Ressing on corpse

Hello,
I was just wondering if there was any particular reason why when resurrected on top of my corpse I do not get ressed into that body with all my gear on and items in their respective places?
-if doable that would be a nice feature
-if it's not wanted by the player base, why?

I just started a couple months ago with a bud and just have to say that this shard is fantastic, some of the scripts are very impressive (e.g. the zombie event attacks were pretty damn neat) So big ups to the staff for the time and effort.

-IdiotJerkFace

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Major downside to this is things would be too easy. Need to give your murderers a chance to loot their kill.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Major downside to this is things would be too easy. Need to give your murderers a chance to loot their kill.

Murderers would have lots of time... you still have to get someone to come res you… that should give the guilty party enough time to gather whatever they want.

C

Carl

This is Age of Shadows feature and takes away from looting. We would never implement this feature outside of events. It's part of the reason we don't stack pots. Rather make people loot them.

Lexington

Grandmaster
This is Age of Shadows feature and takes away from looting. We would never implement this feature outside of events. It's part of the reason we don't stack pots. Rather make people loot them.

I didn't know this was actually a feature once upon a time, maybe I’m getting old and my memory is failing me?!?!

C

Carl

Yes before they implemented insurance on items on EA/OSI you were able to get all your items if you were resurrected on your corpse and it would redress you as well.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Yes before they implemented insurance on items on EA/OSI you were able to get all your items if you were resurrected on your corpse and it would redress you as well.

I remember the insurance... that was so lame. I also remember when you rezed half your items were left on your body and half you got to keep…. You also got kicked out of the dungen for 15 to 20 minuites. We still have screen shots of 20 to 30 players outside of Destard waiting to get back in for revenge. Those days were a blast.

I'm in agreement with everyone that AoS insurance is quite ridiculous and takes the fun and skill out of the game. I must have been wrong or played a free server very long ago that had this feature well before AoS was released (I played osi up till this ), because I could have sworn this was an original implement. Now I'm beginning to suspect that my brief and exceedingly lame AoS run has ruined my memory.

-If there was a way to do it where if the person doing the ressing was being attacked or poisoned etc. it would just res you as it does currently, but if you're not being attacked it would res you into your body perhaps?

thanks for the replies

-IdiotJerkFace

I had just remembered, that the way to make this more pvp friendly is if you use a dagger on the corpse it cuts it into pieces and leaves a skeleton so you cannot res directly back into that body.

Just a thought.

-IdiotJerkFace

Cerebellum

Grandmaster

Pots were stacked during Battle for Wind testing, I was hoping it was only going to stay there. Thanks for confirming this won't be coming in the future :)