Skill Changes/Improvements

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I'm new to UOF, but not new to UO. This shard is clearly the best one out there, but I have one complaint: the PvP. I used to only PvP, but I can't stand the dependency on potions and wrestling stun. There's one basic build here that stands above others, and changing that would make this place flawless.

As done with various skills in the past, irrelevant skills are sometimes altered to provide a unique benefit. I thought of a list, and wanted some feedback. (Note: I don't expect these to be implemented, but thought they would improve PvP significantly.)

---------------------------------

Alchemy - Greatly enhances the effectiveness of healing, strength, and dexterity potions. Required for any cure potion to cure anything higher than lesser poison. Required to throw explosion potions in combat.

Arms Lore - Reduces physical damage and grants immunity to special moves (para blow, conc blow, crushing blow, stun and disarm).

Cooking - Food provides long term stat benefits.

Taste ID - Consuming certain cooked reagents cures poison and replenishes stamina. (Cooked ginger, for example.)

Tracking - Archers can shoot bows accurately while running. Provides a damage bonus when using a heavy crossbow while not moving, at range.

Detect Hidden - User can automatically see hidden characters within a certain radius. (Not revealed to others without using the skill.)

Spirit Speak - Can resurrect others. (With GM SS and Forensic, can self resurrect. 50% chance, 10 second cool down.)

Forensic Evaluation - User resurrects with 90% health, mana and stamina.

-----------------------------------

Poisoning would instantly become viable, as potions wouldn't be able to cure them without using alchemy in a skill slot. Archers would have to invest four skills, but would be viable standalone PvPers. Arms Lore would negate wrestling stun as a crutch ability, while also protecting casters from conc and paralyze blow. The spirit speak/forensic stuff would be unique for both field PvP and PvMers.

Incorporating some of the ideas above would diversify PvP and make for an influx of unique, viable builds. Just some random thoughts.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk