Red candles, Red Players, Falling houses, OH MY!

tr1age

Master
Sitting a'top the Britain bank, I listened as the peddlers, well peddled their wares. Their voices all together, a blur, yet distinguishable. I had gotten used to this melody, as it kept me calm as I gathered my thoughts between my adventures into the wilds of Sosaria.

But I heard a voice boom like thunder over the rest, as it said, "There is a house about to crumble at the hands of the gods, if you wish to partake in the bounty, enter through the mysterious green gate in front of the Britain Bank, however, enter at your own risk!"

msdRSck.png

A Risk? Bounty? Reward? I was in. I immediately jumped into the portal almost tripping through it onto the concrete floor on the other side.

o8fO0cc.png

Immediately using my skills of stealth I hid as I realized this was not going to be an easy journey to the riches I was looking for.

I snuck into the house the best I could

sQ73qez.png

Tripping over the feet of horses and their shit on the once clean floors. I looked around for the best bounty if this house were to crumble, what would I grab first? I checked a few of the travelers bags as well, as they sat there waiting, unsuspecting. Nothing good though, of course. Damn trammelites.

I continued to move around the house best I could, luckily it was such a clammering mess my heavy shit covered foot steps were masked by the "Oooooo"s and "ahhhh"s of the people looking through the goods of whoever lived here prior. No respect for the past, I suppose. Was this person dead though? Ahh what did I care, I just wanted riches.

As I thought I found a safe place to lie and wait.... I heard crackling of thunder and lighting again and then I saw it through the crowd's leather armor and weapons placed upon their backs, through a crack in the old stone walls, shaking from such a disturbance.... the red candles...

OdUYOse.png

Then you could hear the demons surrounding the home, making their presence known way louder than ours. I decided perhaps it was not the best idea to stand in the middle of a structure about to collapse and made my way outside to seek a better vantage point for my plundering!

But not only were the red candles burning bright, those with eyes filled with blood and hands covered in it too, came running from the north!!!

PJbVoWm.png

They were known as EQ.MS... feared one might say. What do I say? I don't say, for I am not in the body trade business.

They kept coming in droves:

SjjETm6.png

Many unsuspecting fell, I carefully continued my journey in the shadows, keeping a keen eye on the home, waiting for my chance to strike. These murderous heathens would just help distract the rest of the gold crazed heathens from my sticky fingers!!!

Finally being pushed back by the brave and tamed dragons, alas I will never understand taming a beast such as that, one day it will eat the head that feeds it.

82m0qtu.png

I returned to the front of the home to see what damage the demons had done to the walls as they were climbing it and smash on it with their heads and claws the last I saw, not only keeping it intact by their sheer numbers, but preventing those inside from leaving as well. As I thought, it was cracked beyond repair and the very foundation began to tremble, sending even the demons fleeing in all directions.

xzKgifg.png

To the ground the rocks and paintings fell, those inside covering their heads with shields and their steel blades. Some knocked unconscious, others dead from decorative armor penetrating their town faring clothes.

mLFV9ru.png

I made my way slowly around the crowd, their screams masked my presence. Grabbing magical scrolls, beautiful statues, and tubs of rare paint. Anything I could sling into my bag or grab from theirs!

I left quickly through my own portal and secured the items to my home. I returned once more to pick the bones of the dead. I was not the only one, this once beautiful home was now a grave for the greedy.

sELbPjr.jpg

BrDSSST.png

Rest in peace he/she who lived in such a castle. Rest in peace those who dared step foot from the safety of town.
I, back atop the bank, listening to the crys begin to chime out again across the streets. The calming voices of those selling their wares echoing out again. Me going through my spoils in my bank box, grin upon my face, catching the eyes of the newer peddlers as they chimed out about their "new wares" they had for sale, same grin upon their faces.

Last edited by a moderator: