Seeking Permission for Multiple Accounts per Household

Drazulfel

Hello! I just want to make sure our household is on the level and not fixin' to get ourselves banned for having too many accounts per IP...

We currently have 3 computers in our house. Mine, my wife's, and my son's. One internet service, one router stringing ethernet cables all over our house.

My wife and I already each have an active account. I've created a second, but haven't used it yet. I think she's done the same. Our son doesn't seem to have any interest in UO (before his time!), but we're trying to persuade him!

I'd like to make sure that we are okay with each having 2 accounts from within the same household. Truth be told, we'll probably share 1 house between the 2 of us once we get that far. We're not seeking to abuse the system... we just want to enjoy our favorite game from days gone by!

Thanks!

Wyntr

Master
I'm in a similar situation because my son wants to play and I have not been able to get a hold @Shane. Shane please let us know where we stand. Thank you!

Wyntr

Master
So I am probably going to catch heat for this but I wanna know....

Now I know people are busy and us as user's of this server, we keep the developers busy.

I'm not bitchen, I'm not trying to start shit, I don't want to make people upset, I'm just wondering....

If @Shane were to pull up the accounts, check all of the accounts ip's and note the amount of accounts per IP, if the 3 accounts per IP would hold true.

If it does that is awesome and very well done server administrators! Now if it does not, then what?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
It is checked and if discovered players / accounts are banned.

Are there people currently abusing multiple accounts. Yes.

Will these people eventually be caught and banned. Yes.

3 accounts is a lot. Up to 21 chars. This should be plenty for 2 people to share and unless you want to risk losing everything just stick to 3 accounts.

It used to be 2 accounts and gm would offer a third based on indivisible circumstances. That became a lot of people asking for a 3rd based on whatever situation. So eventually it became 3 for all. No exceptions as 3 should be enough for all situations.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
it used to be 2 per but everyone either made 3 anyway or told shane they had brothers/sister (both true/lies) and had 3 so a rule was set with no exceptions of 3 accts per IP.

i mean its a slippery slope and shane cant really tell who is legit and who is full of shit and just trying to abuse it if he gives some people a 4th others are gonna get tearful and say they have a long lost brother who just came to home. Before u know it everyone is doin this same song and dance about 5th and 6th accts where does he draw the line?

Wyntr

Master
Thank you for the reply. I honestly did not know that you could buy up to 7 characters slots for an account.

Wyntr

Master
it used to be 2 per but everyone either made 3 anyway or told shane they had brothers/sister (both true/lies) and had 3 so a rule was set with no exceptions of 3 accts per IP.

i mean its a slippery slope and shane cant really tell who is legit and who is full of shit and just trying to abuse it if he gives some people a 4th others are gonna get tearful and say they have a long lost brother who just came to home. Before u know it everyone is doin this same song and dance about 5th and 6th accts where does he draw the line?

Good points. Thank you.

shosanna

Well it doesn't seem to be fair :( I am not concerned about the characters but about the ability to have two accounts running at the same time (lets say playing at one window and leveling some ability in other window through macro).

I currently can't do it, since I have only 1 account (my boyfriend has the other 2) and everything is painfully slow. It is not my fault, any other normal player could have 3 accounts and I do not, just because I am living with someone ....

Cack

Grandmaster
Well it doesn't seem to be fair :( I am not concerned about the characters but about the ability to have two accounts running at the same time (lets say playing at one window and leveling some ability in other window through macro).

I currently can't do it, since I have only 1 account (my boyfriend has the other 2) and everything is painfully slow. It is not my fault, any other normal player could have 3 accounts and I do not, just because I am living with someone ....
Move out

Wyntr

Master
Girlfriend: *sad look on face*

Friend: Whats wrong?

Girlfriend: Oh I had to move out of my boyfriends...

Friend: Why?

Girlfriend: We couldn't have more than 3 UOF accounts on our internet ip. So I had to get my own place...

You have the vagina, right? Men love sex.. See where I'm going with this, that second account could easily become yours. :cool: