Returning to old days

Draggor

Neophyte
Greetings,

I once played UO looong time ago from beta in 1996 till huuum, I think 1999 as I moved to EQ beta at this point.. (but who cares)

I am returning and actually, I feel like am discovering a totally new game !
I mean, good ol' graphics, same 'darn I can't catch this pixelled jewel' but SO MANY 'new' stuff around ?!
- New magic school (necromancy, blessings and maybe more)
- Tons of new mobs and a ridable beetle wtf,
- Tons of attributes on clothes and weapons,
- Most likely tons of things I did not discover yet.

So here I am, back in Minoc trying to get some dirty money from rocks and hell... even that changed as the price of things are ridiculous, 2 days mining and melting, smithing some helmets and am still under 500 Gps once I bought my horse and a couple of mules hehe

I just did the Noobie quest (after 2 days mining hehe, I accidently double clicked on the Wisp... (something that would have killed me in ol' days btw), slaughtered a dragon in a hit (like bicyle, it comes back fast ;c) ) got mislead to amid of nowhere by a (I guess) bugged questing arrow (new stuff too here).

Trying to figure out how to come back to Minoc to perfect my smithing and may travel the world later on.

Btw, don't know if it is the good place to, but I experiment a crash game when I try to apply any options ingame (such as transparency) as 'it can't write a file'... pretty annoying, even launching as admin does not fix the issue... will go on with unchanged options I guess.

Ho, and another 'tip', a 'GM' should roam on the \ guild (noobie) to answer the poor souls we are with so many questions hehe (dragon quest for ex, noone could/would tip me on)

Back to adventure and thanks the whole staff and community for feeling like I got 20 years back :c)

Draggor

JennaL

Expert
Hello Draggor.
I'd be happy to address any specific questions you're experiencing if you shoot me a forum pm. That wily dragon in [Young] dungeon is a bit unruly every now and then.

Welcome to UO Forever!

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
there is no necromancy here nor attributes on clothing. Necromancy came with aos expansion as this is pre aos and is mostly uor.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Welcome and there are plenty of good guides written so you can most likely read on most subjects and learn.