Shadow of the Rogue

tankian

Grandmaster
Would like to hear some feedback from you guys that started this talisman. How are you liking it. How is the relic leveling. How fun is it or anything else you want to fill us in on.
Ohh and how does it compare to the other talismans. What weapons do you find best to use.
also wiki doesnt say we need hide or stealth, just hide is optional to evade some pks or harder mobs. but wouldnt those 2 skills be needed to get full benefit from this talisman.
what skills do you recommend

Last edited:

De Medici

Grandmaster
Lol but iam interested as well. You start with +50 damage at lvl1 as you do with berserker? In the wiki its written +5% for each bersi level 13% for each shadow level. How ever people told me long time ago you start with 50% at lvl1. Than 55% 60% and so on
Is this true and how would be this starting bonus for lvl1 shadow of the rogue. 50% as well? Cant find it in the wiki.

Last edited:

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
There was some confusion but people confirmed and the wiki is adjusted that it reflects to what Shane originally posted:
Knives(swords)/Daggers(fencing) get a Level * 20% bonus to knife weapons -> so +200% damage at level 10
Crossbows(archery) get a Level * 13% bonus -> so +130% damage at level 10
Source: https://www.uoforum.com/threads/introducing-shadow-of-the-rogue-talisman.95026/

So yes, that's a lot more than the zerker tali has to offer! But don't get blinded by numbers, these weapons have horrible base damage compared to katana/kryss/bows. I did the numbers a while ago and from what I remember the rogue tali did about 20% more damage when maxed - not taking relics into account. Please note, this bonus ONLY works with these weapons! There aren't much of these weapons on the market (looted or crafted).

But there is a price to pay: The relics are in constant decay and require a daily upkeep of about 20-30 minutes of gameplay, which is often overlooked when not actively playing your character on a regular basis.

The Relics available for the Shadow of the Rouge:
Disembowel - bleed attack that does 10 ticks of relic level damage every 30 seconds
Feedback: A flat 100 damage every 30 seconds in an optimal setting (3,33 dps). It's not great but if you are fighting mobs that have no slayer vunrability, you'll notice a difference. I also noticed some mobs are immune for this.

Elude - damage absorbtion of relic level * 2% every 30 seconds that lasts up to 20 seconds per activation
Feedback: I'm leveling my tali without armor for optimal xp gain. Having a 20% damage reduction makes a huge difference for me. The uptime is amazing as well. I haven't tried combined it with heavy armor and a barded swampy yet, but seems to me that will enable you to toe to toe with a lot of big hitters out there.

Ruthless - This is a passive relic that gives relic level * 2% bonus damage to poisoned targets. This is always on and does not give trigger notifications.
Feedback: haven't used this one yet. I have concerns about the amount of poison immune and self curing monsters out there to make this a good relic.

Shadow Dance - area effect attack that hits up to 4 nearby creatures with bonus damage based on relic level
Feedback: Only used this on test, but doesn't seem to be a good investment. Even when fighting lower end mobs at a champion, there is not much added value here.

Overall feedback: Leveling the tali is sloooooow! Leveling the relics is fast and they are always available at a fixed price. The upkeep is a bummer but manageable. If you want to compare with zerker, I think they are par (taking doublestrike into account). I feel like the running while stealthed bonus has no room in any traditional PVM template. I do see a benefit for stealth archer PVPers, but I doubt they'll invest in buying the relic (1M) and level it up to 10 just for that.

Last edited: