Sallos w/UOS

Bburnux

Neophyte
Does anyone know how I go about setting stuff up to run Sallos with UO Steam at the same time? I have Sallos setup and running fine on its own, and same with UO Steam. Read somewhere that I needed to have an unaltered version of UO installed without the Sallos stuff, so I got two different folders setup, but cant figure out how to get UO Steam to work on the client that Sallos is running on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

drasked

Grandmaster
Does anyone know how I go about setting stuff up to run Sallos with UO Steam at the same time? I have Sallos setup and running fine on its own, and same with UO Steam. Read somewhere that I needed to have an unaltered version of UO installed without the Sallos stuff, so I got two different folders setup, but cant figure out how to get UO Steam to work on the client that Sallos is running on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make a copy of your Ultima Online installation and tell steam to use the copy (in the first screen when you launch)

pst4nsQ.jpg

Last edited:

Young Star

Grandmaster
for some reason i could only get it to work when i did auto detect on the top field and directly point to the folder in the second field.

Sallos needs to use the client in the default location or is at least harder to reconfig than steam to point to an alternate folder. I just copied the main one and named it "Classic client Steam"

Bburnux

Neophyte
The way i'm launching the sallos client is through the uof launcher, is that right? and i have a 2nd ultima online installation which is where i have steam directed to

drasked

Grandmaster
The way i'm launching the sallos client is through the uof launcher, is that right? and i have a 2nd ultima online installation which is where i have steam directed to

I run sallos directly from the exe, i only used the launcher to install and update my UO.

ah ok so there is no way to have UOS running for the client that i have Sallos on?

You can use both sallos or uosteam to launch UO. But if you want to use both at the same time (1 character logged in with steam and another logged in with sallos) you will have to make a copy of your UO installation and point steam to the copy.

Last edited:

Bburnux

Neophyte
I run sallos directly from the exe, i only used the launcher to install and update my UO.

You can use both sallos or uosteam to launch UO. But if you want to use both at the same time (1 character logged in with steam and another logged in with sallos) you will have to make a copy of your UO installation and point steam to the copy.
But it would have to be on a separate account right? There is no way to have UOS linked to the account/char im on thats running Sallos?

Young Star

Grandmaster
No matter what assistant or client you use you cannot be logged in on two different characters from the same account at the same time.

Bburnux

Neophyte
No matter what assistant or client you use you cannot be logged in on two different characters from the same account at the same time.
I know, thats not what I was trying to do. I was just seeing if there was a way to use both Sallos and UOS at the same time for the same client