Recovering an account

Tiberious

I played uo forever when it launched. Built up a decent amount of stuff & skills. I'd like to play again but have long since lost my login. I did add an email to the account which I still use. Anyway my question is can I recover this account and how would I go about that? Thanks.

andomin

Master
Go to your UO folder under User Data, and it will list all of the account names you've previously used. Enter common passwords that you've used and see if you can log back in.

Tiberious

Go to your UO folder under User Data, and it will list all of the account names you've previously used. Enter common passwords that you've used and see if you can log back in.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I've long since uninstalled the game so the original data is gone. As I'd verified the account by entering an email I'd hoped it'd be possible to get request a reminder or something but it's looking like the accounts are gone. :(

Hobin Rood

Journeyman
I think you should be prepared for the worst. GM's are very carefull with handing out account names. this is an security issue. I can remember from other 'big' shards that GM's are not allowed to give these usernames.

have you ever donated? perhaps the GM's can check the old log for that and give the name of they are really sure 'it is really you'

good luck!

Mr.Scruff

Neophyte
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I've long since uninstalled the game so the original data is gone. As I'd verified the account by entering an email I'd hoped it'd be possible to get request a reminder or something but it's looking like the accounts are gone. :(

try looking for:

C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data

or something like that. It's a different directory than the one the UO program is actually installed in

(I'm on win7)