Slayer Weps

Zizmuffin

Adept
I'm sure this has been discussed over and over, but I'm lazy and don't want to go look for the threads.

Can you only make slayers in Brit? I'm sick of getting revealed/stolen from/have shit dragged onto him and released. I couldn't care less about the 2 ingot/craft savings, I just want to do that shit in my house.

Deadmerits

Neophyte
Wow, I never knew that. That sounds insane... anyone know the reasoning behind it so I can understand better?

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
To promote interaction between players.
People sitting in their house make the shard feel empty.
Gives a purpose to play a thief as well.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
While it's tough to keep thieves away from your slayers, you can keep your resources in a magically locked box; they won't be able to steal the box itself if it is at least 18 (maybe slightly more, idk the max steal weight) stones.

The only way to open the box would be to cast 'Magic Unlock', lock-picks won't work. You could throw all of your slayers into a trapped pouch, and move away if they pop the pouch to see what's inside. But even with precautions you'll never 100% stop a dedicated thief. Instead putting your points into hiding you should just put them in something else since it's pretty common for a thief to cast Reveal, or macro Detect Hidden on one character while stealing with another; one of the many reasons i'm against allowing more than 1 account logged on at any one time.

Zizmuffin

Adept
I use two characters - one who crafts the items and another to hold them. I put my shit slayers in the main bag as a sort of "bait" while I put the good ones in a bag hidden under a litany of shit, so they likely don't know a bag is there.

i've finally just decided to buy a damn beetle and be done with it.