PVP is so umballanced and need fixing!

skeletore1

Neophyte
When you see a red run on the screen 99.9% of the time they are a mage and there is a reason for this. They nerfed other play styles where the only viable option to really being a successful pk is to use magery.

Stealth archer, Stealth Deadly poison classes are pretty much obsolete here among many others. Archery is pretty much pointless to even try to PK with because you can't shoot while running and the time between attacks with bows or xbows is so slow. Stealth deadly poison melee is pretty much useless too as a pk. I say this because everyone is pretty much on a mount and since you can't stealth on a mount a Stealthing PK means you can't keep up with them to even hit them.

What they need to do is either make it where you can stealth on mounts or remove mounts entirely. They also need to make archery fire a little faster. Then you can bring back stealth with full set of leather at gm. Right now as it is there is absolutely no reason to gm stealth and that's ridiculous. Every skill should have a perk to being gm in. So, why not make it where you can stealth with a full set of Chain armor at GM with a weapon or shield of any kind. Then make it where if you have gm tracking you can tell if the player in the area is criminal, pk or blue.

Poisoning is also kinda messed up. You deadly poison someone with your weapon and they instant cure with one potion meaning before the poisen really has a chance to do any dmg they have already cured it. Deadly poison should take at least 3 greater cures to cure.

i have played on this server quite sometime (over 1 year) and I have never died from a pk other then a mage. They need to start making other play styles more viable in pvp so every pk isn't a mage. Stealthing up to somone with my deadly poisoned katana and ambushing them just to have them cure with 1 click and out run me on a mount so this play style as a pk is not even a viable option is lame and makes for a 100% mage pk server mostly.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
stealth to them and mount up before you attack?

If youre having trouble killing unsuspecting farmers as a stealth PK youre doing it wrong :(

diminished

Grandmaster
I think you should modify your template a bit. Stealth isn't really that viable in a pvp template. If you want a sneaky and entertaining build I'd go hiding music Provo tactics healing anat wep skill and just Hide near a high end mob, wait for tamer, Provo mob on said tamer.

This is the @Fattson "lion in the brush" pk build

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
When you see a red run on the screen 99.9% of the time they are a mage and there is a reason for this. They nerfed other play styles where the only viable option to really being a successful pk is to use magery.

Stealth archer, Stealth Deadly poison classes are pretty much obsolete here among many others. Archery is pretty much pointless to even try to PK with because you can't shoot while running and the time between attacks with bows or xbows is so slow. Stealth deadly poison melee is pretty much useless too as a pk. I say this because everyone is pretty much on a mount and since you can't stealth on a mount a Stealthing PK means you can't keep up with them to even hit them.

What they need to do is either make it where you can stealth on mounts or remove mounts entirely. They also need to make archery fire a little faster. Then you can bring back stealth with full set of leather at gm. Right now as it is there is absolutely no reason to gm stealth and that's ridiculous. Every skill should have a perk to being gm in. So, why not make it where you can stealth with a full set of Chain armor at GM with a weapon or shield of any kind. Then make it where if you have gm tracking you can tell if the player in the area is criminal, pk or blue.

Poisoning is also kinda messed up. You deadly poison someone with your weapon and they instant cure with one potion meaning before the poisen really has a chance to do any dmg they have already cured it. Deadly poison should take at least 3 greater cures to cure.

i have played on this server quite sometime (over 1 year) and I have never died from a pk other then a mage. They need to start making other play styles more viable in pvp so every pk isn't a mage. Stealthing up to somone with my deadly poisoned katana and ambushing them just to have them cure with 1 click and out run me on a mount so this play style as a pk is not even a viable option is lame and makes for a 100% mage pk server mostly.
Check from 2:30 on.

thestand

Grandmaster
A friend and I have played stealth pks a lot and it's always been a blast.
Would be nice to get sallos stealth steps fixed.

kolbycrouch

Master
I'm an old AOS player coming in as a newbie to this server and to UO:R.

I kill ~75% of the blues I raid in dungeons. None of my red dexxers have magery.

Stealth is a fine mechanic. Great for pvp in a large group. Great for thieving as a solo player.

Being invisible to everyone, most come with a certain price right?

if you stealth up to someone and mount your ethy and then commence your attack you will likely pk them actually at a higher rate of success then when you run up to someone on a mage, due to most farmers having recall hotkeys and reflect. most of them never see it coming. try it and i'm sure you'll agree

Baby Blue

Master
Are you trying to say that dexxers are not strong enough? If yes, I say lol. Many strong dexxers killing many people. There is a reason why some of the best pvp mages plays a dexxer when they are soloing. I suggest you to stop making any threads.

well everyone for the most part uses magery for a reason and there isn't a great deal of template diversity. alchey stun mage, tank mage, dexxer with magery. oh and stun tamer (with magery)

but with the typo's...

drasked

Grandmaster

Dexers are both strong and easy to use. Your logic however, very weak and difficult to understand.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Dexers vs mages is pretty balanced after getting used to this server. I know in the beginning at first glance it seemed like mages were way over powered. Yes they can output a ton of damage quickly but if you get a heal pot and off screen till your bandage goes off the mage is left with low mana. If you put up your own counter against them they will be forced to conserve mana to heal.

If you're out numbered against 2 or more mages and get stunned you are most likely fucked if they know how to sync drop. Only escape usually is already being at 120 hp and getting a heal pot off or hoping they mis-time their drop.