same issue, a month later

Maller

Adept
do not let meta pets be trapped, in dungeon, over world, in boats, houses, or anywhere else. this issue makes me quit. this shard has lost some good players already to this issue. its a month after I tried to bring this issue to light. is there any solution yet?

TyroneG

Master
I've found the solution

7g7E5gM.png

Maller

Adept
a pet summoning ball is not a solution when you are disconnected and then have to work 72 hours straight

Swayze

Grandmaster
We have really decreased the chances of this happening, It cannot be trapped in a dungeon, it cannot be trapped if dead, it wont turn into an egg if its in your house, etc.

Literally the only way for it to happen is if its alive in the overland. There simply has to be risk involved when it comes to pets, there is only 1 scenario of you losing a meta pet.

We also have bindings of devotion which extends the time a meta goes wild to 24 hours - highly recommended if you are forgetting to stable your pet or have unstable internet.

We have put items and code in place to decrease the chance of losing a meta pet significantly - there simply has to be some sort of risk associated with such a powerful PVM tool such as a meta pet.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
working on a boat
Play a different character while working on the boat. Save the Meta Tamer for when your feet are back on dry land and have a more stable internet connection. You cannot get mad at a game because you set yourself up for failure. Stealing of Meta Pets has been a thing long before I started here, and will still be a thing long after I am gone. It's a mechanic that isn't getting removed, you are just going to have to cope with that. If you cannot, maybe Meta Tamer isn't the class for you.

I obviously do not have access to such sophisticated technology
It's a smartphone, most of them have a hot spot button under settings.

diminished

Grandmaster
@diminished I obviously do not have access to such sophisticated technology. you would learn a lot by working on a boat
because we knew you worked on a boat before you made this cry baby post about a problem you can easily solve yourself instead of whining about changing current mechanics. sheep will be sheep.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
It is 100% possible to never have your pet in a situation where it can be boated / housed. Now that pets only go wild when trapped you can play smart and no matter when you lose connection have your pet safe from theft.