PvP questions

Orbry

Hello folks! I`m new here (both in UO and this forum), and as any other newbie I got a problem... A PK problem. All my attempts of fighting them back were, uhm, I`ll just leave a Homer Simpson`s quote "You tryed your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.". So after searching for PvP guides on forum, the only reference I found was this sentence
Much of this has been addressed in the Starter Guide: http://www.uoforever.com/guides.php and the PVP Guide: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4172 so please reference those guides first before continuing here, if only for the sake of furthering your understanding of...
from this thread http://www.uoforum.com/threads/how-to-survive-an-attack.5865/
And I would`ve gladly followed those directions, if they were available. It seems that this forum has recently (or maybe not recently) changed the engine, and guides section of site is empty, and link refers to old forum. I was trying to search through this forum for any PvP guides, but to no success. If anyone knows where this storage of knowledge is located now, or maybe if you have a copy of it, I would really appreciate if you share it here!

Orbry

Ok, seems like the guide is lost in time :)
Then I`ll just write my questions here, hopefully some expierenced players will help.

1) Why can`t I move while casting a spell? I believe I saw players being able to cast while moving, or was it just my imagination?

2) How much time it takes to drink a potion? Can I move while drinking? Is there a delay before I can drink a second potion?

3) What are those special combat moves and what do they do? Well, I can imagine that 'stunning blow' will stun (but for how long? is it 100% chance? how big is a cooldown for the skill?), but what does 'crushing blow' and other moves do?

4) Does weapon damage depends on ore it has been crafted from? Or does it depends only on weapon type and magic properties?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Ok, seems like the guide is lost in time :)
Then I`ll just write my questions here, hopefully some expierenced players will help.

1) Why can`t I move while casting a spell? I believe I saw players being able to cast while moving, or was it just my imagination?

2) How much time it takes to drink a potion? Can I move while drinking? Is there a delay before I can drink a second potion?

3) What are those special combat moves and what do they do? Well, I can imagine that 'stunning blow' will stun (but for how long? is it 100% chance? how big is a cooldown for the skill?), but what does 'crushing blow' and other moves do?

4) Does weapon damage depends on ore it has been crafted from? Or does it depends only on weapon type and magic properties?

1. No you can't move and cast, though sometimes it may look like someone is doing that. Spells have different "cast times", so if someone casts a lower level spell its possible to do it so it looks like they're moving and casting, but they aren't

2. Potions are instant, and yes you can move and drink a potion. The only potion with a delay before being able to drink another one is heal potions. Also, you can only drink one strength or agility potion at a time. You have to wait for it's effects to wear off before drinking another one.

3. There are 3 types of special moves: crushing, paralyzing, and concussion blows. Crushing blows are done by war hammers (macing) and does some extra damage per hit. Paralyzing blows are done by spears and short spears (fencing), and temporarily stop the opponent from moving for a short time (2 seconds or so). Concussion blows are done by axes (swordsmanship) and temporarily halves the opponents intelligence. Each attack has a % chance to land one of these attacks. Concussion blows don't stack either, so you can't keep halving the opponents intelligence

4. Ore type doesn't affect weapon damage, just durability. What determines a weapons damage is properties...exceptional/nonexceptional if they are man made, or ruin/might/force/power/vanquishing if they are magic weapons. Accuracy modifiers on magic weapons also give a boost to damage (accurate/supremely accurate etc)

Hope that helps