Pure Bard

Zarot

Neophyte
I love my bard but it seems useless at the moment, and there are no real reasons to make a pure bard now.

It could be nice to have some kind of bonuses when a pg hit the 400 bard skills, something that involve:
- bonus points during RDA/champ/Boss
- bonus for peacemaking (extended time)
- bonus for discordance (a bit powerful)

These advantages for a pure bard can also be doubled if the template reach 120 in two of these 4 skills.

What do you guys think?

halv

Grandmaster
You already can do awesome damage using fire horns. I don't have Discordance, but with 340% bard skills I do around 80-90 damage on a single mob. Okay, it's using up a massiv amount of sulfur ash, but you can slay high tier mobs with archery and tactics too. Don't forget, you can still use 280% skillpoints in magery or archery.

I don't know, but I think 440% Bard skills will do around 100 dmg on a single mobs with fire horns.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Except fire horns only get like 3 charges. Make them not break when used on mobs and you now have a fun option to use as a pure bard.

Zarot

Neophyte
I suggest changes to make Pure Bard useful.

Fire horn is the only item that increses damage with high skills (low range, high cooldown, high reagents)

I'd like to play a pure bard :(

halv

Grandmaster
Bard is a good teamplayer, even a pure provo or discordance bard. To have fun with a pure solo bard, there must be some kind of benefit. Agreed.
But if you team up with your guildies to do some PvE, the bard is a very useful helper.