regs prices for militia capture point

Swango

Apprentice
A temporary price reduction is bad for a merchant, StrawberryInYourFace. I don't care if it is 2/4 or 3/5. Just fix a price and keep it. The player who bought 2/4 regs looks at my goods and says "too high."

Firecrest

Grandmaster
Including supplying kegs how many people are going to force crafters to lower their regs because there is a chance to get it slightly lower. I don't mind the price at 3/5 if it was stable. I sell hundreds of kegs, scrolls ad use gate regs like drugs so I am willing to lose that slight discountfor market stability.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I can't say this any better than the above, so just here to show my support. Market stability.

Especially since I captured the point and all resources are 80% of the cost. So blank scrolls that some of us waste 50k a week on to create slayer books and extra charge runebooks at a 2% rate, and then a random chance to get the one we want making that rate like .1%. that's right saved 1 gp per scroll.

Wildboar

Master
Changes of the basic prices have a great influence (consequences) on the whole crafting community. Once you spend months or years building up a shop at certain prices any change in prices especially and upward price just destroys your business. This may sound petty to non shop keepers but not everyone has an uber connection or the desire to gang bang with a bunch of kids.

A temporary price reduction is bad for a merchant, StrawberryInYourFace. I don't care if it is 2/4 or 3/5. Just fix a price and keep it. The player who bought 2/4 regs looks at my goods and says "too high."

Okay Swango, that actually makes sense.
Before even then the regs coast was wrapped up in pvp, it was easier to benefit from it by just making a faction toon. Now this is solely on a guild who captures the point. That’s understandable.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I do want to point out that my guild is one of the largest and longest vendor runners, butler suppliers in the game. I now some items are gathered by pvm like runes and soul forge ingredients. which is good it keeps those items at a higher value like the current high price of certain runes.
What my issue is that with militia and going back to factions we will always be on a resource chase to save a gp and lower our prices. I have always said I am not running things like Walmart it is terrible for other members and leads to a terrible price structure.

If you want to include non pvp people like crafters give us things to work with the militia like again wands, mount speed increase, special militia only armor and weapons or horse barding deeds to make in game horses better. (sirs idea)

I mean it will be my guild with 10 members (like my gm cook) in militias to recall to the mage shops purchase supplies and quickly log out. This is going to inflate the numbers and I am more than willing to make more sub guilds to ensure that we have 10 chars in every militia to reap those benefits which isn't fair to the true militias, you guys in terms of monitoring the participation nor does it benefit anyone in the militias because I am not crafting for them I am simply trying to keep my kegs 500 gp lower.

I am not anti militia I am pro working together to make items and help each other.

I would be up for a special item to allow us to craft militia items. maybe a certain level on skills and only a militia person can purchase the item with militia points or what ever and give it to a crafter they trust to assist with the crafting.

There are different playing styles In Ultima Online. This is why we love uo so much and keep coming back. But no one should be forced to play a way that doesn’t interest them only because they could benefit better. Everyone wants cheap resources, but you guys are right, if it is not stable, then how do our crafters able to compete with prices with such a dramatic difference.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Holly molly. Greedy crafters surprised me. Already missing faction reg vendor prices.
Please elaborate how this is about greed. This discussion is not about the removal of faction reg prices, we all liked that. It's about ONE small pvp community having access to cheap regs. Allowing them to craft with huge profits while undercutting default crafting costs, meaning it makes every other crafter on this shard obsolete.

Baby Blue

Master
Please elaborate how this is about greed. This discussion is not about the removal of faction reg prices, we all liked that. It's about ONE small pvp community having access to cheap regs. Allowing them to craft with huge profits while undercutting default crafting costs, meaning it makes every other crafter on this shard obsolete.
Wow... It would be something to fight for? Just like it used to be in factions. I've always bought my regs using faction reg vendors. Did it ruin the market before? Keep in mind that this isn't something new. I thought they added militias to get more players involved.

Most of the pvpers aren't crafters. If you wanna be a crafter with cheaper regs, then you should consider playing the game as it was meant to be played. You'll get benefits if you fight for them. Risk vs. reward. Isn't this why they added militias? I don't personally care about pve xp boosts or pet resurrection. However cheaper regs are something I'd fight for. I hardly see any difference between order vs chaos and militias now except militias are more pve friendly system. Obviously this is something you won't understand.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I don't think you truly understood how factions, or the Militias worked Baby Blue..

Factions:
Faction conquers town - set's tax rate - all players gain the benefit of reduced resource costs from NPC's. Faction can add vendors, so that their faction has access to even more regs, but still everyone could already access the reduced resource costs from NPC's.

Militias: (and this was removed already i believe)
1 capture stone for lower reagents, resets every 30 minutes - the 1 guild who holds it at any one time, get's reduced resource costs from NPC's... 1 guild, that's it!! If the same guild (read as zerg guild, on all times of day) were to hold it, and hold a monopoly, it would extremely erode crafter pricing.

What should have happened:
There are ways to roll it out, so that all guilds had an equal chance to enjoy the lower regs, so it wouldn't ruin the economy:
  • Allow militias to capture towns and set a tax rate, for all to enjoy the same price in that town, while the guild who captures and holds the stone gets bonus bounty points for dollars spent. This would also allow them to over tax, and raise prices if they wanted.
  • Add it as a perk, much like the taming debacle. An up front cost, for a guild to enjoy lower reg costs for a week, one that has to be worked towards by capturing bounty points.. (only works with more options to collect bounty points so they can't be monopolized)

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you truly understood how factions, or the Militias worked Baby Blue..

Factions:
Faction conquers town - set's tax rate - all players gain the benefit of reduced resource costs from NPC's. Faction can add vendors, so that their faction has access to even more regs, but still everyone could already access the reduced resource costs from NPC's.

Militias: (and this was removed already i believe)
1 capture stone for lower reagents, resets every 30 minutes - the 1 guild who holds it at any one time, get's reduced resource costs from NPC's... 1 guild, that's it!! If the same guild (read as zerg guild, on all times of day) were to hold it, and hold a monopoly, it would extremely erode crafter pricing.

What should have happened:
There are ways to roll it out, so that all guilds had an equal chance to enjoy the lower regs, so it wouldn't ruin the economy:
  • Allow militias to capture towns and set a tax rate, for all to enjoy the same price in that town, while the guild who captures and holds the stone gets bonus bounty points for dollars spent. This would also allow them to over tax, and raise prices if they wanted.
  • Add it as a perk, much like the taming debacle. An up front cost, for a guild to enjoy lower reg costs for a week, one that has to be worked towards by capturing bounty points.. (only works with more options to collect bounty points so they can't be monopolized)

Was just a test, nothing was even rolled out, nothing was announced or posted as far as i know.
Patience!