Returning player with meta questions.

Chronoh

Neophyte
Just coming back to uo:f after about 4 years. I kept all my houses refreshed during this time , so im still pretty set on gold and gear. I have a ton of slayer weapons and the idea of a meta dexer really appeals to me. So my question is, as a purely solo player, which route should i go. If i go beserk will i be able to live through some of the bigger and badder mobs, or should i just go tank. Ive spoken to a few people and a lot are suggesting beserk/lj, and i think i like that idea, but im afraid ill be super squishy, so im here to see what you guys think. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
It's about playstyle. Do you want to stand still, do nothing, never die and whittle a whole room of mobs down? That's defense tali.

Do you want to run around nonstop killing most stuff so fast you can barely loot it? That's zerker.

Zerker is indeed squishy if you don't wear armor. Armor is an option, it just handicaps your xp so either wear armor at level 10 or keep armor for the intense fights where you simply just need to win. That being said, there are enemies I don't even consider. Para greater dragon? Yeah, no thanks. But nothing compares to how fast a zerker kills, not even taming.

The relics are super expensive but tread is your first priority and the arguable best relic in the game. I also prefer katanas instead of LJ for a few reasons. Less whiffs, better DPS, no defense penalty when slamming pots (and you'll drink a lot).

halv

Grandmaster
A zerker needs to be quick and is depending on pots and sometimes on a heal cast.
I tried zerker with qstaff, axes, bows, war axes and katana. I tried arms lore, lumberjacking, poisoning to get infected wounds benefits and stealth-hiding for phase shift bonus. Like @Ludwig said, it's all depending on your playstyle.
For ex. a greater blood element will go down in around three second with a phase shift and tread combo, three hits and ds procing. If it's still not red lined you are in danger. You need to be quick, drink a heal pot the right moment and you can handle a balron with a slayer katana. But for mobs like that you are depending in your relics.
I dropped arms lore, poisoning and stealth for hiding and magery. Magery with 100% is pretty handy for the max buffs and a quick cure. And hiding is saving my ass a lot.

For everthing else listen to @Ludwig

Ludwig

Grandmaster
A zerker needs to be quick and is depending on pots and sometimes on a heal cast.
I tried zerker with qstaff, axes, bows, war axes and katana. I tried arms lore, lumberjacking, poisoning to get infected wounds benefits and stealth-hiding for phase shift bonus. Like @Ludwig said, it's all depending on your playstyle.
For ex. a greater blood element will go down in around three second with a phase shift and tread combo, three hits and ds procing. If it's still not red lined you are in danger. You need to be quick, drink a heal pot the right moment and you can handle a balron with a slayer katana. But for mobs like that you are depending in your relics.
I dropped arms lore, poisoning and stealth for hiding and magery. Magery with 100% is pretty handy for the max buffs and a quick cure. And hiding is saving my ass a lot.

For everthing else listen to @Ludwig

No, you're on point. I tried lore and LJ and a mix of hiding and magery but gm magery/hiding is beastmode. No regrets dropping lore for hiding.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
so which do u guys suggest for champs?

im assuming champs would be more useful for someone that is tanking..no?

also arch daemon and lich khan stuff? more damage would be better? just curious becuse i made a char and have both talis..lol. havent really started either because im unsure which direction to go in....

halv

Grandmaster
There are champs you got some benefits with a defenser in first level, like Riktor and Mephitis. A defenser can be top score, but i think a zerker will always be on the top when playing from end to beginning.