Rare Tameables shoudnt be predictable.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I think that all the rares should be removed from timers and instead replaced with a % chance of spawning in place of a particular mob. ie. shadow dragon rather then regular dragon (yes i realize this is just a hue spawn of the same mob, but I sure it can be coded to spawn an entirely different mob in place of another one)
So you could go with replacing a particular dread spider with a beetle on a small % chance or make it even more fun and have it so any dread spider can spawn as a beetle and reduce the spawn chance even lower.
This could be done for all rare mobs making farming a particular area part of getting a rare pet (ie, the wolf campers) and no just jumping in exactly X hours from the time the last nightmare was tamed. I dont really see any drawbacks here at the right (low) chance of spawning rares stay rare and farming (certain) mobs can be hit with a nice big surprise.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Not sure I can see any reason not to. Would be great to have beetles spawn anywhere dreads spawn and nightmares any where bally can spawn... And so on.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Seems like nothing but support for this idea hopefully devs see this before v&v goes live. I would love to see super rare pets that only spawn in place of creature that only exist very rarely ie. shadow bally, or the red aw in hyth. Could even make something fun like a mobs that smacks pets but has a chance to spawn as one of the best new tamables.

Staff

Young Player Help
I'm pretty sure it is a uoforever of this. I believe it is on a timer but when the timer resets, it's based on a percentage chance. I'll have to look.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Even rideable wolves spanning spawning in place of regular wolves would be fun... Not wanting to kill a market but actively searching out your rare pet and playing the game rather then watching the latest episode of the walking dead while waiting for the next one to spawn just seems more appropriate.

TriXa

Grandmaster
Bablehoven allready opened a nice Thread about it. That RarePet's are spawning Random around the map / places with random timers. So it cant be farmed from some Big guilds.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I like babe's idea but there is a small difference, Being that you actually can work a spawn to get a reward which is more exciting then wandering the forest but either way a change along either line would be an improvement.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure it is a uoforever of this. I believe it is on a timer but when the timer resets, it's based on a percentage chance. I'll have to look.
Did that look bring any results? I would like to see no timers and just %chance of spawning to promote farming your rare pets.