Should I Buy a Boat?

Ariandis

Expert
I'm relatively new to this server (one month) and am wondering if I should purchase a boat for my GM fisherman. I'd also use my provo/archer as assistance.

Considering the high cost of a boat as compared to OSI, is it worth the investment if my fishing is only 100? Also, is it worth the risk of my ship being boarded/sunk?

Would the following combo work?

Fisherman fishes while hidden. Provo/archer takes aggro. Fisherman heals provo/archer after spawning?

Also, how far from shore do I have to be to find MiBs?

Thank you!

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
Buy a boat at skara they are roughly 20k for a small, which is all you will need to start raking in them mibs. Also once you get an mib don't stop to do it. It is usually much better to do groups of mibs in the same area to maximize your gold per hour ratio. I currently have 135 mibs sitting in a box waiting to be done!

Edit: Also start training archery on your fisher! It is much better to have him able to solo the serpants (which are super easy) while you play your other character. I see fishing as a way to make money while doing other things on my primary account

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalos

Apprentice
I'm relatively new to this server (one month) and am wondering if I should purchase a boat for my GM fisherman. I'd also use my provo/archer as assistance.

Considering the high cost of a boat as compared to OSI, is it worth the investment if my fishing is only 100? Also, is it worth the risk of my ship being boarded/sunk?

Would the following combo work?

Fisherman fishes while hidden. Provo/archer takes aggro. Fisherman heals provo/archer after spawning?

Also, how far from shore do I have to be to find MiBs?

Thank you!
That is exactly the way I started. Provo/Archer did most of the work. Eventually I raised healing/archer on the fisher. Just keep in mind, when you do fish up a MIB, be prepared to move 2 tiles away so the Deep Water Ele and Normal Water Ele doesn't kill you fast. They can't move on your ship so you are good to go once you move out of the way.

Edit: as far as "is it worth the investment" or, your ship being boarded.
It's definitely worth the investment, every Deep Water Ele drops slightly over 1k. Nets bring them up frequently, and so do MIBs (every single time). Every chest drops on average 4k gold, usually more... sometimes less. After you sell off the crap weapons/armor you can usually get another 2-5k, depending on modifiers. These are rough numbers, but once you fish up a few... you'll see its worth it.

Just always make sure you Dry Dock your boat after, every time I've been lazy and said ahh fuck it... someone came along and destroyed it for a cheap laugh.

I hope I helped. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nowset

i_should_buy_a_boat-28385.jpg

Sorry :(