1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Publish 6b - October 29th, 2015

Discussion in 'Patch Notes Archive' started by Shane, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

***PLEASE NOTE:

Due to the large impact and size of this patch we may have to reboot the server a couple times over the next few days. We tested this, however when you get hundreds of people running the systems some missed things tend to pop up. Thanks for your patience!

Conquests

-Conquests have been moved from flat file saving to a databse. This should cut down save times by about 5-10 seconds.
    -Conquests received a total rewrite.
    -We've added more functiionality to conquests. This translates to us being able to make more conquests for you guys.
    -We were bottlenecked by the flat file saving before and save times began to increase expontentially with each new conquest we added. Now that we have switched to a DB,
    we will be adding a slew of new conquests.

Event Score
    -Event points have been reenabled.

Legends
    -The backend of Legends received a total rewrite which will allow us to export dataz.
    -We switched from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
    -We are currently in the process of rewriting the front end of legends.

Murderer Changes
    Short terms are being added back in and will be what is used to determine punishments. Short terms will take 2 hours to burn off. Long terms are 24 hours to burn off. We will also be adding in perma red status for noto pkers. Going red->blue 4 times
    will put you into a permanent red state.

If you have > 5 kills and > 0 short terms, your head can be turned into a bounty hunter NPC. If your head is turned in, you will have the [Wanted] tag next to your name. The next time you die, you will be presented with two options:

1) Account Wide Shame Status
    If you select this status, your account will instantly become Shamed. You will receive the [Shame] tag next to your name and you will no longer be able to initiate on blue characters.
    You can only attack them if they initiate on you. This status will last for Short Term counts * 1 hours.

Any other heads that were turned in at the bounty hunter NPC prior to you accepting a punishment for your account will be cleared. Also, any characters pending permanent statloss will have that cleared as well.

2) Permanent Statloss
    If you select this option, the next time you die, you will receive statloss equivalent to 0.1 * short terms on the character for a maximum of 20 skill points.
    Selecting this option will clear all short terms for that character. You will not receive the statloss immediately, it will be applied the next time you die.
    If you die while statloss is pending and have 0 short term counts (you have worked them off prior to your next death), you will not receive any statloss.
    Choosing statloss will put the [Infamous] tag next to your name to indicate to other players you are pending statloss.

Bounty Hunters
    Blue players without any murders can now join the bounty hunter NPC guild. Joining this NPC guild will make you orange to all murderers. Bounty hunters will also be able to track reds using a special scrying crystal that they can
    buy from the Bounty Hunter NPC (much like a disguise kit from the thief NPC). The tracking works exactly the same as faction tracking. You click the crystal, and it will give you the direction of a red with the most short term kills in your vicinity.

Another perk of being a bounty hunter is that you can add an order of magnitude to a red's punishment when you kill them and turn in their head. The bounty hunter must get the killing blow on a red for their corpse to be marked as being killed by a bounty hunter.
    The following is the impact of a bounty hunter on a red's punishment:

1) Account Wide Shame - 2 hours per count.
    2) Permanent Statloss - 0.2 * short terms on the character for a maximum of 20 skill points

We are rolling out the bounty hunter change in two phases:

1) The first is as described as above
    2) The second phase will consist of a leveling system for bounty hunter players. You will be able to level up to increase punishments, gain titles and gain access to special items.

Young Player Quest
    -Players can now dismiss wisp guides.
    -Wisp guides now offer a variety of beneficial services. They can transport you to WBB and the young dungeon, heal you to full health and resurrect you.
    -Fixed a serialization issue with the young player quest.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    16 people like this.
  2. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    I'm going to open this thread up to questions about this, once asked we will post it in the original post with the answer.
    I think that's the best way to go about this...

We will also be adding some screenshots to the original post as well.

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS ONLY.

2 people like this.
  3. pacrsfan

pacrsfan Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    maurl
    Will we get our old event points back to spend on something ?

4. Malkraven

Malkraven Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    is there no cap to shamed ? i mean what if someone has 200+ short terms or something extreme will they be shamed for 200+ hours?

If so may b we should consider removing some of the many anhks placed at champ spawns/wrong arch deamon and remove the need for excesive res killing

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. Belge

Belge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Do you need to be logged in, to burn short term and long term counts off?

7 people like this.
  6. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    Does a head only need to be turned in on the first death to initiate the process? Or does their head need to be turned in to progress each stage of shame/statloss? The wording makes it seem like it is just one head.

7. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    In regards to the short, long and shame timers do you need to be logged in for them to wear off?

8. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    Is the murder system live now or pending another restart?

9. GimpCent

GimpCent Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2014
    GimpCent, PimpCent, HeavenCent, Gimpus Maxius
    How is this a fair change?

I have the option of account wide shaming but I had no previous notice of such a punishment. As such my accounts and others aren't setup to accept what on its face is a unfair due to the after the fact nature.

Do you really think I am going to go through the trouble of restructuring whole accounts just to have a red on 1 of 3. Sadly I will not and my only other form of punishment is perma skill loss which is equally unacceptable.

Staff should engage our rather large pvp community in open discussion.

