Returning player Koldes/Corpulant from Atlantic server (98-04)

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Hey all,

My name is James, and I used to play on the Atlantic server from 98sh-2004sh under the names Corpulant and Koldes. I used to love mage pvp, that's what I did mostly. I used to pvp for hours on end either killing reds or defending my guild's champ spawns from attacks. I was in guilds like DEI and HOT, if memory serves. I don't know any specific statistic, but I remember being one of the top pvpers on Atlantic back then. Anyone else around from this time period or Atlantic? I can't remember anyone's names of my old friends off the top of my head, the only thing I can really remember is that my main pvp rivals were two guys named "Bud" and "Jason" that ran rival guilds. I'd love to meet up with them one day if they play this!

I just found out that UOF even exists, this past weekend, and am incredibly addicted like I'm 14 all over again (regardless of being 32!) I'm working up my first character and am looking to get involved in all of the end game stuff like champing, pvp, etc. So thankful that this game exists, I've never been able to find anything like the hay day of UO and couldn't be happier to start playing again.

Thanks all

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I was you about 8 months ago, back after 15 years away, played on GL... This place is great, lots of players, lots of content. You're going to love it here, just don't try to do too much all at once, you'll burn yourself out! Take it all in, and enjoy it all again..

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Awesome advice! I met up with a couple of people and they're excited to get me into PvPing at a high level again, but, I'm 32 now, full time job, wife, dogs, volunteer work, a little bit of exercise, etc. I have had to resist them and let them know I'm going to work hard, but, I'm also going to take it slow, enjoy the "newb" feeling again, and I'll get there one day! Going to definitely enjoy the ride, not burn myself out - and this time around, I plan on making UO a nice little addition and enjoyment to my life, rather than the 14 year old me making it my entire life. (Sad, but accurate!)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I think when it first launched it was everyone's entire life who played it! I played in my early twenties, I would go out to the bar, come home and play drunk, until I passed out.. was pretty sad, and yet incredibly fun hearing about how I was a daemon in PvP the night before, and the odd time I couldn't even remember it *laughs*

But your right, an addition, and enjoyment to life is the best way to look at it now, being 40, with two kids, a wife, all whom I love to spend time with, I'm trying to balance the game at a high end level, and finding it's easier to just be a casual who dabbles his toes in the water of PvP every now and then, when friends are on..

KoldesLives

Journeyman
That's really nice of you, Fuschino. I've been able to make around 50-75k or so as a good starting point, so I think I'm okay with money without a helping hand. Much appreciated!

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
HAR! I don't know you but I certainly recall your name from DEI and HOT. That was a crazy time for champ spawns on Atlantic. Good to see you here. I keep waiting to see Saks pop up here !!

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Thanks so much, Zog! That feels great to have someone remember me :) I can't remember, what was Sak's full name? The name rings a bell. My memory is starting to come back to me. I remember we used to have forums, and one thing that sticks out to me is at that time, she was obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbeans!

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Wasn't it Sakkarah ? The forums were the old Atlantic Treasure hunters forums too I think.

You should recall guys like Rafman, Lagos, Brittany and Thalium.

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Wow, those are some blasts from the past. I totally remember Rafman and Sakkarah. I believe Raf was a big timer, super rich, but not a great PvPer if I remember right! Man, I miss those times.

I'd love to network and connect with as many people possible, but specifically former Atlantic peeps - add me on discord! AtlanticKoldes #6808.

KoldesLives

Journeyman
I just found HOT's guild forums, and the guy Link that I used to play with 15 years ago is still active. Can't believe that!

Last edited:

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Well, seeing these names and Paperdolls of my old council was one of the biggest smiles I've had in a long time

http://www.hot-guild.com/council.html (mods, please remove this if you find it inappropriate. I'm not trying to link to a different game or forums, just trying to recognize previous users from the past :) )

I remember each and every one of those people. socress was a mouthy little butthead who was like a little brother, I loved that guy. Calamaity was AWWWFFULLLL at PvP, but had one of the best hearts I've seen in the game.

It's hilarious to see the "ICQ" numbers on there. Glad we have those!

Last edited: