rune book dupe deeds.

halygon

Grandmaster
Heck no! Some if us make money off of copying runebooks. If it was as easy as a copy deed, there would be no market.

1ogan

Neophyte
a) maybe some players don't want to trust you/"us" with their runebooks?
b) how would their be no market? you could beat the price of the deed.
c) i'd rather see the gold be deleted by the system rather then some nerd collecting off an euo script marking runebooks all day.

Copy runebook should be a option for scribes. 50 recall and gate scrolls and an empty runebook to create a copied runebook or whatever.

Or something.

Without steam its a pain in the ass. Unless you illegally script it with something else.

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
I don't think that copying runebooks is that much time consuming. I made my t map library in an hour full manual, clicking the icon of the spells and name and dump the runes into the runebook by hand. Considering those sell for over 120k its not bad money for something that is so safe to do. I can't even imagine how faster i would do the job using an uo stream script.

halygon

Grandmaster
a) maybe some players don't want to trust you/"us" with their runebooks?
b) how would their be no market? you could beat the price of the deed.
c) i'd rather see the gold be deleted by the system rather then some nerd collecting off an euo script marking runebooks all day.

A) trusting other players builds the social economy. You can't trust just anyone, but those that have built up their rep of trust took the time.

B) who said there would be no market? I said it would ruin the market for ppl like me who sell full runebooks.

C) Screw you. Some of us take the time to do shit properly and not with banned third party programs.

Do you even understand the purpose of a gold sink? It's not to remove all the gold earned from the economy.. Or prevent effort from getting a fair reward. It's to reduce the amount of gazillionaires on the shard by enticing them to purchase high cost items that the proceeds do not go into the economy.

1ogan

Neophyte
Do you even understand the purpose of a gold sink? It's not to remove all the gold earned from the economy.. Or prevent effort from getting a fair reward. It's to reduce the amount of gazillionaires on the shard by enticing them to purchase high cost items that the proceeds do not go into the economy.

A sink (also sinker, hand basin and wash basin) is a bowl-shaped plumbing fixture used for washing hands, for dishwashing or other purposes.... you can read all about it here

1vHmmti.png

B) who said there would be no market? I said it would ruin the market for ppl like me who sell full runebooks.

Heck no! Some if us make money off of copying runebooks. If it was as easy as a copy deed, there would be no market.

I think that just about sums up your brain

/lastpost

Last edited by a moderator:

sam sam

Master
A) trusting other players builds the social economy. You can't trust just anyone, but those that have built up their rep of trust took the time.

C) Screw you. Some of us take the time to do shit properly and not with banned third party programs.

god you are such a huge kind person.

halygon

Grandmaster
A sink (also sinker, hand basin and wash basin) is a bowl-shaped plumbing fixture used for washing hands, for dishwashing or other purposes.... you can read all about it here
I think that just about sums up your brain

Maybe you can also google what figure of speech means. I'll spell it out for you. If there were runebook copy deeds, it would ruin the market FOR US THAT COPY THEM.

[mention]Cheesestick[/mention] has a good idea by limiting the copying to scribes by making it part of the skill. Pay attention as this is how a good idea works.

Making an idea a gold sink does not make it a good one.

P.S. - Next time try to use the correct form of a word when linking to the wiki page for it.

god you are such a huge kind person.

I don't feed trolls, go away.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I just want to say whoa. First and foremost I do not like the idea as it's already too easy to canvas every inch of a huge ass map...so I don't like the idea overall but if implemented it had better cost a lot. And that wouldn't make sense because copying books doesn't really take all that long, so what's a reasonable price?

And about the gold sync/sink stuff...it's a common mistake people make. But what in the heck would it mean to synchronize gold?

A gold sink, on the other hand, is a reference to a drain. In some places that's what it's called, matter or fact. But that is the purpose of a gold sink...to drain money from the economy. Down the drain!

Or maybe you can think of it like a ship. I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one and it kinda conveys the same idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
A gold sink, on the other hand, is a reference to a drain. In some places that's what it's called, matter or fact. But that is the purpose of a gold sink...to drain money from the economy. Down the drain!

I guess I never thought of it as an expensive kitchen/bathroom item.

I have always heard it referred to a sink -- not the hardware in kitchens and bathrooms but the idea of a computer black hole where there is an input but no output. In the case of the vendor, it takes gold (actual in game currency) as an input and makes it disappear as though going into a black hole.

Cookie

I think this is a very good idea. Making copies of runebooks is so annoying. Trusting people to do it for you is sketchy. I've had someone do it for me before and they put them in the wrong order, messed up the location and whatnot.

I pvp so I have like to have runes almost everywhere with cut-offs. I'd say most people have at least 3 runebooks. On my pvpers I have closer to 5-7. Very time-consuming making copies for each character I have.

Having it so you can make them on a scribe or maybe make a deed for others to use would be cool. Kind of like how you can make repair deeds with blacksmiths. Or do it through the gold sink npc... I don't really care how it gets done but at least scribes could benefit from the other recommended method.

The market will be fine, its less time for everyone. Stop crying.

SuperHans

Neophyte
God, people on here are so lazy and want everything served on a plate.
As soon theres something thats taking more than a minute of effort ingame you can bet theres a suggestion on the forums to make it even easier.
The last thing we need is to make this shard more lazy-friendly.

Cookie

God, people on here are so lazy and want everything served on a plate.
As soon theres something thats taking more than a minute of effort ingame you can bet theres a suggestion on the forums to make it even easier.
The last thing we need is to make this shard more lazy-friendly.

Why are you against saving time? My time is valuable to me. People have things to do IRL. I would like to cut down on the tedious things and get to the fun part of UO. Is it lazy or smart? I think the latter.

SuperHans

Neophyte
Why are you against saving time? My time is valuable to me. People have things to do IRL. I would like to cut down on the tedious things and get to the fun part of UO. Is it lazy or smart? I think the latter.
Its a part of the game.. People actually make money by doing things you and i dont have the time to do.
I dont have the time to make a smith and craft myself weapons. That doesnt mean i want them to add crafted weapons on npc's.
If we make everything simple there will be much less things to do ingame. More and more gameplay-styles are being removed the more of these things we add.

sam sam

Master
Its a part of the game.. People actually make money by doing things you and i dont have the time to do.
I dont have the time to make a smith and craft myself weapons. That doesnt mean i want them to add crafted weapons on npc's.
If we make everything simple there will be much less things to do ingame. More and more gameplay-styles are being removed the more of these things we add.
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

why would they not add this you idiot.....it makes the game less tedious, deletes gold, and trolls your kind person easyuo using ass.....you think everyone here dont know you use EUO to copy books??????

idiot.

FUBAR

Apprentice
c8v7XiN.png

Runebook dupe deeds is a great idea. if someone is willing to spend 10,000 gold on a dupe deed over your copied runeobooks for 5000gp - there is a problem with you.

SuperHans

Neophyte
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

why would they not add this you idiot.....it makes the game less tedious, deletes gold, and trolls your kind person easyuo using ass.....you think everyone here dont know you use EUO to copy books??????

idiot.

Yea. Lets add reg-stones aswell, and give people free 7x chars while we're at it.
Right? Because people use scripts to buy regs and train skills aswell, so with your logic that'd be perfectly fine.

Oh, and stop being so angry. It makes you look ********.