I am being seriously if I would say "these changes will force me to quit by design." I am sorry that I don't suck **** very well but these are genuinely really poorly thought out changes given your player base.

@Shane these are legit concerns, these changes will force me and others to quit by design; meanwhile you won't even talk about how broken tamers are due to power creep which is way more important honestly. I really hope you reconsider this :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    6 people like this.
  10. LoNE WoLF

LoNE WoLF Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2015
    vXLoNEWoLFXv
    Where is the bounty hunter guild.

11. Indigo Thief

Indigo Thief Active Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Taming for Jesus
    Remember guys, there are two sides to every coin. While I am sure all of you are the nice pks that only loot gold and slayer weapons.... Most newbies are faced with the real fact that there are a LOT of pks now. And many do not sync up. So... one day hunting a newbie can be killed maybe 5 or 6 times.

I know you love killing people... but sometimes too much becomes rage and then the newbies quit. Honestly... is not being able to flag on blues that big of a deal? Remember, you can burn off shorts like eight or ten a day. I think you guys are overreacting and it isnt very constructive.

Logic should win. You are complaining about this yet you fail to understand the problem when everyone has reds and pks. It becomes impossible to do anything. Even Shame level one. Or even Deciet with the ettins. How can you build a player base when they get grey screened many times a day.

::Im in the newbie guild so I see both sides::

Im sure you only factor in that YOU are the only person to kill them for that day.

10 people like this.
  12. Smokey McCallum

Smokey McCallum Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Could we make it so tamers cant be bounty hunters? See, thats what is called a suggestion rather than crying @GimpCent . Think of solutions around the system instead of just spitting your dummy out.
    Also could hidden reds not be tracked so stealth pkers are still viable?

8 people like this.
  13. Smokey McCallum

Smokey McCallum Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    A solution for farmers abusing the tracking system could be that if you have attacked a mob with your bounty hunter then you cannot use the tracking for a minute, could that work? Maybe you cant use the tracking for 20-30 seconds after you have recalled into a dungeon too to stop farmers recalling in, tracking then getting out of there if a red is in the area.

2 people like this.
  14. CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    CAPTUN AUSTRALIA
    As stated by @Shane , this thread is for questions. So i'll put some questions for discussion.

How is this going to improve pvp? in my opinion it will just mean the real reds such as myself won't bother taking the risks we currently do if it means i take a 1-7 day vacation from simply dying to a zerg (of ***** blue) players who were looking for the pvp in the first place. The bad or new players that this system is trying to protect literally never kill me, even when it's like 2-5v me, the only time they do is a lucky "all guard me", but tbh, most of the time they just don't participate in pvp because it is too 'end game' or requires too much thought for them. I don't see how adding in 'rewards' for being a "grief paladin" will change this situation anyways, because let's face it, 48 hour statloss was harsh as fuck to begin with (especially since almost all my deaths are the result of other pvpers or giant scumbag zergs).

All this change will do is encourage scumbags like $ guild to play their 7 man blue meta zerg.

With new big title games such as Star Wars Battlefront about to be released, do you really think making it harder for committed, end-game players such as myself to log in will improve UOF? I'll just go "fuck it" and keep my shit refreshed and go to other games where tears don't fall like a monsoon when players die.

The fact also remains that even back in hybrids glory days, the dungeons were more packed than they are here, and there was no statloss... I used to have the most epic battles with tamers/pvpers all over hyloth and other balron locations, even in titan valley. Shit was crazy, with constant battles and if someone died they simply logged off that char and got a new one to continue the fun. Here it seems like when someone dies, they have a heart attack, page @Shane , then cry on the forums about being raped online. Now, yes, uoforever's population has dwindled and UOF has overtaken it, but that came about because the staff there literally did no changes over a 4-6 year period. So their demise was caused by their own hand among other things (gold donations/staff corruption). Still, it remains that some of those years were intense.

Even EA UO doesn't have statloss anymore, and hasn't for over a decade.

Increasing stat loss just increases the likely hood i won't play.

14 people like this.
  15. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    How will these changes impact more role play reds like the orcs or perhaps some of the pirates of different guilds? These guilds bring a lot of fun and nostalgia and in most cases actually reflect positively on the health of UOF.

2 people like this.
  16. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

PLEASE REPLY WITH QUESTIONS ONLY.

If you wish to discuss other players questions feel free to make a post in General etc.

2 people like this.
  17. Salsa

Salsa Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    My question got deleted...

Can we make it so that if you die to pets and mobs you can't cut head?

As it stands, pretty obvious that tamers are gonna be bounty hunter default template.

6 people like this.
  18. kuzzmi

kuzzmi Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    After re-enabling the conquests I can no longer see a conquest for the "Cannibal" title and hue... Are they removed?

19. steve-o

steve-o Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Do you need to be logged in the account or the pk character to remove the shame status?

can you have PK and BH on the same account?

If a pk attack your BH do you get flagged and cant recall?

can you remove the BH status from your char?

4 people like this.
  20. GimpCent

GimpCent Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2014
    GimpCent, PimpCent, HeavenCent, Gimpus Maxius
    Can you be a account shamed bounty hunter with a meta tamer?

I swear to god that sounds amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.