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    I just came back to this server after quiting, the holloween content/event/new dung is amazing. IM HOOKED AGAIN

(New dung has pet following issue that can be quite annoying after death)

2 people like this.
  9. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Big Willy - Paul Funyan
    indeed it does

10. wendy whoppers

wendy whoppers Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Omg! I was that person!!! I looted that champion artifact off a Newb who died to a paragon succubus!

I agree 1% drop was way too low. 20 seems a bit high, would have thought 10 would do it! But so long as you update and remove items from the champ drops it should be good and keep people interested.

Can you disclose how many champ drops there are? Ie 1 type per champ? Or multiple? Is the harrower better?

11. SaladinX

SaladinX Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Awesome stuff.

12. Messremb

Messremb Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Please tell me poison arrows is a joke?

Everything else is awesome. Great job!

13. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    Each champ has at least 2 with some having as many as four.

2 people like this.
  14. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    We've had items (legendary crafting resources) dropping off champs at 10% for about 4 months now. There are only like 4 or 5 legendary blacksmithing items on the entire server because of the low drop rates :S The rares are not meant to be uber rares, they are supposed to be maybe semi-common to rare, with a few of them being uber rares.

15. SaladinX

SaladinX Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    no way, poison arrows are much needed! awesome idea.

4 people like this.
  16. Shane

Shane Guest

This would be for PvM only.

2 people like this.
  17. tap that thang

tap that thang Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    AWESOME, great change.

just 1 query, are any of the rares consumables/wearables - i.e 1 yard of cloth, footwear etc, cause these are the items that will get people HOT on champs, more so than deco + we can stand proudly at brit bank/poker and be like "yeah, my clothes are rarer than your PW".

Either way, fantastic change. We were wondering why we weren't getting any rares after countless champs lol.

As for leg hammer items, i assume you are just changing the single ingredients? not stuff like the 50x seers powder that you need for the singing ball? cause i found that the 50x seers powder (i think they're tmap rare to spawn?) was 100X harder to get than the cracked ball (which are in abundance on vendors).

Will be cool getting a dimensional archway finally though!

18. amtothepm

amtothepm Active Member

May 31, 2013
  19. lost

lost Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2014
    <&Adam_> 1005 dragon egg drop from dragon RDA
    <&Adam_> 100%

20. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    Please post anything about sallos in the sallos thread.

2 people like this.