Revisiting Red Mob Aggro Change

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Its been few weeks with this new red mob aggro change and I was curious as to what people thought about it now that its been played with for a while.

My thoughts:

1. It seems stupid to have mobs that are already provod or aggrod onto someone break that provo or aggro and switch to a red. It would seem to make more sense to have only unaggrod mobs target reds over blues.

2. The effect this has had on EQMS PKs(which normally run in groups of 4-8 PKs when doing dungeon runs) is that we no longer res blues we kill because its not worth dealing with the 800 mobs that come attacking us while we try to res the vitim.

3. I think overall though this has made PVErs much happier because even though it was rare to see PKs and even rarer to not be able to recall away from PKs (provided you werent farming semi-afk) Im sure they feel safer and more able to fight back with this change.

4. It is disgusting to see the people in discord right now crying so hard about this change... people from guilds like $/POWER or MAGA who are crying about not being able to PK innocent blues. Why dont you guys focus on fighting other players who are actually looking to fight back (e.x. factions). Its a sad time when I see people who claim to be PVPers crying because they cant easily rape blues anymore but at the same time afraid to fight groups (EQMS, Koreans, -7-) who are looking to fight.

I think the change has made the server safer for blues which means more population at a slight expense of PKing becoming harder but Im an old *** ganker with no life so your results may vary.

girana

Grandmaster
but at the same time afraid to fight groups (EQMS, Koreans, -7-) who are looking to fight.

we had today one fight vs eqms and one fight -7- both fights result in the emeny logging off.

no sure were eqms is looking for fights when you guys always log off after a fight.

thestand

Grandmaster
Seems like this is for the players who pvm only in the best dungeon hot spots like shame lvl5 and complain when they get pked yet don't put up a fight and they go right back to the spot they died instead of changing their habits and finding other areas to pvm.

I die all the time but I know what I'm getting myself into before I leave my house. I don't understand what's so bad about dying. It's not like it's permanent. You ress and restock and move on....

Changes like this one makes me feel out of touch with the shard player base and staff.

kolbycrouch

Master
It's odd to kill a tamer with ranged spells while his pets are still attacking the mobs, only to get aggro'd by them when I try to res the tamer.

One problem is that it only makes a huge difference when strong mobs are around.
It takes a decent pvmer to kill strong mobs, the type that should be able to run away.

The change doesn't do anything to help the noobs getting killed in despise lvl 2.

It's still really easy to kill people with an offensive template.
It effects mage pk's worse than dexxers.

I don't love the change, but it doesn't bother me much either.

I just don't want to see another shard turn into a carebear wasteland.

I just figured if you want to make money and be safe, just mine/LJ in guard zone.
Apparently its legal to script if your not afk. The money isn't terrible, and you won't lose items.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I think the aggro change just needs some tweaking. There is room to compromise with how strict mobs adhere to attacking reds over anything else.

Provoked mobs should not break from what they are provoked on.

Mobs that are engaged with a player or pets should not turn away to chase after a red that comes on screen.

When a has a blue set as a mob's target from a distance, say 3-5 tiles or more, it will turn on any red in range regardless if the blue is closer.

We dont need to throw the baby out with the bathwater because something new isnt exactly perfected right when it is first implemented.