1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Changes - June 2016

Discussion in 'Patch Notes Archive' started by Staff, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Young Star

Young Star Grandmaster

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    Over a year and a half at least when i first joined. The wisp is newer, maybe 6 months. If a player attacks a young player they get frozen for 30 seconds or something. I heard summoned demons can attack them freely.

You were dueling a young player? Not being able to poison them may be a side effect of the pvp limits on them. Monsters can definitely poison them.

2. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Grandmaster

Dec 28, 2013
    Lord Puffy
    Im so glad they finally changed spell timers. Best change in awhile.

5X? People dtill do that?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

3. stunoma.

stunoma. Grandmaster

Jun 26, 2013
    Young player system should be squashed completely. There's a noob dungeon which new players should go to. Any other dungeon should be fair game. So many little turds farming freely with vanqs abusing the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 people like this.
  4. Markess

Markess Master

Apr 27, 2016
    Bad Newz, S k i t t l e s
    One bad apple shouldent spoil the bunch. Seriously.

5. Markess

Markess Master

Apr 27, 2016
    Bad Newz, S k i t t l e s
    Yes one was at the pits dueling people he asked me to duel him , I guess cause he knew nobody could poison him in a duel and thought it was a easy way to get win/loss score up that way.

If they can't be poisoned in a duel then they shouldn't be able to challenge to a duel either.

There are ways to make it more fair without totally nerfing the system. Don't forget this is the system that helps make peoples minds up to keep playing UO here or not. More players = Better server.

These changes are all GOOD. I just hope the didn't mess with New Player system because it was fine how it was minus the need for some tweaking even with some people abusing the system. SOME People are going to do things like that and it shouldn't ruin it for all.

6. Alucard

Alucard Grandmaster

Dec 29, 2013
    I hope the damage from higher level runic weapon will be strengthened
    if not - run vs faster cast mages with 1-2 mil weapons will be mooore unprofitable

maybe give some LJ bonus for all swords not only for axe ? )) :rolleyes:
    example proportion GM LJ +20% for axe +10% for all other swords

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  7. Young Star

Young Star Grandmaster

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    From what I tested with just a power I will say you better have some decent armor against a LJ. 32AR I was still hitting for 48HP. You still got the really funky spread though. I was either hitting for 14 or 48.

8. lollo

lollo Grandmaster

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    Yeah everyone was running with 1-2m weapons before The change. It'll suck not being able to loot 2 valorite runics a day on my gankmage

9. Athrez

Athrez Grandmaster

Oct 31, 2014
    Heli
    Some spells, like Mind Blast, are way too fast considering they usually hit 90% of the time over 30s. Now many seem to spam mind blast with explo pots in group and solo fights.

I play a dexxer most of the time. I can change my stats to around 90 90 45, yeah but the mind blast would still hit over 30s when considering I keep myself full potted. Going with stats like 100 85 40 apparently does 24 dmg, and that is still sick a lot of DMG and the spell is super fast. There is no way to do that much dps on +50 leather armours on a dexer. Going low str & dex is out of the question for a dexxer imo. Need high dex for fastest swings at possible and bandage heal time. Need the str to survive drops and to hit hardest as possible the enemy.

Just my few cents.. Take this post as you want.. I won't probably have time following this thread and replying as much as I would like to. If you don't see me anymore faction PvPing you know the reason.. Changing spell timings is kinda a big deal for many oldschool gamers. For faster casting there is AOS and other shitty modified servers to play.

ps. LJ is already as tough as it was meant to be. I know why it was changed but just wanting to point it out. Also I don't think the dmg buff in general would be good. It's kinda the same as lowering the spell timings.. Just in general I didn't like the changes but I know not everyone can be satisfied. So I understand. :)

Peace :)

5 people like this.
  10. MZ3K

MZ3K Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2015
    Thank god. LJ needs a buff. With stun tamers nerfed the number of meaningfully different viable PvP templates looked a little thin.

11. MZ3K

MZ3K Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2015
    The hope is that those little turds will make some $ and get invested in the server and stick around. Player turnover is huge.

For evidence, look at the number of members of this forum (people who have ever created an account) and the number of current active players (about 700?).

We (established players) can tolerate a few obnoxious turds for the sake of maintaining a healthy population.

12. MZ3K

MZ3K Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2015
    That seems to be how it works. If you get attacked while pets are guarding, they will try to bite back until the player offscreens, then you have to use all kill. What's he mistaken about?

2 people like this.
  13. Hunter-

Hunter- Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2015
    minblast imba,healing in ass, and now fast cast :D
    but we can attack people in stun!!! omg!!!! DEXX BUFF!!!!

now very, very, very hard still alive when good mage start attack
    dexx now just a joke

after 1-2 patch play on dexx will be imposible

some suggestion to next patch-
    bandage timer with 120 dex -15 sec
    katana too fast - need low speed like a warhammer
    minblast damage with 75 75 75 stats - 35
    dexx cant use heal and stamina potion
    dexx cant have a house

4 people like this.
  14. lollo

lollo Grandmaster

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    Dexers Are still good just quit crying

15. MZ3K

MZ3K Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2015
    Does archery work in stun mode?

16. Hunter-

Hunter- Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2015
    only vs tottaly noobs

17. MZ3K

MZ3K Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2015
    I think that that's the idea.

The dexxer is easier to play decently but harder to play dominantly.
    The mage is harder to play decently but easier to play dominantly.

18. Hunter-

Hunter- Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2015
    maybe just pvp mechanic broken ?

19. MZ3K

MZ3K Grandmaster

Nov 29, 2015
    I agree that that's not desirable. We've got a situation where one class is the best for players of a certain ability.

It'd be more interesting if there were three classes such that, player ability being equal,

A beats B, B beats C, and C beats A.

but that small differences in player ability would make it possible for a player of one class to beat a player of any other class.

20. Hunter-

Hunter- Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2015
    A beats B, B beats C, and C beats A.

not in this game

i am hate disbalance